where were they?

6200 tickets sold... 3600 less away fans turn up today... So at least half the people that bought a Liverpool ticket didn't turn up for a damp home league game.

Yes I am bitter! I am there week in week out and didn't get a 'pool ticket. Max 2 per person in future please!!!!!

Rant over.

ahem... great win today... COYB!

Edited by kowenicki

Yes I am bitter! I am there week in week out and didn't get a 'pool ticket. Max 2 per person in future please!!!!!

I've worked Saturdays every week for 3 years now so cant go to many matches a season, and therefore no longer renew my season ticket. i go to as many matches as possible in the season that i can afford (Tuesday night matches etc.)

I have a ticket to Liverpool, as it is a Friday match; am I less deserving of it than you?

Unfortunately it's a problem that has been around for years , my brother a loyal city fan and never misses a game couldn't get a ticket for the 1969 final.

You can't please EVERY single fan although with an average gate of 4000 then dishing out 6100 tickets shouldnt be a major problem.

The one area that Latics have slipped up on was when they saw the queue on open day sale they should have limited it to one per person.

Then again there would still have been somebody moaning they didn't get one.

If they are really that desperate than get one from Anfield !!!!!!!!

It's not about an individual case, it's the frustration that people in Oldham are not turning out to support the club. I can only get to away games due to location but damn sure I'd have a season ticket if I lived anywhere near BP

I know I have no devine right to a ticket but today's attendance just confirms that many hundreds going to Anfield have no real affinity to the club.....of-course, I hope they come back and start supporting the club regularly but the evidence is not good.

I am gutted not to be going to Anfield but will be at Brentfford, Stevenage, Wycombe etc etc unlike the majority who are going to the big one next Friday

This is part of the problem. BP and the surrounds don't appeal to a lot of our fans who want a bit of a day out with mates, sing a few songs and cheer a few goals, and have a few drinks. Away matches offer that and a bit of atmosphere. I know many who jump at the chance to follow Oldham away, but have got fed up of BP, the atmosphere and the pubs nearby.

If I hadn't got a ticketguess where I would be .....in the Liverpool end !! No more excuses please any one who really really wants to go can still get there.

Edited by pk200

I would and the reason for this my son who is 6 as been to 14 grounds and would rather go away matches than boundary park so instead off going today I'll save my £30 and go chesterfield Liverpool and Stevenage!!

Thats great BUT when the club goes tits up because not enough people attend our home matches, who will you take your lad to watch then?

£25 then £12 for the coach plus a bit of spends some people will spend £50 on the Liverpool game, of course some couldn't afford to go yesterday. Only 2 weeks ago people were spending money on presents and no doubt fearful of seeing their bank balance come January, and Wembley could well happen yet. There is no doubt some non-Oldham fans have got tickets, but to assume that more than half are glory hunters is naive. Also Chesterfieldhas is a chance to see a new stadium, as already been mentioned there was plenty of chance before the tickets went on open sale. Vouchers were there for regular attenders who weren't season ticket holders, even if you didn't go to those games they sold the programmes in the club shop for days after, and even when no longer on display I'm sure club staff would have got them from the loft or something. They also advertised the vouchers on the site, so very few people have an excuse but they will struggle to get any tickets for any big game.

It's costing me close to £200 all in for the Liverpool game. It's all about the experience for me - I've always wanted to see us at Anfield and now is my chance. I've been to Boundary Park hundreds of times.

Thats great BUT when the club goes tits up because not enough people attend our home matches, who will you take your lad to watch then?

I can't believe folk are blaming people for picking and chosing games they want to take their kids too?

To even suggest that they could be at fault for the clubs demise is just insane.

I am a season ticket holder and going tomorrow and Liverpool and all the other Home and Away games but I hate going to Boundary park these days its really depressing.

I dont blame anyone for picking and chosing games even if the majority of the ones picked are away games, if I had to chose between the two I would sooner give up my ST and go to away games.

I am also fed up of reading the negatives on this board surrounding Liverpool tickets and the clubs way of selling them, just enjoy the fact we have this game coming up its not everyday you get to play liverpool so why just highlight the negatives?

And Kowenicki If your there week in week out and you didnt get a ticket are we supposed to feel sorry for you??

To me I just think well if your there everyweek get a season ticket?

Save yourself some money, if you cant afford it in one go you still save in the long run if you get one on the pay monthly thingys and guess what....Then you will have priority in buying cup tickets and wont feel the need to moan on here when folks dont turn up straight after christmas to shell out much needed cash.

Also between just me and and raz OAFC we have 13 liverpool tickets and guess what They are all going to oldham fans who have been to boundary park SHOCK HORROR!!

He even waited outside the ticket office for his from 6am and between us we have been all over the place supporting latics even as school kids so not everyone who bought tickets are glory hunters.

OWTB

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I always put a photo up on facebook from every game before kick off i did put one up saying where the fans where. A few blues explained why did not make it to be fair it was more a statement. However an EX Oldhamer now a glory hunting City fan who we all know then started giving it about are fans having Liverpool tickets asking where they where. He did not like the response of all jumping on the City bandwagon, told us he having the time off his life and how he only loved Oldham from Moore season onwards. When labelled a gloryhunter he took the easy option in deleting us.

To be fair i did not think there be a big crowd anyway yesterday being New Years eve, bad weather and after the Hartlepool result. Sad because the festive games use to bump up attendences.

I still rather not play Sheff United or Sheff Weds or Hudds as they tend to bring big crowds anyway. Home game with Chesterfield or Tranmere at CAT B would of been ideal.

At the end of the day when games like this come around people who don't go week in week out get a ticket and go. I feel for the regulars that missed out on a ticket and it really shouldn't happen, but how can it be avoided in every case? Hands up who thought over 6000 tickets would be snapped up? I didn't!.

ST holders will always rightly get first dabs (other than club officials and buddies), but where does a club like latics go after that? we don't have members, we never have tokens in the prog. An idea was mentioned to me the other day which I felt was a top drawer and one I'll be asking about. After ST holders how about a day prior to open sale to all Playershare monthly contributors? why not I say. Also who as never asked a mate who is going to the ticket office to get them one? cos that's what happened on the open sale day, folks there got handfuls for others.