Possible another out before weekend

Permanent I hope. :pray:

Yep, would be for the best. Lomax is a player with potential for me but he has seriously lost his way. You look at his performances when he first started to break into the team and how he was last season and they are light years apart. I'm mainly talking in terms of how he played the game, earlier in his career he played simple passes along the floor and looked for feet 9/10 and that slowly deteriorated to long punts down the line making him a liability. Defensively he is average and will improve with age but that isn't enough for me from a full back. The same can be said for Smalley in terms of his 'football brain' or indeed lack of, he was a better player to me when he first came out of the Youths under TP's guidance.

Yep, would be for the best. Lomax is a player with potential for me but he has seriously lost his way. You look at his performances when he first started to break into the team and how he was last season and they are light years apart. I'm mainly talking in terms of how he played the game, earlier in his career he played simple passes along the floor and looked for feet 9/10 and that slowly deteriorated to long punts down the line making him a liability. Defensively he is average and will improve with age but that isn't enough for me from a full back. The same can be said for Smalley in terms of his 'football brain' or indeed lack of, he was a better player to me when he first came out of the Youths under TP's guidance.

The best example of Lomax's stagnation is as follows:-

January 2008 - Arguably MOM at Goodison and certainly in our top 3 that afternoon

January 2009 - Ripped a new asshole by a pisspoor Hereford team and at fault for at least 3 of the 5 (along with a Rubes horror show)

He's been average ever since. Sad to see, as when Shez first brought him back and for two seasons he was a steady Eddie, now as you say a liability, especially at LB.

If Dickov wants to bring someone in, he has to get players out. It may be that in a different situation he'd keep Lomax as cheap backup, or would take a gamble on his potential, but beggars can't be choosers.

What surprises me is that we haven't released some of the cheaper dead wood, like Fodor or Floszmann (neither of whom seem to be ready for first team action). If they're on loan, but not adding anything, send them back to their clubs; if they're under contract, look to see if we can afford to pay it up. (It might not work for the more expensive players, but over time cutting any numbers will help.)

Lomax was excellent when he came on after 5 minutes vs the Bindippers, having been brought back by Shez after Ronald fired him off. Real vision in distribution and defended excellently. Same vs Everton. Does he have a problem motivating himself for a, "normal," game?

Lomax was excellent when he came on after 5 minutes vs the Bindippers, having been brought back by Shez after Ronald fired him off. Real vision in distribution and defended excellently. Same vs Everton. Does he have a problem motivating himself for a, "normal," game?

But the problem is; for every cracking game; there are more examples of mediocre or poor games. I give you Hudds away 2 seasons ago; where he was LB and got ripped to shreds EVERYTIME Hudds attacked. Last season; when he got a chance to stake a claim; he was as bad as I’ve seen a pro footballer be vs Bretford. Martin Gray had to actually shout at him ‘For F-s sake Kelvin; Wake Up and look interested’ (Now I’m well aware of motivation being an issue last season with tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber in charge but still; to not be able to get self motivated and look at all interested for a L1 1st team game is shocking)

There is an OK player in there; but as a backup for us; I wouldn’t be at all comfortable with him having to have an extended run of games due to injury. League 2 or conference beckons for him; that’s his level now IMO.

And, to be honest, a fresh start with a clean slate at a new club just might be the best thing for the lad; he’s still young enough to make a fist of it – just not with us.

Oh; and while we’re at it; Better than Eardley – don’t make me laugh!!

i'd like to see Lomax centre mid

decent tackler, energetic, eye for a pass

Id like to see you dismissed from this message board. I know its an opinion board, but thats taking the piss

All joking aside though, Kelvin Lomax is amongst the worst footballers I have ever seen at BP. Ronnie Moore was spot on getting shut of him.

Edited by youngen

Id like to see you dismissed from this message board. I know its an opinion board, but thats taking the piss

All joking aside though, Kelvin Lomax is amongst the worst footballers I have ever seen at BP. Ronnie Moore was spot on getting shut of him.

Effort 100%

Ability 12%

Intelligence 4%

Looks 2%

leave him alone he has had his heart broken by gregan

I give you Hudds away 2 seasons ago; where he was LB and got ripped to shreds EVERYTIME Hudds attacked.

Oh dear what memories. I felt genuinely sorry for him after a while. His arsehole was being torn apart by Cadamarteri and Shez just wouldn't bring him off.

Oh dear what memories. I felt genuinely sorry for him after a while. His arsehole was being torn apart by Cadamarteri and Shez just wouldn't bring him off.

Indeed. An overweight and past it Cadamarteri at that too. And their RB went past him with ease too; one Andy Holdsworth if memories serve me right on that too.

Nice enough lad I think; but there are far more horror shows than MoM’s from Kelvin – fresh start the best bet all round I feel.