Released by other clubs

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastwood would be great, and if we could get him to recapture his form for Southend first time round he's be good. Trust Dickov to get the right players in though, but id imagine Eastwood would have something to prove, and that's who he wants

Hunt is the only remotely interesting name there, and then only if Lee goes.

Obviously daryl Russell has just been promoted with charlton so he would be a top signing but well out of reach. But I agree there is alot of unknown players there.

Preston interesting ....wow 21.... but never heard of them...

RELEASED PLAYERS (14)

Andreas Arestidou, Aaron Brown, Michael McLellan, Daniel Devine, Scott Leather, David Gray, Alex Billington, Iain Turner, Ian Ashbee, Jamie Douglas, Seanan Clucas, George Miller, Dominic Comrie and Nicky Hunt.

TRANSFER-LISTED PLAYERS (7)

Bailey Wright, Barry Nicholson, Brian McLean, Juvhel Tsoumou, Keammar Daley, Conor McLaughlin and Darel Russell.

RETURN TO PARENT CLUBS (3)

Rhys Murphy, Chuks Aneke and Max Ehmer.

EXPRESSED A DESIRE TO LEAVE (2)

Jamie Proctor and Danny Mayor.

Aaron Brown 6' 5" centre back, didn't he have an outstanding game for Yeovil at BP about 2009 ?

Trust me, Nicky Hunt is fecking awful. Don't know why you would want to sign him. Mind we've also released our first choice RB in David Gray, who is Championship quality IMO, and wasn't given enough of a chance under GW. Conor McLaughlin is also a better RB than Hunt, but he's been transfer listed meaning he'll require a fee. I'd have also liked us to keep Darel Russell and Bailey Wright (been our most consistent performer of recent) but GW knows best...

Trust me, Nicky Hunt is fecking awful. Don't know why you would want to sign him. Mind we've also released our first choice RB in David Gray, who is Championship quality IMO, and wasn't given enough of a chance under GW. Conor McLaughlin is also a better RB than Hunt, but he's been transfer listed meaning he'll require a fee. I'd have also liked us to keep Darel Russell and Bailey Wright (been our most consistent performer of recent) but GW knows best...

I guess his name comes into the equation because he has played a lot of Games in the prem. could ashbee Still do a job or is he always crocked?

"GW knows best"....

Really?

Sly's prediction. He'll be gone by end of November.

----------

As for the various released lists of players, it just gies to show that it's not just us with the "short-termism & revolving door policy (copyright prozac) is it? As i said, we're no different to any other league 1 or 2 side. Lots out, and lots will be coming in.

Cliff Byrne may be worth a punt, big and strong odd goal in him?

He'd do for me. We have missed an experienced 'no nonsense' centre half at times this season when Zander's been injured. Tarky, Big Jean and Brown are all good defenders but need an older head with them I reckon.

Remember him getting sent off once for emptying Chris Taylor having just come on as a sub.

Another player of Irish descent (who also lives locally I think?) is Martin Devaney. He has just been released by Tranmere.

"GW knows best"....

Really?

Sly's prediction. He'll be gone by end of November.

----------

I don't think you got the sarcasm in the post, hence the ellipsis at the end of the sentence.

I guess his name comes into the equation because he has played a lot of Games in the prem. could ashbee Still do a job or is he always crocked?

Crocked, I'd say. He flatters to deceive, and I think he's past his sell by date. We brought him in for experience, and to lead the team, neither he could do well in. He's very clumsy and slow, although I think if we played him alongside Coutts, a young attacking midfielder, it could have been more effective, than playing him alongside two other golden oldies in Alexander and Nicholson.