#2: Rodney Jack

The Vote:  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send them to the sanctuary?

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down.
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace.

This is how it works:

This is Pine Villains Donkey Sanctuary! A PV mini-site that will never let you forget all those donkeys that took the piss and blagged us all into thinking that knew what they were doing. It will also remind you that whatever happens right now, we've had some right old :censored:e in the past.

Every now and again (we’re not going to say every week – we can’t work to a regular schedule, we’re all lazy, and don’t worry we’ve got a lot of material) we’ll release a new PV Donkey Trading Card on the OWTB forums with basic stats and what-knot like any other trading card, we'll add a vote to either send him to the sanctuary as a proper donkey or save him from donkeydom - plus and this is what really counts, we need your real-life tributes to these donkeys. Be it good or bad we’re looking for your comments (keep it clean) on these asses so we can add those pearls of wisdom to the card bio in our donkey hall of fame on The Donkey Sanctuary site! Only the best will do, mind.

In future we’ll only post them on here (OWTB), and the results will be posted on The Donkey Sanctuary http://wp.me/1NXi3 - Dave Penney is already up. Here's number two...

smgemc.png

Brian Talbot brought Rodney Jack to Oldham on a free on the 5th July 2004 and officially left on the 10th August 2006, amassing a total of 5 game starts and 5 games off the bench however he did score more goals than Warren Feeney.

Edited by Pine Villains

FIVE games?! Shurely shome mishtake - he must have played more than that?! I remember him having one really good game against Walsall at home - think we beat them 5-2? I was really pleased we'd signed him, but he was pretty rubbish. Didn't he and Jermaine Johnson disappear for half the season on 2006 World Cup qualifying duty, leaving us totally in the schtum?

nah we've had far worse players than him, he couldn't do much when Talbot insisted on playing long ball up to him against defenders who were a foot higher, I remember games against Wrexham, Hull and Brentford and we won nothing in the air against their massive centre backs. It was hardly his fault

Can we have a catagory inbetween those two, he shouldn't go into the sacntuary, but he certainly wasn't ace! :grin:

Yeah, he was a trier, God love him. You can't put him in the same category as Dave Penney and Warren Feeney.

I was pleased we had signed him although he seemed to be always crocked and in the club shop with a bag of swag, and when he did play I always thought he wasn't fitting in with the style of play being managed. I got the impression he was on a jolly at Latics.

I was pleased we had signed him although he seemed to be always crocked and in the club shop with a bag of swag, and when he did play I always thought he wasn't fitting in with the style of play being managed. I got the impression he was on a jolly at Latics.

Didn't he fail to show for a game once because he got stuck in traffic? Sanctuary just for that I reckon.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Gash. Donkey.

Would you believe we sponsored him for the club, what a waste of money.

Don't have a very good track record on player sponsorship, when you see Michael Clegg, Stefan Stam, Kelvin Lomax and Rob Scott added to our list.

Only one so far who appeared value for money and a good player was Clyde Wijnhard.

I daren't say who we've put the dreaded curse on this year, but it's not looking good at the moment for us.

Ian G.

Don't have a very good track record on player sponsorship, when you see Michael Clegg, Stefan Stam, Kelvin Lomax and Rob Scott added to our list.

Only one so far who appeared value for money and a good player was Clyde Wijnhard.

I daren't say who we've put the dreaded curse on this year, but it's not looking good at the moment for us.

Ian G.

What's wrong with Stef? A good servant to Latics.

Ian G.

I can guess!

Dont think he was a donkey, but he certainly was :censored:e.

Shaun Garnett, Stuart Thom, Ian Ormondroyd, Jon McGinlay, Ben Burgess

Now they, were donkeys!!!!!!

Shaun Garnett?! Hush your mouth young one, you are talking tripe. Rearguard stalwart.

Rodney Jack was never here! St Vincent and the Grenadines was it?

Shaun Garnett?! Hush your mouth young one, you are talking tripe. Rearguard stalwart.

One of my first Latics memories is how much I disliked Garnett. In my mind he's the worst centre-half we've EVER had. On a par with Lord N'Diwa :lol:

Rodney Jack was never here! St Vincent and the Grenadines was it?

One of my first Latics memories is how much I disliked Garnett. In my mind he's the worst centre-half we've EVER had. On a par with Lord N'Diwa :lol:

Loathe to have a go at another Latics fan but I can't let that one go, mate. Yeah, he was useless with the ball but he was an effective 'stopper' and helped keep us up during Ritchie's era when we could afford jack sheet anyone else.