New Stand Planning Permission

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one tier, three storeys...

i know we cant expect anything fancy but that sounds like that halifax stand. it will do the much needed the job and i wont complain but does it look as good as it could?

Supermarket!!!! Sounds like the Normid stand at Bolton to me.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

3,000?

Lack of ambition!

I suspect you jest, but there's an argument there.. it'll end up a lower capacity overall than when the Lookers was there. 5,000 would've just upped the feelgood factor a bit more - it's a comedown from sprortspark 2000 and even Failsworth's ground.

That aside, good interview from Corney. I understand the importance of making money away from matchdays being the prority and if a 3,000 seater stand does it, it's a start. Can't argue with his comments about selling to the right bidders and if a 3,000 seater stand is going to provide some investment from other sources then it's a stepping stone.

3,000 is very sensible to my mind. The priority in this first stage of development is not an increase in capacity but an increase in 7 day a week revenue streams.

If that means a modest capacity increase (from our current 3 sided state) but a number of retail units, leisure facilities & even function areas then fine, it is exactly what we need.

Having 2,000 more empty seats won't bring us money. Rent from Subway, Fitness First & the like will.

i tier, 3 storeys!

Will be simialr to Leyton Orients main stand

http://www.footballg...nt/#South Stand

Only partway across and open ended, fans will be drenched when the rain sweeps in on the Broadway side.

If we get something like I will stick to the main stand.

leyton_orient21.jpg

Edited by BP1960

3,000 is very sensible to my mind. The priority in this first stage of development is not an increase in capacity but an increase in 7 day a week revenue streams.

If that means a modest capacity increase (from our current 3 sided state) but a number of retail units, leisure facilities & even function areas then fine, it is exactly what we need.

Having 2,000 more empty seats won't bring us money. Rent from Subway, Fitness First & the like will.

Doubt Fitness First will be there.

They've recently applied for CVA

A 3,000 seater seems a reasonable start to what is, in effect, the 1st phase of a ground development. I would expect the 3 storey view from Broadway will be quite impressive. Anything is better than what we have now. It would increase the capacity towards 14,000 with a further 1,000+ added by a new and redesigned Main Stand going the full length of the pitch. It would take a dramatic and unlikely upturn in our fortunes to exceed those numbers of fans. If that event did occur filling in the corners would add around 3,000 or even a second tier to the Rochdale Road End. To ever need this sort of capacity at Oldham is of course daydreaming to an Olympic Gold Medal standard. I am not however suggesting anyone stops dreaming, but while in a trance spend 5 minutes on fund raising. Let’s just fill that bloody hole in while someone is offering!

A 3,000 seater seems a reasonable start to what is, in effect, the 1st phase of a ground development. I would expect the 3 storey view from Broadway will be quite impressive. Anything is better than what we have now. It would increase the capacity towards 14,000 with a further 1,000+ added by a new and redesigned Main Stand going the full length of the pitch. It would take a dramatic and unlikely upturn in our fortunes to exceed those numbers of fans. If that event did occur filling in the corners would add around 3,000 or even a second tier to the Rochdale Road End. To ever need this sort of capacity at Oldham is of course daydreaming to an Olympic Gold Medal standard. I am not however suggesting anyone stops dreaming, but while in a trance spend 5 minutes on fund raising. Let’s just fill that bloody hole in while someone is offering!

A 3,000 capacity stand is fine if spectators comfort is taken into consideration, no one wants to be drenched - particularly sat down.

The Broadway side is notorious for attracting the worst weather elements.

Only partway across and open ended, fans will be drenched when the rain sweeps in on the Broadway side.

If we get something like I will stick to the main stand.

leyton_orient21.jpg

Thats the south stand with a capacity of 1400.

The new west stand opened in 2005/6 with a capacity of nearly 3000 looks more like what is talked about in the advertiser as its tall and houses offices and confrence facilities ect.