I was musing over the idea that he had Latics fans doubting him only four years ago and tonight he's a Champions League winner. Hate it all you like.

Don't take it personally, I may have misjudged your reaction, (I think I may have done) it's just I see it quite a lot on here, where a player will be with us, and not necessarily set the world alight for us at first, or at all, and as soon as he does well elsewhere, people crawl out of the woodwork just to point out that others were wrong.

As I say, I maybe misjudged your statement, it's just getting too regular on this place.

Have you got any evidence that the people wishing Ryan Bertrand their best wishes are the same who thought he was :censored:e, or are you just being controversial as per usual?

Hang on, I've recorded every single conversation I have listened to or been party of, plus I have the full unabridged transcript of the interwebs since 2007. I know it's around here somewhere, I'm :censored: at filing...

Don't take it personally, I may have misjudged your reaction, (I think I may have done) it's just I see it quite a lot on here, where a player will be with us, and not necessarily set the world alight for us at first, or at all, and as soon as he does well elsewhere, people crawl out of the woodwork just to point out that others were wrong.

As I say, I maybe misjudged your statement, it's just getting too regular on this place.

I vote that the first person that says it about Seb Hines gets banned for life.

I hate this self-entitled, hindsight attitude of some of our support. I rated him, in fact I thought he was excellent for us, but he did start off slow, and fans would've been fully justified in saying they didn't rate him at that point. When he came to us, he was a completely inexperienced player, with no first team football whatsoever. I doubt once he got going there was fans saying they didn't rate him.

Theirs a difference between not rating someone and actively giving them abuse from the stands. I didn't rate Kieran Lee to begin with then he came on leaps and bounds and has earned the right to step up to the championship, I never booed him once.

The people who gave dogs abuse to Neal Eardley on the other hand deserve their stupidity highlighting. If they don't like that then they should think twice about being distructively critical to our own players.

Well done Ryan. fantastic to see how far he's progressed. Great story, for someone to make their European debut in the final and then win it.

Unfortunately i didn't get to see him pick up his medal because i didn't want to watch that bellend Terry pick up the trophy, like it hadn't been won in spite of (rather than because of) him. I'm off to my mum's to serve the Sunday roast in full chef's outfit after she's spent 3 hours cooking it.

I hate this self-entitled, hindsight attitude of some of our support. I rated him, in fact I thought he was excellent for us, but he did start off slow, and fans would've been fully justified in saying they didn't rate him at that point. When he came to us, he was a completely inexperienced player, with no first team football whatsoever. I doubt once he got going there was fans saying they didn't rate him.

True but I also hate the way some of our fans are so quick to write players off. There are been plenty of players over the years that have gone on to bigger and better things who have been labelled as :censored: by a lot our fans.

Whilst the sentiment behind people saying Eardley and Tierney weren't good enough, did anyone actually not rate Bertrand?! Granted many may not have thought that he would win a European Cup but did anyone not think he was good?

Whilst the sentiment behind people saying Eardley and Tierney weren't good enough, did anyone actually not rate Bertrand?! Granted many may not have thought that he would win a European Cup but did anyone not think he was good?

He was actualy fairly :censored: when he started, and was pretty damn good when he left. So a bit of both. I didn't see a lot of him in the game (mostly because I was slaughtered and dribbling over Scananavian gash) other than running into a defender once, but the boy has done well.

He was actualy fairly :censored: when he started, and was pretty damn good when he left. So a bit of both. I didn't see a lot of him in the game (mostly because I was slaughtered and dribbling over Scananavian gash) other than running into a defender once, but the boy has done well.

So in effect OAFC made him the player he is today, I hope he's thanked the club, the ungrateful bugger.

Well done Ryan Bertrand and Chelsea. To say well deserved would be pushing it. Great result for English football.

How exactly?

I couldn't care less what country provides the winner. That doesn't mean I'm an embittered Englishman; it just means that at the top level football is just another branch of the entertainment industry

and I'm more interested in seeing a decent match than worrying about where the particpants' franchises are based. If I want to then i can easily watch as much Spanish, Italian, German or French football as I can English and I can choose to please myself.

I'd happily argue that the reverse is true given that the "success" of the PL has had such a damaging effect on other clubs and arguably on the England team.

So in effect OAFC made him the player he is today, I hope he's thanked the club, the ungrateful bugger.

Apologies if that was sarcasm (hard to tell), but he's played 145 games for clubs other than Chelsea, only 21 of which were for us. Think fans of Norwich and Forest might argue they contributed more to his development

• 1 month later...

So after picking up a Champions League medal it looks like Ryan will be the first former Latic to represent Great Britain at the Olympics.*

Once again, well done to him!

*I'm sure if I'm mistaken somebody will be happy to put me right!

So after picking up a Champions League medal it looks like Ryan will be the first former Latic to represent Great Britain at the Olympics.*

Once again, well done to him!

*I'm sure if I'm mistaken somebody will be happy to put me right!

I heard Andy Gorton had applied for a role in the opening ceremony