I'm after some ideas on how to raise a few hundred quid for Chaddy to be fixed. Years of diving round like a loony have taken there toll and it is now falling to pieces.

Obviously no money in the club for stuff like this so it down to me to sort it and I'm not sure I can convince the wife to let me take the money out of the account.

Any genius' out there that are overdue a "lightbulb moment"?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm after some ideas on how to raise a few hundred quid for Chaddy to be fixed. Years of diving round like a loony have taken there toll and it is now falling to pieces.

Obviously no money in the club for stuff like this so it down to me to sort it and I'm not sure I can convince the wife to let me take the money out of the account.

Local school with a needlework class at a loose end? In return FOC appearances at school function(s)

Edited by oafcprozac

I already do tons of FOC appearances.

It won't be possible to repair the suit due to the nature of the damage.

There is no sponsor for Chaddy and I can't see it being sorted, even so, that would have to be dealt with by the club and I can't see any of that money going on something like this.

"run a marathon".....bugger off, I want s new suit not a new heart :)

I like the bucket collection but I won't be at the Swindon game due to a prior engagement.

How much are we talking about?

Assuming it's not a lot in the great scheme of things I'd be astonished if a sponsor couldn't be found. It's one of the few things that actually provides some positive PR. Can't it be done on teh same basis as individual player sponsorships - i.e. someone sponsors the boots, the shorts, the shirt etc.?

I know a cracking owl sanctuary in Norfolk...

Assuming it's not a lot in the great scheme of things I'd be astonished if a sponsor couldn't be found. It's one of the few things that actually provides some positive PR. Can't it be done on teh same basis as individual player sponsorships - i.e. someone sponsors the boots, the shorts, the shirt etc.?

I know a cracking owl sanctuary in Norfolk...

That's what happened last time, B and Q wasn't it? What about all season tickets applications cost a goodwill gesture of a £1 to 'process' - new costume paid for…new sponsors = OAFC Season Ticket Holders...

I've had a couple if sponsors over the years. B&Q, cable comms, pentagon. I think they were fairly expensive (a few grand). A new sponsor would be a good idea but as I say its down to the club to sort it.

The cost is going to be around the £200 mark at least and that's through a woman I know doing it cheap. The company we normally use would want at least £750.

Now this is definatley something for the Trust to get involved with IMHO.

But yes a sponsor would be ideal.

As DO says, astonishingly good PR Chaddy, how much are we talking about £250?

More?

One option is a small charge for those free appearsances.

How much would £5or £10 generate?

It could thenbe more regularly replaced.

It would make us Barcelona-esque is maybe having a charity sponsor.

Appreciate the free-ness is a significant draw, but if you say what it is for (ie replacement suit and charity donation I am sure 90% would not mind.

And I'd happily contribute if it was OWTB sponsored.

EDIT you've answered the csot

ARe you happy with the woman doing it cheap getting the quality?

If so, then I am sure OWTB could generate that.

Edited by singe

I've had a couple if sponsors over the years. B&Q, cable comms, pentagon. I think they were fairly expensive (a few grand). A new sponsor would be a good idea but as I say its down to the club to sort it.

The cost is going to be around the £200 mark at least and that's through a woman I know doing it cheap. The company we normally use would want at least £750.

I think you can find your own sponsorship as long as it's on the outfit (arms etc)rather than the shirt, try an appeal on Facebook.

Did you see the monstrosity that was created last time it was done on the 'cheep'?

chaddy.jpg

Edited by oafcprozac

The woman doing it is called Angela Hallam and she is known as the "mascot doctor", she is extremely good. She did a pair of hands for me a few years ago for £20, rainbow wanted £150. She is very well respected for her quality.

I could charge for the appearances but most of them are for charities and schools who are already scrapping buy on next to nothing.

My company is happy to pay the full £200 Chaddy - let me know what you need!!!

www.lawc.co.uk - swild@lawc.co.uk - just drop me a line -

......or might be better to PM me for security reasons and I'll give you my Telephone Number!!

Edited by z3spacial

Sorry to beat the club with yet another stick, but the main outlet we have for attracting the kiddies and the next generation of fans through the door is falling to bits but the club won't pay, skint or not the club's mascot should be a priority and it should not be up to the man in the suit to sort the repairs. Yet another glaring example of 'Latinomics'…..

My company is happy to pay the full £200 Chaddy - let me know what you need!!!

www.lawc.co.uk - swild@lawc.co.uk - just drop me a line -

......or might be better to PM me for security reasons and I'll give you my Telephone Number!!

Longmuir Wild's Blue & White Chaddy

... It's one of the few things that actually provides some positive PR.

Precisely. I'm amazed the club can't rustle up a couple of hundred quid. Christ, we really are up the creek without a paddle or a fecking canoe.