This trialist striker

Rumours on here suggest the lads call him Benjy and he is from portugal..

I think the rumour that he was Portuguese stemmed from the fact Morais had gone to see him but they were at Hibs together. One thing that is very positive out of this is I doubt he would have come here if Morais was thinking of going in the summer and thought it was a bit naff.

His scoring record (18 goals in 103 games) doesn't inspire much, but he was certainly regarded as a very talented player. I'd be surprised if we could afford him.

It could be many of those appearances were as late substitute and may be deceiving.

It could be many of those appearances were as late substitute and may be deceiving.

Aye, that occurred to me too. Apparently his full Hibs record was 41 starts and 60 sub appearances, scoring 20 goals (all competitions).

Certainly, if it is him I'm not complaining. I just hope he wouldn't get the weight of "guaranteed 30 goal a season man" on his shoulders from day one.

I think it worth mentioneing, that when the player appears under an assumed name, on here we have often made reference to us keeping it under wraps to avoid letting everyone know.

But it maybe that the player wasnt to keep it under wraps. ie not letting people know he is on trial at a LEague ONe Club, keep it hidden from Turkish club etc. pre contract agreements, maybe even just keeping fit.

I think it worth mentioneing, that when the player appears under an assumed name, on here we have often made reference to us keeping it under wraps to avoid letting everyone know.

But it maybe that the player wasnt to keep it under wraps. ie not letting people know he is on trial at a LEague ONe Club, keep it hidden from Turkish club etc. pre contract agreements, maybe even just keeping fit.

Exactly. The club has not disclosed his name for a reason. ie. keeping it quiet from other clubs. So why are people on this site letting the cat out of the bag?

Exactly. The club has not disclosed his name for a reason. ie. keeping it quiet from other clubs. So why are people on this site letting the cat out of the bag?

1. Because nobody has officially said 'we are keeping his name under wraps for reasons x,y or z.'

2. Freedom of speech?

3. Cos an Internet chat forum would be pretty :censored:e if we didn't chat about rumour and conjecture.

4. We all like to think we're amateur sherlocks.

1. Because nobody has officially said 'we are keeping his name under wraps for reasons x,y or z.'

2. Freedom of speech?

3. Cos an Internet chat forum would be pretty :censored:e if we didn't chat about rumour and conjecture.

4. We all like to think we're amateur sherlocks.

And most to trump them all:

69. His agent will be telling the world, it's dog and her grandmother if he thinks that breaching secrecy will earn him one extra penny by getting a better offer.

I remember seein him for hibs on sky a few times a couple of years back and was impressed!

According to his wiki page he's suffered quite a bit with injurys, but he's had about 5 transfers collapse for one reason or another....dodgy agent perhaps??

Striker Abdillahie Yussuf on trial from Leicester. He's been at Tamworth on loan since January, used mainly as a sub, but impressed their fans.

594.jpg

Also midfielder Liam Moore from Leicester on trial. Both playing against the Macc Lads today.

On OS

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

May I be the 1st to say:

Keeper, CM and striker all from Leicester?

Bloddy PD & GT signing their mates...

Or looking at signing players they know well, are available, and they think might have the right attitude and potential whilst fitting within our budget.

Nothing wrong with that.

What I really like about PD and GT is that they don't sit on their arses. They are continually looking at new players and will quickly move players on if they aren't clicking into gear. They don't just wait till busy end of the transfer windows, or till everyone is back from their summer hollidays like previous managers seemed content to do.