Released by other clubs

Marcus Bean released from Brentford, real box to box player did well at Blackpool and decent at Brentford by all accounts. Within our brass button budget I would have thought…..

Interesting report on him on the BBC Marcus Bean including this,

There are so many players out of contract," he said.

"I don't want to turn something down or leave someone waiting too long, because you know there's going to be a player out there ready to snap it up."

Reinforces some of the things said on here about the reality of the world for the released footballer. Not convinced all are as grounded as Marcus appears to be.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Heard from a Brentford-supporting acquaintance that Bean is hard-working and consistent but not good enough to be in a promotion-winning team. Sounds like the type to keep you in the division but not help you out of it.

Hmm. Heard from a Brentford-supporting acquaintance that Bean is hard-working and consistent but not good enough to be in a promotion-winning team. Sounds like the type to keep you in the division but not help you out of it.

Sounds a b it like the newco OAFC running through brick walls type player maybe.

He played a few games in Blackpool's promotion season, and was ever present in getting Brentford into this league an eye for goal and competition for Wesolowski who despite his ability will miss plenty of games.

Bean also played a big part in QPR's promotion season in 03/04 and their Play Off season the year before. Just what we need imo

Edited by oafcprozac

Andy williams been released by yeovil he won't be way out of our league and wycombe fans are saying there losing beavon. I don't know if he is in contract but worth a go at signing them two

Eastwood would be great, and if we could get him to recapture his form for Southend first time round he's be good. Trust Dickov to get the right players in though, but id imagine Eastwood would have something to prove, and that's who he wants

Thats the Eastwood who is a "traveller" but who got homesick when he moved to Coventry...!

Andy williams been released by yeovil he won't be way out of our league and wycombe fans are saying there losing beavon. I don't know if he is in contract but worth a go at signing them two

Just too good to be true i reckon.