portuguese training camp

money is coming out of the playing budget to pay for this , surely we could spend it elsewhere with more effect.

Hope the club arrange a couple of games, would be great if the club could arrange summat for the fans to tag along. Missed out on Ibiza in 2005 as it coincided with us going to Tunisia, but as I go on my jollies at half-term, next week and the week after for some us :ass3: I would definitely be up for a week in Portugal come July. It does smack as a bit of a jolly up though….

Does anyone know the dates they'll be over there?

My wife's family have a place in the Algarve, and we'll be over there in July. I could do some snooping whilst I'm on my jollies - you know, reporting if I see them in Pingo Dolce (they don't have TESCO so that'll have to do) and the like?

Seriously, I usually see a fair few Footballers on my summer hols over there; plenty are on holiday with their families when we're away also. Actually had a drink with Michael Brown last summer (top bloke by the way - he resisted my plee to join us and went & signed for Leeds!) and the summer before sat on the table next to Zab Whitbread & his missus at a restaurant (also a nice chap).

Few years ago Darren Fletcher stayed up the road from us when United went for training camp over there- used to see him on early (ish) morning runs - I resisted the chance to give him some stick!

From what I gather, the training camps are top draw - United, Chelsea & Spurs have all been at them while I've been over....and if it's good enough for Premier League sides; it should be good enough for us. I think it's a decent shout from PD.

My wife's family have a place in the Algarve, and we'll be over there in July. I could do some snooping whilst I'm on my jollies - you know, reporting if I see them in Pingo Dolce (they don't have TESCO so that'll have to do) and the like?

Seriously, I usually see a fair few Footballers on my summer hols over there; plenty are on holiday with their families when we're away also. Actually had a drink with Michael Brown last summer (top bloke by the way - he resisted my plee to join us and went & signed for Leeds!) and the summer before sat on the table next to Zab Whitbread & his missus at a restaurant (also a nice chap).

Few years ago Darren Fletcher stayed up the road from us when United went for training camp over there- used to see him on early (ish) morning runs - I resisted the chance to give him some stick trip him over!

From what I gather, the training camps are top draw - United, Chelsea & Spurs have all been at them while I've been over....and if it's good enough for Premier League sides; it should be good enough for us. I think it's a decent shout from PD.

They go out on 14th July for a week.

If he thinks it will benefit the team then go for it a behind the door friendly with Celtic sounds good. Be nice if fans good of gone along but then with some of the stick and abusive comments towards the end of the season last thing the team needs fans on there back before the season has kicked off.

Youth team pre season tour looks good.

13th till 19th July

They go out on 14th July for a week.

Happy days. Mission accepted then, I'm out there over that week.

I'll report back on the 23rd July with my findings - I know it's going above & beyond, but I'll trawl every bar I stumble across to see if the squad are having a sneaky booze - tough job but I accept it!

Few years ago Darren Fletcher stayed up the road from us when United went for training camp over there- used to see him on early (ish) morning runs - I resisted the chance to give him some stick!

Vilamoura by any chance Sly?

I have been a few times and seen a fair few footy players!

I actually had a pint (while watching Ipswich beat Barnsley in the Championship play off final) with the infamous Nigel Jemson several years ago whilst telling him that his cup final winner against us ruined my life!

He was actually telling me that his agent was in touch with us at the time to sign him up........ I would guess it was about 1999?

I have been a few times and seen a fair few footy players!

I actually had a pint (while watching Ipswich beat Barnsley in the Championship play off final) with the infamous Nigel Jemson several years ago whilst telling him that his cup final winner against us ruined my life!

He was actually telling me that his agent was in touch with us at the time to sign him up........ I would guess it was about 1999?

There's a scene in Hancock(Will Smith) That I would like to see re-enacted with Nigel Jemson(Spit) and Mark Hughes(Spit) not bothered which way round!

It's not that expensive to go to Portugal, accommodation prices are certainly cheaper than the uk and they will get plenty of euro for there money, not to mention they will probably get a group discount.

Rent a few villas- probably better value than 15 or so hotel rooms.

Personally in our Summer I don't see the point in going to the Algarve to train- it can be too hot to train at times out there.

But then again I don't understand why training doesnt take place so the bulk of it is done between 3pm and 5pm.

Not quite, Falfiera - inbetween Funchal Ridge & Lagos

Lagos has a better ground thab we do and they're Portugese lower league, and the Algarve stadium near Faro is quality; and no-one even plays there; but for the Euros and is unused now. If only we could pick it up and drop in on a cleared BP site.

The training base United & Spurs use is just down from where we are; next village basically - if PD's gone for that one; chances are i'll bump into them whilst im there....