Best Volley

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which volley was the best goal?

• KUQI: Rochdale v Oldham
    • CROUCH: Stoke v Man City

Can't decide myself!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uXCW_S7a8NM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xpnz8n_peter-crouch-amazing-goal-vs-man-city_sport"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpnz8n_peter-crouch-amazing-goal-vs-man-city_sport" target="_blank">Peter Crouch Amazing goal vs Man City</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Officiel_GoalsMotion" target="_blank">Officiel_GoalsMotion</a></i>

You mean he didn't have the quality to hit it first time?

That's the crucial point for me. He even said that he prctices it in training every day, it was the act of a pre-programmed dancing robot whereas Kuqi's was the animal act of a footballing animal. Kuqi every time.

Not even seen the clip and im bias but got to be Rvp v everton at emirates I game I was at and went mental not only this but marked our 125 year anniversary that day great moment to mark the occasion after all the legends were at game that day

haha yeah, the answer to the question which is the better volley Kuqi's or Crouch's?

the answer must be RVP :blink:

They are both once in a year volleys. Kuqi earns in a year what Crouch makes in a week. To start comparing the two Crouch needs to score one every week. It still wouldn't be enough- Kuqi's was superior and to hint that he didn't mean it (I'm looking at you McCarthy) is a travesty.

Crouch every time. And if we're all in the game of guessing what's going through the footballers noggin before they struck their respective balls, Crouch had the foresight to believe that he wasn't comfortable hitting it first time from a poor headed pass. He took the touch with a defender closing in and tatered it into the goal with the teed-up volley past a the keeper, at a tighter angle, on the Premiership stage.

Technically Crouch's is better. It's a self tee-up, an intensional one too; not just after a poor touch. And the hit is sooo clean and true.

Great strike as it was; Kuqi's was a bit of a lump it & hope

You are joking? Kuqi looked up, saw the keeper off his line and struck a superb shot with power and precision. No way a lump and hope.

Edited by TheBigDog

Tomaaatoe, tomatoe

I say it was a speculative hit & hope, you say a considered effort. Agree to disagree....it was ultimately in vein anyway

Take off the blue specs and IMO it's clear Crouch's effort is by far the better one

Agree that Crouch scored the better goal (see my earlier post) but Kuqi's effort was still a great moment in the game - and I have never seen so may people around me with beaming smiles and looks of sheer joy after the shot - ultimately the goal was in vain but it does not diminish the finish in any way. When you follow Latics these are the moments that you remember - Kuqi, Simpson, Simpson - three great strikes already. :blush:

Kuqi just seemed to lump it in the air and it dropped in.

Crouch looked like he placed it.

But then again they both had a shot so both knew what they were doing.

Kuqi was harder to hit as he didn't have time to control it.

Crouch's looked better because he controlled it neatly with the inside of his foot.

Heart says Kuqi though.