New Stand Planning Permission

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preseume you mean the Invincibles rather than Tom Finney stand (TF has 8,100 capacity) .

Although it has a capacity 50% higher than our needs at 4,500, I guess you mean proportinately

deepdale_invincibles_stand.jpg

If that holds 4 and a half, ours is going to look proper tin-pot

If that holds 4 and a half, ours is going to look proper tin-pot

I have sat in the Invincibles Pavilion on several occasions and the view is fantastic. I have been trying to find out the capacity. I am of the impression it holds 3400 and has 22 executive boxes, (although the top row are unfurnished) but depending on which website you go on the capacity varies from 3400 - 6000

Preseume you mean the Invincibles rather than Tom Finney stand (TF has 8,100 capacity) .

Although it has a capacity 50% higher than our needs at 4,500, I guess you mean proportinately

deepdale_invincibles_stand.jpg

Yeah i didnt mean an exact replica but id be happy with something similar!

Cheers for uploading pic too.

He will fight for his little cushy number, bet he loves the away grounds slurping all the free wine and food...

Yeah but if someone comes along who puts more into the club, then I can see him being "asked" to step down. Especially if you factor in the freebies.

Out of interest, how do we know his number is cushy?

Tickets for him and 3 of his friends/family. Free programme, free food, free drink. Could end up being £200 per game (home), it might be similar for away games too.

I'll be slightly conservative and say he gets £150 in freebies per home game, over a 25 game season that's £3500, that will increase if he has similar perks for away games too. He has been a director for some time. After a while it will get noticed that the input is not what it should be for the output.

Out of interest, how do we know his number is cushy?

Ive seen the official Oldham party in action at away grounds, all the free food, wine, free tickets. Im not going into it here but Id love to have that kind of role at the club...

Tickets for him and 3 of his friends/family. Free programme, free food, free drink. Could end up being £200 per game (home), it might be similar for away games too.

I'll be slightly conservative and say he gets £150 in freebies per home game, over a 25 game season that's £3500, that will increase if he has similar perks for away games too. He has been a director for some time. After a while it will get noticed that the input is not what it should be for the output.

I've no idea what his role at the club is or what he contributes, but if he spends a day a week working for OAFC for £3,500 of benefits, that only equates to an annual salary equivalent of £17.5k.

Whatever happens with this stand, it better have sufficient leg room!

How can we judge his input really? Do we know what SC wants him to do? As he runs quite a decent sized local business, don't you think the club might just benefit from his business expertise. Also as a Director of the club, I would expect him to get free tickets in the same way other employees do. He also won't be the first Director to benefit from his own clubs hospitality.

How can we judge his input really? Do we know what SC wants him to do? As he runs quite a decent sized local business, don't you think the club might just benefit from his business expertise. Also as a Director of the club, I would expect him to get free tickets in the same way other employees do. He also won't be the first Director to benefit from his own clubs hospitality.

If he got similar perks to other employees of the club, then you might have a point. As it is he gets 2 extra free tickets and free food and drink. The club might benefit from his input but then again his area of expertise has led us to being a stand short for at least 5 years (by the time it gets built). Not to mention the Lancaster club fiasco.

Quite simply, no-one knows what he does, but he takes quite a bit of benefit from the club; unlike almost any other "employee" at the club who don't get the perks he does.

So, we get a shiny brand new stand with 3,000 seats in it.

Who should have first dibs?

1. All existing season ticket holders?

2. All lapsed Lookers season ticket holders?

3. All Main Stand season ticket holders (assuming their current home is going to close soon)?

4. Other?

3. All Main Stand season ticket holders (assuming their current home is going to close soon)?

4. Other?

Lapsed Lookers ST holders, if they can still be identified. But given the number of ST holders we have in total, I presume anyone or everyone could move.

I'm staying in the (old) main stand paddock until it's knocked down!

If he got similar perks to other employees of the club, then you might have a point. As it is he gets 2 extra free tickets and free food and drink. The club might benefit from his input but then again his area of expertise has led us to being a stand short for at least 5 years (by the time it gets built). Not to mention the Lancaster club fiasco.

Quite simply, no-one knows what he does, but he takes quite a bit of benefit from the club; unlike almost any other "employee" at the club who don't get the perks he does.

Corney does and I'm confident that he wouldn't want a director who didn't pull his weight. Frankly I'm not bothered how many sausage rolls he eats or how many gin and tonics he has if his expertise benefits the club. You have come to the view that it doesn't.

On this occasion I'm deferring to the accurate, inside, knowledge of the man who is actually bankrolling the club.

Corney does and I'm confident that he wouldn't want a director who didn't pull his weight. Frankly I'm not bothered how many sausage rolls he eats or how many gin and tonics he has if his expertise benefits the club. You have come to the view that it doesn't.

On this occasion I'm deferring to the accurate, inside, knowledge of the man who is actually bankrolling the club.

No I haven't I've come to the view that his expertise has a limited shelf life, as the new stand is close to getting planning permission. Especially if he keeps getting the freebies that he does.

Spot on, SC is his boss and it's up to him whether any of his Directors offer value for money. Us guessing whether he is giving value for Money is pointless giving we don't know what the expectations are.

Lapsed Lookers ST holders, if they can still be identified. But given the number of ST holders we have in total, I presume anyone or everyone could move.

I'm staying in the (old) main stand paddock until it's knocked down!

Again you assume that's all he's therefore, yet I would argue that as someone who runs a successful local business, he can offer general business expertise that would otherwise be lacking from the board and it would perhaps cost a lot of money to employ a non-Director to get similar benefit plus they would still get the free benefits. Potentially he could be saving the club money.

4. Other?

Option number 1 definately as the season ticket holder are the lifeblood of the club, but when you take into account their are around 2000 season ticket holders and a good percentage of them will want to sit in the main stand or chaddy then everyone who wants an ST in their should get one.

Although with all the dissapointments that have gone on before on this issue I won't believe we will have one until I'm actually sat in it.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4. Other?

Maybe a poll would give a good indication ?

4. Other?

I'd be a little more than miffed if any lapsed ST holder got any dib above me and other current ST holder who used to sit in the Lookers but moved elsewhere when it was knocked down.