Huddersfield

Don't think this thread has in any way made it look like we have big club syndrome, more like you have little club syndrome.

The other Town fan is describing the hangover feeling that a lot of us have after yet another season of falling short at the last few hurdles. We didn't expect to be visiting Upton Park because we are the mighty gigantic significant massive draw come out and see us Huddersfield Town, but because we did go so long unbeaten and it really did feel like we'd finally do it. Turns out once again we just can't.

It's just like the film Groundhog Day. If you've seen it by the end Bill Murray is just nonchalantly going through the motions. It's not that we expect, because now we don't. It's the opposite - it's just numb.

But it's the Oldham game again where the crowd sizes start getting banded about, then the away followings, then the percentage of away followings compared to home crowds, until in the end we all agree that we are much bigger than the other, with both sides offering lots of illogical reasoning.

You yearn for us to consider you relevant. Just like we yearn for Leeds to do the same to us. And them to Man Utd. I guess Rochdale yearn for you?

Jesus, with all your money, nice ground and big support, what have you achieved... really?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather be shagging Kylie every night…but hey ho sometimes you have to accept your lot in life….

Really? She looks like a horse. This is a fantasy, you could have picked anyone!

If you're going for a Minogue, at least go for Danny she is better looking and less famous so using my calculations therefore, six times as dirty between the sheets/on the floor/ in the car/ in the portaloo's.

Don't think this thread has in any way made it look like we have big club syndrome, more like you have little club syndrome.

The other Town fan is describing the hangover feeling that a lot of us have after yet another season of falling short at the last few hurdles. We didn't expect to be visiting Upton Park because we are the mighty gigantic significant massive draw come out and see us Huddersfield Town, but because we did go so long unbeaten and it really did feel like we'd finally do it. Turns out once again we just can't.

It's just like the film Groundhog Day. If you've seen it by the end Bill Murray is just nonchalantly going through the motions. It's not that we expect, because now we don't. It's the opposite - it's just numb.

But it's the Oldham game again where the crowd sizes start getting banded about, then the away followings, then the percentage of away followings compared to home crowds, until in the end we all agree that we are much bigger than the other, with both sides offering lots of illogical reasoning.

You yearn for us to consider you relevant. Just like we yearn for Leeds to do the same to us. And them to Man Utd. I guess Rochdale yearn for you?

Do not fear my Yorkshire friend, On FM10, I won the league with Town, even if I did vomit over the screen that I had taken over a Yaaarkshire club. Anyway in our first season in the Championship, we finished 4th and played L'*ds in the Play-off final, drawing 1-1 losing 6-5 on pens, Peter Clarke missing the last pen...gutted, still it was a good achievement for the lads.

Edited by alex_balls

Really? She looks like a horse. This is a fantasy, you could have picked anyone!

If you're going for a Minogue, at least go for Danny she is better looking and less famous so using my calculations therefore, six times as dirty between the sheets/on the floor/ in the car/ in the portaloo's.

But Dannii's is a bit like a yawning hippo now she's popped a sprout out…..agree she was fit when she was younger, still remember the (many) bikini scenes in Home and Away……back in a minute…. :naughty:

And there it goes again, you are claiming we yearn for you like you do for Leeds........ errr we dont! You must also see us as relevant or you wouln't be a member on here!

we just want you to bring the support you are capable of in order to give us much needed income. we fill your place every season. dont see why you can't do the same.

Because we're fickle. And because I'm a Town fan and you're an Oldham fan this will be bias but I really believe we are a good away day. I'd want to come to us to. That's no disrespect to you, it's :censored: the way your ground has ended up and we are extremely lucky to have what we have. Hopefully soon enough you'll get your place redeveloped. But put your faith your OAFC aside and you must see how un-enjoyable an experience it can be at BP.

Looking at your DATM site over the last few seasons you certainly do that already....

You're fixated with Leeds- who out perform you and have done since the 1930s

You're fixated with Bradford - who have no success but still get crowds as big or bigger than you

You're fixated with Oldham - a club who for the last 20 years have outperformed you other than last season despite, apparently, having no style, cash, fans or ground.

Yes we are fixated with Leeds. I said that. Bradford are our rivals. So whatever league they are in we will always talk about them because it is a derby. The Oldham Huddersfield love in has arisen because we have both settled in the same league for a fair while now. A few years ago when you were performing better than (say last year) our association got more relevant and fierce. Now our fortunes have (minutely) differed recently things have calmed down again and from our side I don't see too much interest or talk. No matter what league Sadford are in it will always be a pull, I can't see that with you. There is definitely not a fixation with you compared to the way we are with Leeds & Bradford. Leeds fans could copy and paste that last paragraph but replace with their name against ours and it would still make sense. We became temporarily relevant to them (in modern times) due to league placings & competition. It's now gone.

Jesus, with all your money, nice ground and big support, what have you achieved... really?

Nothing. I think you're missing the point, that's why so many Town fans appear blasé about the new season. Hype doesn't last forever.

Do not fear my Yorkshire friend, On FM10, I won the league with Town, even if I did vomit over the screen that I had taken over a Yaaarkshire club. Anyway in our first season in the Championship, we finished 4th and played L'*ds in the Play-off final, drawing 1-1 losing 6-5 on pens, Peter Clarke missing the last pen...gutted, still it was a good achievement for the lads.

I have a Man Utd season ticket holding mate who always txts me telling me he's won the LC with us and qualifying for Europa in first year etc. I appreciate yours and his pity.

And there it goes again, you are claiming we yearn for you like you do for Leeds........ errr we dont! You must also see us as relevant or you wouln't be a member on here!

It was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest. I signed up because my ex was a Latic. And I popped on recently to see other clubs reaction to our proposed 'boycott' of SU.

Because we're fickle. And because I'm a Town fan and you're an Oldham fan this will be bias but I really believe we are a good away day. I'd want to come to us to. That's no disrespect to you, it's :censored: the way your ground has ended up and we are extremely lucky to have what we have. Hopefully soon enough you'll get your place redeveloped. But put your faith your OAFC aside and you must see how un-enjoyable an experience it can be at BP.

You u are a good away day because you are very local!!! Personally i don't like your ground but, hands up, at least it is a ground and not a 3 sided ruin we call home.

we just want you to bring the support you are capable of in order to give us much needed income. we fill your place every season. dont see why you can't do the same.

you brought less than 1900 last season and 600 the year before

The away end holds 3900

Town took 3660 last season and 3909 the year before

These are facts, not trying to belittle in any way

The away end holds 3900

You just love numbers, innit.

Catchy username, by the way.

I yearn for a return to the days when the likes of Huddersfield & Rochdale weren't our biggest games of the season.

it's embarassing.

I dont get why you have to be a rival in order to follow your football team to a ground which is a short distance away? Surely if you support your team and are a fan of the team, you would watch them whoever they play. Youd watch them against Stevenage at home. Probably pay in to watch it if you dont have an ST. So a ground which is a 25 minute journey away, especially with the amount of fans you get at home games should at least have the away end 3/4 full. Irrelevant if you treat it as a derby/rivalry. Maybe our ground is a run down crap hole but its still a chance (if not a better chance because of how close it is) to have a few beers and watch your team play, more than likely win on current form. I know I couldnt care less for Scunthorpe but I still went because its close and I followed my team. Turned out a great night. And if moneys so tight you just car share and get a ticket, the petrol and ticket will make it a maximum of £30. Theres more than enough Udders fans who can spare that ( maybe not you personally ). If Oldham are away within a 100 mile distance you will 9/10 see me there unless I have other commitments such as holidays. I dont get how people call themselves true football fans and not armchair supporters because they watch a local team at home.

The away end holds 3900

Where are these facts from, because surely the H+S people will have had a problem with us overloading the away end?

Where are these facts from, because surely the H+S people will have had a problem with us overloading the away end?

You mis-read.. He was pointing out Hudder's away end holds 3900 and what we brought to them - 1900 and 600.. And that to us they brought 3660 and 3909..

For somebody who doesn't think us relevant you're spending far too much time on here.

Spend your time more fruitfully suggestions:

1. Calculate how long Lee Clark has left as manager

2. Ask your girlfriend for some wool off her back and knit a scarf

Hudds have a bigger fan base than us.

In the last couple of season's they've brought an away following that refelcts this - about time too.

In Penney's season we took a poor following to their place midweek.

But they do seem to have assumed this horrible "we're a giant club who should be playing at a higher level" attitude.

For most of my life they've been as :censored:e as or worse than Latics.

For somebody who doesn't think us relevant you're spending far too much time on here.

Spend your time more fruitfully suggestions:

1. Calculate how long Lee Clark has left as manager

2. Ask your girlfriend for some wool off her back and knit a scarf

Ah yes, my 9 posts. And the 5 hours since my first post in this thread really does stand out as 'far too much time', even considering we've been going for 200,000 years.

1. For him it has to be this season.

2. I live in Liverpool, don't think you see any sheep until Warrington.

It does not matter who brings how many who gets the biggest crowds!! At the end of the day(stole that off k.keegan:-)lol)its the scoreline that does matters, and yes oldham are a small town but huddersfield arnt much bigger!!

The away end holds 3900

===================================

Ok I’m going to be really boring, but to prove a point that our percentage away following, based on average home crowds is better than Hudders. For league games, except for the Penney season, when it was also midweek.

Latics fans to Huddersfield

Season Away following Average home gate %age of home average

2007-08 2,518 5,325 47.3

2008-09 2,980 5,636 52.9

2009-10 598 4,630 12.9

2010-11 1,946 4,392 44.3

Huddersfield fans to Latics

Season Away following Average home gate %age of home average

2007-08 1,095 9,391 11.6

2008-09 1,596 12,862 12.4

2009-10 3,909 14,381 27.1

2010-11 3,665 13,733 26.7

What does this prove – probably nothing, but our crowds are smaller in total but bigger in percentage terms.