Liverpool Tickets

Its been an idea for a while but how about a membership scheme where you pay a set amount to get the equivalent of the vouchers in the season ticket book plus a match ticket say £30 for a match ticket (non category A) and the vouchers. The voucher holders have to wait behind season ticket holders but get them before open sale. It would be useful for all exiles who would like to get a season ticket but it doesn't make sense to do so- as they miss more mid week games, or anyone who works shifts, or anyone who can't afford the outlay of a couple of hundred quid in June/July. If the vouchers don't get used, because we don't play a big team in the cup or get to the area final of the JPT then its tough- hence the inclusion of a match ticket. The club then has an extra bit of income which might help get it through the tough close season financially. Plus it saves the rigmarole of printing programme vouchers.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been an idea for a while but how about a membership scheme where you pay a set amount to get the equivalent of the vouchers in the season ticket book plus a match ticket say £30 for a match ticket (non category A) and the vouchers. The voucher holders have to wait behind season ticket holders but get them before open sale. It would be useful for all exiles who would like to get a season ticket but it doesn't make sense to do so- as they miss more mid week games, or anyone who works shifts, or anyone who can't afford the outlay of a couple of hundred quid in June/July. If the vouchers don't get used, because we don't play a big team in the cup or get to the area final of the JPT then its tough- hence the inclusion of a match ticket. The club then has an extra bit of income which might help get it through the tough close season financially. Plus it saves the rigmarole of printing programme vouchers.

Club memberships are still possible providing the member does not get discount on the gate week in week out. A membership card of £30 a season would go a long way to stop the gripes that have happened. If we can do a student membership card then surely we can do a regular one. As for OASIS perhaps it would be in their self-interests to get closer to the club to ensure that the southern fans don't miss out in future. A membership fee with a percentage to the club? To ensure for every big game a bundle of 150-200 tickets are put to one side for those with no options of physically attending BP and queueing. 200 tickets may not be enough but at least they could draw a ballot?

You been listening to my recent conversations regarding membership schemes. :0) been coming up with a few ideas that hopefully Ill get passed onto the club at some point. As for oasis ( well the guys we are in regular contact with)... don't worry we all got tickets for Anfield ;0) I will start getting a few database of southern fans together in new year though

Edited by Markoasis

If a few more people came down to BP on a match day, contributed to playershare and bought some latics branded tat from the club shop then we might rise up the league and play big games every week.

I'm not going to deride anyone who others perceive as bandwagon jumpers, their cash is as good for the club as any is. I do find it a bit puzzling that thousands are willing to stump up £40-50 for ticket, travel, food/drink to watch Latics play in and possibly lose humiliatingly in a cup, yet for about 6 times that amount they can see us win more often week in week out and help the club financially through the lean summer months.

Just a thought.

100% correct. second tier membership as I posted elsewhere linked to Playershare when a game like this comes up name on list and your REGULAR SUPPORT rewarded easy,

Playershare- what's the deal with minimum contributions to that because I've probably come close to that for December due to my Christmas shopping and using the web-shop (cue link opportunity for opinions4u). I'd have done that anyway without the opportunity for Liverpool tickets (its about a minute extra online and the price is the same). Playershare is separate to the club (and its a good thing), if the club want to give regular playershare contributors a bonus then they can but others should be given the opportunity to get the benefits without associating with playershare.

If a few more people came down to BP on a match day, contributed to playershare and bought some latics branded tat from the club shop then we might rise up the league and play big games every week.

I'm not going to deride anyone who others perceive as bandwagon jumpers, their cash is as good for the club as any is. I do find it a bit puzzling that thousands are willing to stump up £40-50 for ticket, travel, food/drink to watch Latics play in and possibly lose humiliatingly in a cup, yet for about 6 times that amount they can see us win more often week in week out and help the club financially through the lean summer months.

Just a thought.

Home league results will have to vastly improve, displays like against Hartlepool may in fact have the reverse effect and drive some away from league games.

Sorry cant agree, The people who have done the right things ie bought season tickets, vouchers, or got up early in the morning have got a ticket. Those that dont possess the passion to do the right things have not.

Or those who didn't get paid on time and were having to wait. Before this season i've been a season ticket holder for over a decade but this year it was more important to be able to afford food, rent and pay bills. I've still probably made it to BP more this season than half the people going to the Liverpool game.

Sorry i'm not a super fan ='(

Home league results will have to vastly improve, displays like against Hartlepool may in fact have the reverse effect and drive some away from league games.

And that's the vicious circle, we're short up front and have to play a forward at right back as our rightback is injured, our leftback is also out so we're playing a bright young prospect smack bang in the firing line. Our defensive midfielder goes off after 20 seconds and we're playing a loanee. This team is patched up at the mo and it is showing but we don't get more fans until we get results but we won't get results till we get more fans.

The one thing that could break the cycle is people converting their devotion to latics into cold hard cash and putting up with the odd below par performance for the greater good. Idealistic I know but as long as Dickov has buttons to work with the moaners and groaners and typical latics will prevail.

A membership scheme would be the most sensible option.

In an ideal world there would be some sort of loyalty scheme like the bigger clubs have, but that's nigh on impossible for a club of our size. If every game was all-ticket it would be easy to work out who had been to what and apportion tickets like that. However, most grounds (including our own) at our level or at the levels we play against in early stages of cup competitions are pay on the gate so it becomes impossible to work it all out/keep accurate records.

Unfortunately with these things it is always going to be impossible to please everyone. By and large the club's allocation policy was correct - ST holders first, some form of loyalty second, the rest third. There were a small number of areas in which it could have been different/improved and I'm sure people's opinions are altered by whether or not they managed to get a ticket (I know I wasn't happy about the 2 tickets per ST holder at first and, whilst I still think it's wrong, I'm naturally not as annoyed about it now as I was able to get a ticket on Thursday morning (or afternoon by the time got to the front of the queue!)). The club can't please everyone and I'm sure if we do manage a shock and pull another plum draw/get a replay (which will cause hypothetically exactly the same problem given the tickets available) then small changes will be made. On balance though, I think the club have handled the situation as well as can be expected for a small ticket office who have to deal with such demand once in a blue moon.

Wasnt the issue that the FL had with membership schemes that they were used very scrupulously in some cases by some clubs, giving 'members' much cheaper ticket prices?

It doesn't even have to be a membership. I think a good way of doing things could be similar to how Everton have done things. They have something called an 'Evertonia' membership which is £20 a season and gets you priority ticketing. I remember for the merseyside derby they did it something like this

Day 1: Tickets available to Evertonia members who have been to 3 games or more

Day 2: Evertonia members who have been to 2 games or more

Day 3: Evertonia members who have been to 1 game or more

Day 4: Evertonia members

Day 5: Fans who have been to 3 games or more

Day 6: Fans who have been to two games or more

Day 7: Open sale

Considering our fan base at the moment, I really don't think there is much need for a paid 'membership' scheme. A loyalty scheme however, which basically records how many games a fan hasnt been to, and can be used for the bigger fixtures in a similar way to the above would work, as it would ensure non season ticket holders who attend the majority of games will get a priority of some kind for the bigger fixtures.

The club had 6100+ tickets to sell - The club have done that - Job done.

Lock the thread.

I'm tempted. The thread is full of dross. But that's not how we do things.

What I would say to people who are spouting about Memberships schemes and Databases and the like is that the cost of that is not inconsequential. On the contrary it's actually very expensive to create and maintain a well structured database. A 3rd party would cost a lot of money and those at the club probably don't know what they're doing (not their fault, obviously).

If there's someone out there who knows how to build and maintain a ~5,000 user database and will do it for free I'm certain the club would like to hear from you! Get on the blower now!

I'm tempted. The thread is full of dross. But that's not how we do things.

What I would say to people who are spouting about Memberships schemes and Databases and the like is that the cost of that is not inconsequential. On the contrary it's actually very expensive to create and maintain a well structured database. A 3rd party would cost a lot of money and those at the club probably don't know what they're doing (not their fault, obviously).

If there's someone out there who knows how to build and maintain a ~5,000 user database and will do it for free I'm certain the club would like to hear from you! Get on the blower now!

Can see what your saying Ackey but some schemes such as a loyalty card could surely be managed non electronically, something as simple as a stamp at the turnstiles or at the ticket office for every home ticket purchased?

My point being there are ways the club could introduce a loyalty scheme etc with the intention of rewarding regular attenders who aren't season ticket holders without having to pay for and maintain a database?

Can see what your saying Ackey but some schemes such as a loyalty card could surely be managed non electronically, something as simple as a stamp at the turnstiles or at the ticket office for every home ticket purchased?

My point being there are ways the club could introduce a loyalty scheme etc with the intention of rewarding regular attenders who aren't season ticket holders without having to pay for and maintain a database?

How many turnstiles? 20? 20 Stamps = £100? Paper cards need printing. 5,000 of them? £1,000?

Lets call it £2,000 from top to bottom? I'm pulling these out my ass, lets be honest, but I'd say it's fair guess.

That's not an inconsequential amount of money!

Programme tokens for all games is the future.

Where do you draw the line? 5 tokens? 10?

What about the guy who couldn't make it cos they live too far away? Or missed six games because they were in hospital? Or 'cause someone died?

What about those who pay £20 a week and can't afford that extra £3.... they went to 10 games, someone went to 5 but bought 5 programmes gets to go and they don't?

The point is it will never be fair as long as supply exceeds demand and that's life. It's a :censored:ter sometimes and we have to grin and bear it.

I agree no system will be fair to all.

But whatever system is used to differentiate availability should also be linked in some way to revenue for the club and, ideally, cost the club nothing.

Programme tokens do that. And the faraway fan can cheat and subscribe to programmes even if not attending games.

Edited by opinions4u

I agree no system will be fair to all.

But whatever system is used to differentiate availability should also be linked in some way to revenue for the club and, ideally, cost the club nothing.

Programme tokens do that. And the faraway fan can cheat and subscribe to programmes even if not attending games.

Fair point, it's probably the best available system in terms of costs.

How much does it cost to maintain the system for student membership- according to the club £13 for a naff bit of laminate (photo ID) and someone to input the data. Say the laminate costs £3 for the hundred or so students that's £10 each for data entry- which is more than a bit steep, especially as its the same price every year. If your an Oldham "member" you get a similar bit of laminate with your picture on it (to be updated with a new picture every so often) and you pay £13 for the first year and £4 for every year after (it won't cost £4 to change the data) to ensure its current. No £4 no better availability and once the seats go on sale you can't pay £4. Membership schemes are not free but that aren't that expensive- in fact if you get the right work experience kid its "free". Data entry is not complicated (its boring as hell but not complicated). If someone has some sense they put an advert on the back of the laminate for their company and give club some money for doing so.

They manage to send out the data for new season tickets every season for nothing, funny how the club can't manage to create a database for something else.

Programme tokens are not brilliant as they aren't free to put in, as the space could be used for advertising revenue. The club will have to make sure they provide enough programmes for anyone that wants one, and if there is a token more people will want one and it will cost more to print the extra numbers.