Expertise available

This site, the OWTB community, is so rich in expertise that I can't fathom why the club should have any problems at all.

We've got experts in, obviously, football and man management, catering, retailing, music, computerised ticketing, estate agency, planning, architecture, investment, building, coaching, talent spotting, clothing design, marketing, PR, travel, human relations and personnel, community engagement...and I'm sure I've missed things.

This site, the OWTB community, is so rich in expertise that I can't fathom why the club should have any problems at all.

We've got experts in, obviously, football and man management, catering, retailing, music, computerised ticketing, estate agency, planning, architecture, investment, building, coaching, talent spotting, clothing design, marketing, PR, travel, human relations and personnel, community engagement...and I'm sure I've missed things.

Yeah, damn those fiends putting opinions on an internet message board!

You forgot ego-centric loud mouths.

My job involves at least 4 of those, and also on a personal experience I have some knowledge of a fifth.

Not that anyone contacted me.

And yes, I did offer my services a while back.

You missed grammar and punctuation and language in general.

Are you suggesting that Oldham becomes the first Big Society football club, where the expertise and time of volunteers takes the place of paid full-time professionals? If so, count me in. Seriously. It's a brilliant idea.

My job involves at least 4 of those, and also on a personal experience I have some knowledge of a fifth.

Not that anyone contacted me.

And yes, I did offer my services a while back.

I've had a similarly disappointing experience on a few occasions

Edited by latic12345

I didn't realise you read all my posts ? :wink:

Edited by BP1960

their probably is quite a few on here with expertise in those areas..

Zeros hasn't left the board?

Dont forget the many experts on the town, culture and geography of Oldham; from those who don't actually live here......

Going off the reaction from some on here when a game is postponed and when the failsworth move was announced, we have plenty of experienced groundsmen and architechts :grin:

You missed grammar and punctuation and language in general.

Are you suggesting that Oldham becomes the first Big Society football club, where the expertise and time of volunteers takes the place of paid full-time professionals? If so, count me in. Seriously. It's a brilliant idea.

Bluddy Hell, Mr. T.....you're on track to be on Cameron's Big Society top table!!! Mind you I bet you already "call 'im Dave".

But I agree, it is an excellent idea.

Not sure about about some of the lads replacing "paid full time professionals" on the field though!!!