Players names on shirts

Now we are in an era where a player hardly stays a club longer than 2 seasons and its hard to pick a player to have on your shirt. I was wondering what bad choices fans have made over the years when having a player on their back ?

I had Carlo Corrazzin on my back but at least he was here a couple of years. Not had one since

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a young kid who had Abbott on the back of his new home shirt on Saturday.

oh dear . I saw a ginger lad* with Stephens on his shirt. Guess he couldnt bring himself to have Taylor just in case he got mistaken

* and no it wasnt one of the arsonists

My lads got Tounkara (I was told in the shop the first one surprisingly!) and had Parker last year (based on his performance v Middlesbourgh! Funny not seen him in it since) A couple of lads sat in the row behind took great pleasure in giving him a good ribbing for it!..................Kids eh!!!! Oh and he boughts Guys shirt at the kit sale!

My other lads got Stephens although hes not ginger??? And my youngest who's 3 and has more sence just has his own name!!!!!

Was a decent keeper in my youth and upon buying the yellow JD Sports sponsored keeper shirt, got Gerrard printed on the back! He left for Everton very soon after and I was very disappointed!

Get it back out. He's now a goalkeeper here again :wink:

Only ever got my name on the back of the latics tops that i want a name on - always with the club eh :wink:

I saw someone with "Woodson 7" on the back of the new homeshirt on Saturday.

There's not even a player in our squad called Woodson, and number 7 is Ritchie Jones.

here fishy fishy!!

You can't be that stupid to realise people will get there own surnames on shirt ........

My birthday was approaching a few years back and my Grandma had asked me what I wanted. I pleaded with her I wanted a Latics shirt with 10 Littlejohn on the back.

Between her asking and my birthday, he went to Bury. She had already bought the shirt and got it printed. So I actually first wore the shirt after he had already left.

Oh Aidy Aidy........

And PlayItLivo, that made me chuckle.

had Chris Hall on the back a few years ago before he turned into a tart and decided to be an actor!

safe to say its been binned

Not had many, had 'Beckford 17' on the pack of my green and navy shirt - two months later he got injured and was out for 18 months1

Had 8 Sheridan and 11 Wright on my 06/07 shirts to celebrate the returning 'messiahs'

07/08 Had Gregan and he was crocked by October and Davies, he was gone within a year!

So now I don't bother, think it looks tacky on 30 something rotund chap like myself anyway. Tend not to bother wearing replica shirts once the bad weather kicks in anyway. Don't have to arse about getting changed then after the game before I sink a few in desolation or celebration!

Not had many, had 'Beckford 17' on the pack of my green and navy shirt - two months later he got injured and was out for 18 months1

Had 8 Sheridan and 11 Wright on my 06/07 shirts to celebrate the returning 'messiahs'

07/08 Had Gregan and he was crocked by October and Davies, he was gone within a year!

So now I don't bother, think it looks tacky on 30 something rotund chap like myself anyway. Tend not to bother wearing replica shirts once the bad weather kicks in anyway. Don't have to arse about getting changed then after the game before I sink a few in desolation or celebration!

The boy used to have his name and age up until he was 9, then he's had Gregan, Taylor and Whitaker - we had to discuss why I thought it best not to allow 'Hughes'.

the last players name i got on a shirt was last seasons home shirt and added COOKSEY and his number!

the reason? i was on a cruise ship for my holibobs and sorted out a shirt exchnage with a mad 'soccer' -fan yank!

i got a real decent college team shirt in exchange! go 'tar heels' !! lol

the weird thing we were in the bar watching a premier league game on the ship and i read him a bit of a 'the story of Ernie Cooksey' type thing and gave the man a glowing reference as you could well imagine! ... anyways ... as i finish this bloke turns around and asks me if i mean Ernie Cooksey from so and so, who used to play for so and so etc etc ... " yeah mate!" was my reply ... " i'm good pals with his family ... i see them regular and they'll be made up to hear of this!"

cue my yank mate thinking he's wearing a shirt more that makes a 'Rooney' one pale in significance!

small world eh?