A Statement from OAFC Directors

Regional Athletics Centre Manchester: Probably cheap to rent, if it isnt FL standards now, it surely wont be a million miles away, all seater stadium....looking the likely option if we do, arguably the only option unless FCUM move out of Gigg Lane

If either of those options are being seriously considered, then end the club now. Tonight.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only OTHER possibility is this......................

Latics have stated that Failsworth is the only site capable of delivering what we want to develop, besides the original BP plans.

my theory is that they have now done s deal witht eh council to rebuild BP as passed originally and that the Council may be part funding, or some form of other land deal is in the offing.

Re-doing BP starting in the summer = no safety certificate possible due to building works = groundshare?????

:unsure:

No safety certificate due to the fact that a big fart from Gordy could bring the whole feckin' main stand down. He's already banned from having beans on his full monty and this is actually stated within the certificate….

Welcome to the party Singe :wink: just as he was beginning to win me back over and all. Sadly his detractors look to have been proved right all along….

I am almost there prozac, and those detractors that said this was all part of the plan I do not belive, but any that said I can see a bad situation happening were wise.

BUT there is a way to go yet, and time for everyone to come out of this smelling of roses.

MY guess from the fact two statements today from Council and LAtics, is that the letters have already been sent b the lawyers.

If either of those options are being seriously considered, then end the club now. Tonight.

I look at it differently. Like when your favourite tv series is in its last ever season. Do you cut off your nose and refuse to watch it? Or enjoy the ride, watch every episode like it's a treat, and know the build up to the finale will be a great spectacle? Lost excepted :wink:

I certainly don't want any premature plug-pulling, last season or not.

The 'For the good of the Club' sentiments are a joke, don't wash and they never have.

As mentioned it's not a time for told you so's but anyone who ever thought we weren't 'saved' for the land is deluded. Corney and co want out with some money back, fair enough... Don't bull:censored: us though and do things in the right way, OAFC is just a burden at the moment.

We were indebited to them for still having a club but if it meant no more Oldham Athletic and pockets lined or vice versa I know where my money would be.

I look at it differently. Like when your favourite tv series is in its last ever season. Do you cut off your nose and refuse to watch it? Or enjoy the ride, watch every episode like it's a treat, and know the build up to the finale will be a great spectacle? Lost excepted :wink:

I certainly don't want any premature plug-pulling, last season or not.

OK, I'll put it another way. The day I find out that the directors are seriously considering taking the club to Bury or Manchester, I'm through with it.

It isn't. My first point was end the club, which would mean ending it for everybody. That was selfish. My second point is simply what I will do and those who want to can continue to watch the car crash.

If that's how you see it, that's a shame. If everything stays as it is on the pitch for the rest of this season, and there's a chance this could be our last season / last season in oldham, bollocks am I missing any of it.

July 2010...

Last time? Ah, you mean because the council owned the land? Yes, true but the deal in place was for it to be sold back to OAFC for the same price for X years. We were protected. Once they bought it under OAFC and whipped it off into Brassbank (for Tax reasons etc people like to suggest) our land was effectively gone...let's see what happens now. Yes, I knew it would be a land deal. Yes, I believed if they couldn't make it happen that they'd stick around and see us safely into new ownership. If this paves the way for looking for a buyer, then I'd like it on the OS and everywhere else. But that land has to be part of it...or else we've nothing saleable...we did back in 2003 as that land was part of the package in getting it off the council.

I agree with Futcher and B_Teets about them being the only ones to take us on. As you'll find above, I thank them for their early days. Since the apathy set in however, they've starved the club commercially, played the fans against one another with the Failsworth "dream" and took out the heart we had left. I expected the end to be a sale of sorts...to someone admittedly with less money, but prepared to give it a go. Not this statement of severing ties. It leaves so many questions which I doubt we'll get answers to. A bit like a lot of their tenure.

They've been as clear as mud!

Anyone fancy starting up that Simon Corney poll again? :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Yeah; Singe? You blew lots of smoke up his rear end last week!

Hey that is in no way what I said. I said that him and the TTA had earned the credit for their actions SO FAR.

They could have bailed out a long time.

This is a move, but has not been finalised.

Unlikely I know, but we could still see the situation where an announcement is made that a solution is found.

I said last night to Barry, if we are turfed out, ground sharing then Simon Corney will be cast int he same light as Chris Moore in my view. But that has not happened, yet.

I've read most of the posts on this subject now and one thing I will say is that if we leave BP at the end of this season, without a CAST IRON GUARANTEE in place of a new stadium within the borough, then it's all over for me.

28 years and it comes to this? :disappointed:

I've read most of the posts on this subject now and one thing I will say is that if we leave BP at the end of this season, without a CAST IRON GUARANTEE in place of a new stadium within the borough, then it's all over for me.

28 years and it comes to this? :disappointed:

25 years for me Dan :ranting: 6 billion people in the world and I was born in fookin' Oldham! :petesake::ranting:

Edited by oafcprozac

25 years for me Dan :ranting: 6 billion people in the world and I was born in fookin' Oldham! :petesake::ranting:

It was all a pipe dream wasn't it, I think we all knew in our heart of hearts we would never get any new sort of stadium or redeveloped BP. We are just not that sort of club.

For the first time I feel like the end is nigh.

36 years.......

It's sickening Paul. And it's not just the club aspect either, it's the whole town for me. I live less than 2 miles from the centre of Oldham in Royton and I haven't been into the town centre itself since about October. It's a run down, scruffy, horrible :censored:hole of a place, and it depresses me to think of what the town has become. I used to love going out for a beer on a Saturday night in the town centre as well. You used to get all kinds of characters out from the kids through to the 30-somethings throught to the old boys and the grannies on a night out. Used to be a belting night, but I've not been out in the centre now for about 3 years, cos it's flaming horrible.

It's just all just very VERY depressing!

On a side note, I recently read Stuart Maconie's excellent book 'Pies and Prejudice'. I can't remember quite how he puts it, but guess which was the only town during his whole tour of the North of England where he was genuinely disappointed and underwhelmed with the arrival into the town and it's general air of depression?! :(

It's sickening Paul. And it's not just the club aspect either, it's the whole town for me. I live less than 2 miles from the centre of Oldham in Royton and I haven't been into the town centre itself since about October. It's a run down, scruffy, horrible :censored:hole of a place, and it depresses me to think of what the town has become. I used to love going out for a beer on a Saturday night in the town centre as well. You used to get all kinds of characters out from the kids through to the 30-somethings throught to the old boys and the grannies on a night out. Used to be a belting night, but I've not been out in the centre now for about 3 years, cos it's flaming horrible.

It's just all just very VERY depressing!

On a side note, I recently read Stuart Maconie's excellent book 'Pies and Prejudice'. I can't remember quite how he puts it, but guess which was the only town during his whole tour of the North of England where he was genuinely disappointed and underwhelmed with the arrival into the town and it's general air of depression?! :(

pie eating know it all...Maconie...pffttt... :angry: