Chairman's important announcement

Applaud the effort and welcome it, even though I live far away do can't milk it.

I've seen these sort of offers or similar ones - pay what you want - before and sometimes think chairman mistakingly thing the fans will suddenly return based on a belief that price REALLY IS the factor. There are only three things increase attendances significantly I think: not prices, but 1. A relegation battle, 2. A good cup tie, 3. Most importantly, a medium-long run of good results. Ppl will always say it's about price, but if they charged £1 for Saturday's game, how many do you think would turn up?

But there's no harm in trying. I was at the Walsall game and, Valentines Day factor aside, the lack of atmosphere was fairly painful and maybe a shock to the hierarchy - as well as the Chaddy Ultras, who were chanting (jokingly) about our support being sh...!

This offer should give extra motivation (not to say they aren't motivated normally) for the players to impress the fans and, moreover for them perhaps in terms of their future at the club, the chairman!

Living in Cleethorpes suggests you might have Scunny mates- £15 is currently cheaper than what they are paying to watch the same game (this is likely to change).

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great offer and SC can only be applauded for it, amazing commitment.

I do think, though, that this should not have waited so late in the day.

It should be in conjunction with the Chron and MEN, I doubt it iwll be the major splash tommorow as it will be old news.

MAybe I am wrong, and it is the right time to allow interview and piece together, but I wish these things appeared on the day they are announced.

And they don't even put it on freeview! They could do with a youtube account for vids like this.

Edit:I've watched though as I've got LP as well.

A video explaining a deal like this should be free to view- its marketing. It would also be good to have a YouTube account as well- can't show game highlights on You Tube though.

The effect this deal will have will increase if marketed properly- the Carlisle game deal last season came close to breaking even because it was marketed properly. This needs to get out there, no good limiting it to the Chron and the official website (plus here and other message boards) it needs more extensive promotion than that.

Case in point- no twitter announcement from anyone connected to the club aside from the headline March Madness- no details.

Says must be bought in advance, is this going to mean you can't simply get them on the gate or they won't be available on match day at all? Just want to know if can rock up on the night of the Colchester game and get the tickets from the TO.

Not a bad bid to try to get us out of the catch 22 we are in.

Poor display = Fewer fans = Poorer atmosphere = More chance of poor display.

Hopefully if we can get a few more there the opposite will happen. Also may entice people back who used to go etc.

Better atmosphere also should lift the boys for the end of season relegation fend-off.

Home from work now had a think about this for a while as someone who works in marketing the offer is very easy and simple not over complicated.

In seasons gone by we have done the £2 games anyway without coming back so at least this means in theory people will come i would imagine 3 times to get the value of this if not 4 or 5, no one can say that having an empty staduim is good

I think the overall look of this is good, i have harped onto the club a few times about really picking the brains of people who used to but no longer go and this is just as good as people will come at least a few times

ffs lets not forget the club dont have to do this

Most importantly i will buy my 1st st next season instead paying on the game not because of beating cues but beacuse i am fortunate enough to be able to afford to and it goes to the most important thing the club, i hope the press and all get mind of this and im sure thats why the build up for it was done, its clever marketing

dramatic??

I think some one is taking the michael.

Price reduction for absolutely meaningless matches,poor team,even worse facilities.

even with this 'dramtic' announcement i think we'll struggle to get 5k at home games.

And thats being generous.

all today has done is make the PR team look even more stupid than imagineable.

Increased revenue through hits on the website, nationwide publicity, the chance to give the fans a great offer, st offer to follow, and a great hype around the football club. Please, tell me how this brands any of my team stupid? The chairman accepts that revenue is dropping and still wants to bring fans in to raise morale regardless of cost... Pretty dramatic step if you ask me. Get on board! KTF

ST holders, you paid for ST's because you have an affinity towards the club, you committed yourself to the club because YOU WANTED TO. As long as you have the desire, you'll do it again and again season after season, so don't pretend like this offer trying to attract fans back (which is fruitless in the long term) is going to prevent you purchasing a season ticket next season, the club know this. If you choose not to get a season ticket it'll be for the same reason as the rest of us, shít football, can't be arsed, more important things in your life, geographical location, £300 is too expensive to commit to go each week. Not this, this won't affect you buying a season ticket at all, so jump off the high horses those that are complaining. Don't expect the club to drop the price for you next season either, the next time you'll see a price decrease is when we're playing in the Blue Square Premier. This act of desperation to bring fans back should be indication enough that we are in no position at all to reduce season ticket prices.

I'll be getting one of these golden tickets by the way. Even if I only go to a couple of the games it's pretty good value, even with nothing to play for.

Edited by PlayItLivo

At the end of the day it's a cracking offer for non ST holders, with something to follow for those who committed for the season.

We all want what's best for the CLUB.....some of the negativity is hard to comprehend....Don't knock someone for trying to increase attendances.......What should we all do..throw in the towel ?

What the club should be doing is targeting the younger audience -

Target all the schools in the area with kids free offer with every paying adult (reduce the Adult price if need be )

When they arrive give them another offer on entry to try and entice them back for the next home game.

Today's kids are tomorrows S/T holders and we have to get more of them in.

Until the team start performing on the pitch then we have to entice the fans in with financial offers .

I know similar has been tried before but how many schools did they distribute tickets too , i understand it was only a few.

As far as i am aware there are appx 100 schools in the Oldham area , give out say 50 tickets to half the schools for one game and 50 to the other half for the game after.

One child free for every full paying adult or try selling family tickets with say 2 adults + 2 or 3 kids for £20.

If they come to the game give them another voucher for the same for the next home game or one in the near future.

I am a S/T holder and have no problem with seeing the ground full with half priced people , whatever offers they come up with it is only pemporary with the hope of getting the crowds up long term , which is what we all want ultimately.

Bit baffled by this talk of compensation as I am sure season ticket holders still get the best deal all round if you do the maths.

The dearest season ticket (not including executive season ticket or any season ticket in chronicle suite or sponsors suite) at BP was £329, which equates to £14.30 per game, in addition to

- A reserved seat every game

- First dibs on away matches and cup tickets

- Friend for a fiver voucher

- Vouchers to use in club shop

The golden ticket games consists of 2 Cat B games and 3 Cat C games. So working on the most expensive ticket (again not including the tickets in chronicle suite/sponsors suite and executive box), the maths is (23 x 8) + (18 * 6) + (15 x 4) + 15.

So for a fan who doesn't have a season ticket, but intends to attend every home game, the total price for all the games including this offer is £367. If this offer would not have been announced then the price for paying on the door for 23 games would be between £410 (assuming you sat in the paddock every game) to £433 (assuming you sat in chaddy, rre or main stand upper every game) over the course of the season.

So taking into account the golden ticket offer, and the perks that come with a season ticket, the cheapest option for fans who wish to attend every game is still a season ticket bought up front, and I would guess this may also apply to season tickets bought on finance, although if anyone who bought a £329 season ticket on finance can say how much it cost them including interest, would be appreciated.

:headbang:

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Bit baffled by this talk of compensation as I am sure season ticket holders still get the best deal all round if you do the maths.

The dearest season ticket at BP was £329, which equates to £14.30 per game, in addition to

The golden ticket games consists of 2 Cat B games and 3 Cat C games. So working on the most expensive ticket, the maths is (23 x 8) + (18 * 6) + (15 x 4) + 15.

So for a fan who doesn't have a season ticket, but intends to attend every home game, the total price for all the games including this offer is £367. If this offer would not have been announced then the price for paying on the door for 23 games would be between £410 (assuming you sat in the paddock every game) to £433 (assuming you sat in chaddy, rre or main stand upper every game) over the course of the season.

So taking into account the golden ticket offer, and the perks that come with a season ticket, the cheapest option for fans who wish to attend every game is still a season ticket bought up front, and I would guess this may also apply to season tickets bought on finance, although if anyone who bought a £329 season ticket on finance can say how much it cost them including interest, would be appreciated.

The executive tickets are double that mate. Plus the others who regularly pay for the private boxes (portacabins). They might only be a small minority - bit like the small amount of people on here who regularly post, they don't represent the majority.

The dearest season ticket (not including executive season ticket or any season ticket in chronicle suite or sponsors suite) at BP was £329, which equates to £14.30 per game, in addition to

The golden ticket games consists of 2 Cat B games and 3 Cat C games. So working on the most expensive ticket (again not including the tickets in chronicle suite/sponsors suite and executive box), the maths is (23 x 8) + (18 * 6) + (15 x 4) + 15.

I get your point, and the £329 is the price I worked it out at before because that's what mine cost - but that's the pre-discount price. If you buy it after the discount period I think they are about £400.

There's no reference to away fans in the "dramatic" announcement.

Corney mentioned doing something for away fans in the video.

Says must be bought in advance, is this going to mean you can't simply get them on the gate or they won't be available on match day at all? Just want to know if can rock up on the night of the Colchester game and get the tickets from the TO.

I should think you can get them on any of the match-days as well as in advance (ie Friday), they're just trying to cut down the queues at the ticket office.