I hope this never happens to us

Don't see the problem with this. Free scouting, decent PR with fans, club under no commitment to do anything more. Sure, most tips may be crap (based on Football Manager or someone who scored a zillion goals in the Little Grimethorpe Old Boys Junior League Reserves Division Four) but the odd nugget may still appear at no cost.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13859143.stm

I think it's an awful idea, my view is that most British Football fans don't apreciate talent enough and I'll never forget the time Danny Whittaker was voted better than Richie Wellens in a poll

Much is made of the Whittaker/Wellens poll, but it was only a snapshot of time and without the benefit of hindsight.

Much is made of the Whittaker/Wellens poll, but it was only a snapshot of time and without the benefit of hindsight.

I remember it well. Just shows how fickle some fans are because Whittaker wasn't in the same league as Wellens!

But there's not a single manager in the world who is aware of the availability of every player. It's not going to take Skiverton long to flick through a load of tweets going, "yeah, know about him... and him... and him... oh, didn't realise he was available...", and it's not like he's under any obligation to do anything with the information.

Forward thinking, and so simple too. Big thumbs up from me.