Taylor signs for Millwall

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he did fulfill his potential. Brilliant player for us. He'll be badly missed. Anyone cussing him for not getting us a transfer fee is an eejit, by the way. The lad's got to look after himself a little bit. Not sure how well the Den faithful will take to him though, although his tendency to get injured from the most minor contact with opponents will no doubt go down well.

Im suprised he's chosen millwall, but he probably feels he'll get the most game time there!

I think the change will do him good, and he'll go on to do well in the championship!

I dont get all the negativity towards him! He's one of our own and has turned down the opportunity to go before!

Good luck Chris!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Good luck, Chris, and thanks for the years of service. I hope you find your top form again, but I think you could have done better than a one year deal at Millwall. Still, playing in a terrific stadium backed by passionate (but, sadly, surviving brain donor) fans should bring out the best in you.

I'm not that bothered he's going to be honest, certainly didnt produce last season, I am lot more fussed about lee going

the Taylor of old who chipped in with a goal or two and went past players has been replaced by an industrious grafter who does a job for the team. Both effective in their own rights but the latter doesn't get the credit it deserves. Good luck to him, I think we can replace him.

Milwall have got themselves a player there. He's been the shining light in some poor teams over recent seasons even whilst carrying injuries.

As for them but liking his gamesmanship? They'll love it, the idea is to win the three points, if one of your players bends the rules a bit then you're mad to argue when they get away with it.

I'm not that bothered he's going to be honest, certainly didnt produce last season, I am lot more fussed about lee going

Irrespective of Lee getting Player of the Season and being consistent he's a Right Back and I'd have thought not too difficult to replace whereas we've now got to try and find a suitable replacement at Left Wing who's going to put the balls in for Kuqi or whoever to get the goals.

we knew this moment was coming for 3 months but it's still a sad day to lose one of our own. Irrespective of his gamesmanship and dwindling form, he always gave 100% for the cause and all the moaners in my stand in particular will see how we miss him when everyone hides away from the ball in difficult situations this season.

Good luck Chris, amazing how the haters can get at their own and vividly watch his confidence wearing away, like we did with Eardley. Your service at times when players ever so rarely stick out more than a season with clubs has been a credit to you and your Oldham roots. 275+ games of 100% effort. Thanks CHRIS :)

Good luck Chris, thanks for the memories!

Millwall is a very odd choice though.

I'm guessing the other clubs who were interested had second thoughts or didn't want to offer himthe kind of deal he was expecting. No disrespect to Millwall but there were strong rumours of Huddersfield being linked who were crying out for a left winger but haven't signed him.

Edit - forgot to say good luck to the lad. Served us well regardless of what people think of his impact last season and I'll always respect and welcome him as a fellow OAFC fan

Edited by Midsblue

Or, looking at it another way. Taylor has opted for the move that appeared to the most likely; signing for a manager who has tracked him for a while, and signed for a side where he will, IMO, start games and do very well.

Good luck Chris. You deserve this chance at a higher level, and IMO, you'll thrive.

When he first broke in the team , I thought he was the best attacking player the club had ever devoleped rather than bought in my years as a fan.

Could only see the Premier League for him , as he terrorised full backs.

Millwall a step up from us , but not where I thought he would be by now.

Thank you Chris, and good luck. He deserves a shot at a higher level and I'm sure if it doesn't go right then he'll be welcomed back with open arms.

Never thought I'd say/write these words, but hoping for Millwall in the Cup next season!