Latics 5 - 2 Shez

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just 3 pts from play offs, and beginning to get closer with the consistency.

3 players to come back.

Does anyone know if Simpsons twittered about not wanting to go back, or just that he is happy here.

Hoping he has made some comments that makes it impossible to go back! Slagging of clark of something?

I'm not saying we can't push for the play offs BUT lets not get carried away after beating one of the worst teams to play at Boundary Park. We've just won 3 games on a trot for the first time in 2 years and they've all been league 2 standard teams. The real test will come against the likes of Charlton and Huddersfield away. It is nice to see some great football back at home though.

It should have been more goals for us today and less for them but 5-2 we can't complain can we! When was the last time we scored 5? My first game was 5-2 against Charlton in 1994 and I can't recall any since.

I'm not saying we can't push for the play offs BUT lets not get carried away after beating one of the worst teams to play at Boundary Park. We've just won 3 games on a trot for the first time in 2 years and they've all been league 2 standard teams. The real test will come against the likes of Charlton and Huddersfield away. It is nice to see some great football back at home though.

It should have been more goals for us today and less for them but 5-2 we can't complain can we! When was the last time we scored 5? My first game was 5-2 against Charlton in 1994 and I can't recall any since.

Gillingham, Mansfield Town, Forrest. to name a few

scored five, looked totally convincing, and we've still played better this season. all good goals, and bury aside we've scored 2,3,3,(0),3,3,5 and i make that 19 in seven.

great performance and we beat a decent side, dont agree that they were the worst to play here for a while because their heads might have dropped second half but they still gave the defence a trouble and deserved their two goals, we just played better.

oh, and sign simpson up!!!

scored five, looked totally convincing, and we've still played better this season. all good goals, and bury aside we've scored 2,3,3,(0),3,3,5 and i make that 19 in seven.

great performance and we beat a decent side, dont agree that they were the worst to play here for a while because their heads might have dropped second half but they still gave the defence a trouble and deserved their two goals, we just played better.

oh, and sign simpson up!!!

Worse sides than chesterfield have left BP with points in recent times.

Could we make the play-offs? Yes, we could.

Will we? Probably not. I thought their first goal was a particularly soft one and highlighted our defensive frailties. Not as soft as Simpson's third goal though :grin:. Getting the defence settled and working as a unit is the key.

Chesterfield were very poor at the back. Not bad at the other end though.

...I know it's silly, but could we pull it off? Scoring like Bejesus at the moment.

3 points off the playoffs just makes it a bit more frustrating by the points we have dropped so far....we should be already in there...

great game great goals....showed today if kuqi has an off day we can still score and cause trouble...

also showed how important furman is,went back to being too deep and gave too much space away when he went off...

cant see us being too far off playoffs if we carry on like this though

Probably a poor team we beat , but we did it superbly.

A masterclass from Simpson , let's hope he is enjoying his role as much & wants to stay , we don't want anyone else pinching him.

I thought Mvoto was terrific today , best performance of the season.

Wes too was everywhere & good to see Lee wallop one in , let's hope he now has the confidence to try more of them.

What a great day

You can only beat what's in front of you and worse teams than Chesterfield have beaten us in recent times. I'm just glad we appear to be getting into the habit of winning home games again, regardless of the opposition.....

Could we make the play-offs? Yes, we could.

Will we? Probably not. I thought their first goal was a particularly soft one and highlighted our defensive frailties. Not as soft as Simpson's third goal though :grin:. Getting the defence settled and working as a unit is the key.

Chesterfield were very poor at the back. Not bad at the other end though.

The defence is still my worry too. We still keep conceding the 'free header' goal.....are players switching off ?

You can only beat what's in front of you and worse teams than Chesterfield have beaten us in recent times. I'm just glad we appear to be getting into the habit of winning home games again, regardless of the opposition.....

Exactly, this is the kind of home game we've had a tendency to lose in recent seasons. I was saying recently I felt a win like this was imminent, and I reckon we'll see a few more this season now.

Just 3 pts from play offs, and beginning to get closer with the consistency.

3 players to come back.

Does anyone know if Simpsons twittered about not wanting to go back, or just that he is happy here.

Hoping he has made some comments that makes it impossible to go back! Slagging of clark of something?

RobbieSimmo Robbie Simpson

Overwhelmed by all ur msgs tweeps! Obviously delighted with the #hattrick & #3pts #oafc ☺. I ♥ my team! Off to bed now for me #tonsilitus ☹

From twitter, nice indication that he may well want to stay.

RobbieSimmo Robbie Simpson

Overwhelmed by all ur msgs tweeps! Obviously delighted with the #hattrick & #3pts #oafc ☺. I ♥ my team! Off to bed now for me #tonsilitus ☹

From twitter, nice indication that he may well want to stay.

He should be ill more often.

this is not me moaning - its been a great day and for 90% of the game we had 11 outstanding players...

we're not always going to be able to win 3-1 or 5-2 so some effort has to be put in on the defence....in some games, say charlton, sheff utd, hudds we're not going to get as many chances and its not going to be as easy to score so if we do bag, we need to have more confidence that potentially 1 can be enough to win the game.

Although Mvoto had his best game since last year, and diamond did well - we still conceded a free header, conceded a fairly simple 2nd and they missed a couple of other chances - will the big boys squander those chances? Teams definatly look to attack our left back.

For the first time since we had eyeres and liddle supplying chance after chance, we look good going forward, if we could sure up at the back a touch, there is no reason we can't finish in a play-off spot.

well played today each and every player

this is not me moaning - its been a great day and for 90% of the game we had 11 outstanding players...

we're not always going to be able to win 3-1 or 5-2 so some effort has to be put in on the defence....in some games, say charlton, sheff utd, hudds we're not going to get as many chances and its not going to be as easy to score so if we do bag, we need to have more confidence that potentially 1 can be enough to win the game.

Although Mvoto had his best game since last year, and diamond did well - we still conceded a free header, conceded a fairly simple 2nd and they missed a couple of other chances - will the big boys squander those chances? Teams definatly look to attack our left back.

For the first time since we had eyeres and liddle supplying chance after chance, we look good going forward, if we could sure up at the back a touch, there is no reason we can't finish in a play-off spot.

well played today each and every player

And a big hand for Cisak, who made three excellent saves, without which it could have been a different story. :applause1: