Leon Clarke

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chron linking him with us - if he is signed, I know he has attitude problems - but I think he would be a great assest, you cant complain with his goal scoring record

I think many of us have worked with people with attitude problems, we don't have to like them to be part of a successful team.

Edited by BP1960

IMHO I don't think he's the guy for us, what I saw of him last time and what my cousin says about him who is a long term season ticket holder at Sheff Wed, for whom he played most games for, we'll wait and see, let's just see how many of you guys who are getting all giddy about him now change your tune once he's played some games for us.

Its my opinion and I stick by it. Not for me .

IMHO I don't think he's the guy for us, what I saw of him last time and what my cousin says about him who is a long term season ticket holder at Sheff Wed, for whom he played most games for, we'll wait and see, let's just see how many of you guys who are getting all giddy about him now change your tune once he's played some games for us.

Its my opinion and I stick by it. Not for me .

his record in league 1 seems good

his record in the championship is poor

league 1 may be his level - the next may be a step to far.......if thats the case we can get rid before the start of the following championship season

Not clueless. Didn't say that. More a case of he's a bit of a tosser, which is why he stays around for all of five minutes. Three goals in five but still got on everyones wick. Short memory? Again lots of clubs. Why? Because he's got an attitude. We don't need need a lazy :censored: with attitude, three whole goals or not. De canio got rid for this reason. So did everyone else.

Not clueless. Didn't say that. More a case of he's a bit of a tosser, which is why he stays around for all of five minutes. Three goals in five but still got on everyones wick. Short memory? Again lots of clubs. Why? Because he's got an attitude. We don't need need a lazy :censored: with attitude, three whole goals or not. De canio got rid for this reason. So did everyone else.

we talkin about Morais or KMB now?

Would be a decent signing for the likes of us I reckon in that there would still be an element of risk involved that could have a good reward. He has obviously had a few issues at one or two other clubs but if things had have worked out for hom throughout his career then he wouldn't even be linked. Reading a Charlton forum, they were glad to be able to get rid back in March and don't really want him back. I daresay that his style of play wouldn't make him a favourite with many and will divide opinion at our place for sure.

However, if he can click in our relatively calmer waters and focus on kick starting his career (not unlike Croft) then maybe he'll be a 15-20 goal man which could define our season.

In summary, Del Bosque wouldn't be interested but he might be very good for us.

you only have to play 10 minutes in an oldham shirt to get on ours fans ""wicks"

i liked him when he was here but i dont bow down to players just because they run around alot like a lot of latics fans

i dont think if a lad doesnt bust a gut on the pitch that they have an attitude problem

i like my strikers to score goals

after 5 games and 3 goals how was he getting on peoples wick?

I don't care if he stands still for eighty minutes so long as he scores goals in the remaining ten. And whilst I'd rather have a team of model professionals that just isn't reality and providing he isn't disruptive or out-and-out criminal any personal dislike I might have is irrelevant.

That said, his turnover of clubs does make me wonder if he can be disruptive. That's my only concern. Otherwise, welcome to BP, the goals are that way.

What is Clarke's contract situation? Is he a Charlton player still?

Are tell you now if he scores 15-20 goals in league one and is branded a prick by the other 23 clubs in this league I would be delighted

He is capable of that and as said shows we mean business, the better players we have the more better players again you will attract

What is Clarke's contract situation? Is he a Charlton player still?

Are tell you now if he scores 15-20 goals in league one and is branded a prick by the other 23 clubs in this league I would be delighted

He is capable of that and as said shows we mean business, the better players we have the more better players again you will attract

One year left on his contract at Charlton.

3 in 5 for us when he was unfit and overweight.

He came back to BP with sarfend shortly after his loan spell and we couldnt get near him

IIRC in the 5-2 chesterfield game he had two chances, put one just past (or hit?) the post and the other in the back of the net!

Would love it if we got him back! With crofty pingin crosses in and simmo slipping through-balls through to him i think he'd score for fun!