Goalkeeping Heriocs

Mark Tyler vs Latics in FA Cup replay in December 2000 - Posh took the lead in first 5 minutes and we then leathered them for the next 85 minutes and his heroics robbed us of a trip to Stamford Bridge!

Best ever save - Gary Kelly at Barrow in FA Cup replay...if there was any higher than World Class, that was it!

Remember the Evans display,Swindon I think,he was involved in a bit of a skirmish then gave a bit of chat to the Chaddy,popular guy.Going back a few years Brian Parkin,David Watson,Neville Southall spring to mind.With regards to Latics keepers the smaller ones to me were the best shot stoppers,Goram,Kelly,although Gorton was a quality keeper perhaps potentially better than Goram.Now that fella wasted his career.

I remember a Hull City keeper in our promotion season frustrating us, it was a midweek match and they beat us 2-1 ,this may be one for Prozac? as i can remember we were pushing at the top and they was at the bottom.

We absolutely battered them and if it wasnt for his heroics we would have scored about 10.

Jon Keeley always had a blinder against us for Brighton then we signed him and his life went downhill

Brian Parkin the ex oldham keeper on his return with Bristol Rovers 1990-91.

Roger Palmer scored in the last min to win but Parkin was a super human that day,

I remember a Hull City keeper in our promotion season frustrating us, it was a midweek match and they beat us 2-1 ,this may be one for Prozac? as i can remember we were pushing at the top and they was at the bottom.

We absolutely battered them and if it wasnt for his heroics we would have scored about 10.

I remember that. Andy Payton scored. That was the first time I'd ever seen us lose at Boundary Park.

Jeff Wealands?

Ben Williams for Colchester last season when we played on a beach. We'd have won about 5-1 instead of losing 0-1 because of him.

One of the best saves from a Latics keeper in recent times was Shane Supple at Cheltenham stopping a point blank effort from about 5 yards down low to his left. That was the night Hughesy (allegedly) had his spat with Big Joe when he was subbed.

Taylor for Wycombe was unreal - the guy was superhuman. I remember Allott picking out the top corner with his best hit of the season, and the guy grew about 6 inches and made it to tip the ball round the corner - I was gutted. Best performance by an opponent at BP, and Latics fans showed a bit of class when they gave the guy a standing ovation on the way off, which he appreciated if I remember rightly.

Taylor for Wycombe was unreal - the guy was superhuman. I remember Allott picking out the top corner with his best hit of the season, and the guy grew about 6 inches and made it to tip the ball round the corner - I was gutted. Best performance by an opponent at BP, and Latics fans showed a bit of class when they gave the guy a standing ovation on the way off, which he appreciated if I remember rightly.

This. Best goalkeeping performance I've seen anywhere, ever.

Lee Butler, was on loan to Hull from Villa. Our former keeper had an absolute stormer for Bristol Rovers the same season - Brain Parkin for Bristol Rovers, awesome!

Brian Parkin the ex oldham keeper on his return with Bristol Rovers 1990-91.

Roger Palmer scored in the last min to win but Parkin was a super human that day,

Wasn't Palmer, was a deflected effort from Redders, before Stitch score a header a minute later to seal a 2-0 win! Palmer scored the last minute winner a week later at home to WBA where the late Mel Rees had a stormer in goal for them too.

Still on the subject of the Brizzle game if Jon Hallworth had not made a terrific double save at nil nil we may well have been mugged.

Edited by oafcprozac