Players In Car Accident On Sheepfoot Lane

"Filipe Morais has been ruled out of Latics' npower League One derby at Rochdale this afternoon after being hurt in a road accident. The forward was taken to the Royal Oldham Hospital suffering from concussion after the three-vehicle accident which happened this morning on Sheepfoot Lane close to Boundary Park"

Taken from Oldhams facebook page.

@RobbieSimmo: Unfortunately someone crashed into Filipe tweeps! Me & @de4no22 were just looking after him until he got taken to hospital, he is ...

@RobbieSimmo: ...Concussed but he will be ok! Lets make sure we win 2day to cheer him up! #3pts #oafc #doitforFilipe

Must have been a Rochdale fan worried about him tearing them apart, seriously, though, we did miss him. But he shouldn't be rushed back concussions can be worse than they sound, one knock to head at force, ie clash of heads, before it is healed and it could cause serious damage. It his is brain after all, not worth risking.

How can you crash on sheepfoot lane??

You couldn't make it up

My thoughts exactly - I was visiting my mum who is in hospital at the moment and as I was leaving around 1pm I saw the aftermath of the crash (three vehicles and ambulance and police in attendance). My immediate thoughts were how can you crash on Sheepfoot Lane - speedbumps everywhere and it is just not a fast road. From the reports, it seems like someone drove into Morais.

As I got back to my car parked by the ground, Simpson and Furman were walking up towards the crash mobile phone in hand.

Get well soon Filipe. :)

My thoughts exactly - I was visiting my mum who is in hospital at the moment and as I was leaving around 1pm I saw the aftermath of the crash (three vehicles and ambulance and police in attendance). My immediate thoughts were how can you crash on Sheepfoot Lane - speedbumps everywhere and it is just not a fast road. From the reports, it seems like someone drove into Morais.

As I got back to my car parked by the ground, Simpson and Furman were walking up towards the crash mobile phone in hand.

Get well soon Filipe. :)

Spoke to Paul Butler at the gym today, he says serious concussion; defo out of Tuesday; will no more later on in week! :blink:

Spoke to Paul Butler at the gym today, he says serious concussion; defo out of Tuesday; will no more later on in week! :blink:

Concussion is usually a minimum of 7-14 days, but if he's suffered bad bruising it may be longer. Shame, because he's been superb over the last couple of months and he's finally delivering an end product week in week out. Get well soon Flip Flap!

Edited by oafcprozac

Concussion is usually a minimum of 7-14 days, but if he's suffered bad bruising it may be longer. Shame, because he's been superb over the last couple of months and he's finally delivering an end product week in week out. Get well soon Flip Flap!

If it was rugby it would be 21 days, in Italy it's 14 days but those are mandatory. Here there is no mandatory period out iirc Terry played mid week having been knocked out in the carling cup final. He won't be playing at Hartlepool but he might be Ok for Bournemouth if there is any doubt I wouldn't risk him though.