Players names on shirts

the last players name i got on a shirt was last seasons home shirt and added COOKSEY and his number!

the reason? i was on a cruise ship for my holibobs and sorted out a shirt exchnage with a mad 'soccer' -fan yank!

i got a real decent college team shirt in exchange! go 'tar heels' !! lol

the weird thing we were in the bar watching a premier league game on the ship and i read him a bit of a 'the story of Ernie Cooksey' type thing and gave the man a glowing reference as you could well imagine! ... anyways ... as i finish this bloke turns around and asks me if i mean Ernie Cooksey from so and so, who used to play for so and so etc etc ... " yeah mate!" was my reply ... " i'm good pals with his family ... i see them regular and they'll be made up to hear of this!"

cue my yank mate thinking he's wearing a shirt more that makes a 'Rooney' one pale in significance!

small world eh?

Nice one

I've never been one for a particular player, prefering to wait a suotable period to ahve earned immortality.

The worst, I would imagine would be having a Windass one.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest I've ever seen was "Junior AGoGo" on the back of their latics shirt! Strange choice as he only ever was on trail with us and never signed.... Anyone wants to own up to this one?

I remember when he played Latics in the Isle of Man tournament, I was getting autographs and was stood on his untied bootlace. He tried to walk away and nearly decked it, and turned to me in the strangest voice ever "You're standing on my shoe lace".

Was at the last ever City v United derby at Maine Road with my mum, and a girl in front of me had 'LEGAL 16' on the back, nice...

Also on holiday, a dad who supported Leek Town had a shirt with 'DAFT 1' on the back, he thought he was a hoot, I thought he was a to5ser. Over the years, had

Pointon

Murray

Hall

Eyres

Duxbury

Eardley

Liddell

and my name

Had Fitz Hall on my shirt a few years ago, then that w*nker Chris Moore sold him. Still got a good 9 months wear out of it though.

Then had my surname on the 100 years at boundary park shirt, woman in the shop must have had a twitch because none of the letters were actually in line.

Now i just stick to plain shirt, although was considering Dickov on the back this year, decided against it just incase he quits or gets sacked.

Jorvik bought a South African national retro shirt when we signed Furman, and got his name and number printed on the back.

I took the piss all last season when he spent the whole time :censored:/injured.

Doesn't seeming such a bad purchase now!

Last name and number I had printed on a shirt was Henry and 4 :).

Speaking of Henry and 4, I was mascot for a game just before xmas when we were in the Prem, and because I only had the season before's shirt (the sponsor had changed) I had to borrow the Junior Latics one. I then got Barlow and 3 for that season from santa because Henry and 4 had sold out.

I remember back in the day when I used to use the BBC message board a lot there was a fashion for posters to have a number on their username, mine was 8 until the new season's squad numbers were announced and Boshell became number 8- my number changed very quickly after that.

Once saw a girl at the match with "McNiven 2" on the back of her shirt. This was well before he improved to being nearly mediocre too. Has to be the worst.

I cannot believe this post Dave!!! With the lad that sits infront of you.... :wink:

The worst surely (I'm amazed nobody's said this)...has to be the lad in the Chaddy End with Hines on his shirt. I laugh everytime I see it...although, I think it's a worn kit one that he's got through a comp or bought in that kit sale they have at the end of the season (rather than him choosing to have it printed.) Still...I'd want to be paid serious money to be seen in that! Embarrassing as owt. The lad might as well have "I've got crabs" printed on it!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

The worst surely (I'm amazed nobody's said this)...has to be the lad in the Chaddy End with Hines on his shirt. I laugh everytime I see it...although, I think it's a worn kit one that he's got through a comp or bought in that kit sale they have at the end of the season (rather than him choosing to have it printed.) Still...I'd want to be paid serious money to be seen in that! Embarrassing as owt. The lad might as well have "I've got crabs" printed on it!!!

I saw him on Saturday, it was the first time i'd seen it so i assumed that his own surname must be Hines....

He has his own website!!! Despite only playing about 10 senior games and being 22....

Boro / Latics legend

I'm enjoying the way his blog ends when he joins Oldham... oh dear... all went a bit wrong there...

Ah well.. at least he still has his fans..

Hello Sebhines, am Charles by name and am from Nigeria. I am one of your fan, i love your game (control,passes and finishing). Will love to play like you in the future because am also a footballer. Here is my number you can call me if you can +2347091104853. or you can likewise mail me back so as to know that you have receive my mail. Hope to hear from you soonest!

my lad had furman last year, and now takes great pleasure in remonding people that they said this was a bad choice. this year he went for stephens. believe it or not he fancies himself as a bit of a centre midfielder! unsuprisingly he had gerrard on his england top.

not seen many dickov ones yet

Hello Sebhines, am Charles by name and am from Nigeria. I am one of your fan, i love your game (control,passes and finishing). Will love to play like you in the future because am also a footballer. Here is my number you can call me if you can +2347091104853. or you can likewise mail me back so as to know that you have receive my mail. Hope to hear from you soonest!

You just know this is going to lead up to the Words 'royal' 'family' 'bank' and 'details'.

Saw a young kid who had Abbott on the back of his new home shirt on Saturday.

My 10 year old had PAV 9 on the new kit bought for her in May. We were on holiday when he was sold and it took me a few days to tell her. She spent the rest of the hols with it lying on her pillow slleping with her head on it at night. She's not wanted to wear it since and i more or less forced her to wear it on Saturday so she spent the whole game pressed down in her seat so no one could see it. My god us football fan fathers don't half inflict some emotional damage on our kids!

Sod it I was waiting for MaskedOwl to admit it but he hasnt been on.

He's got a Ricketts shirt and has a Holden shirt hanging in his house :lol:

You git.

Yes, i payed to have Ricketts put on my shirt....

The framed Holden one was bought of someone on here....any offers?