New Latics Official Website

New Latics Official Website   

194 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Latics official website ?

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I'm not bothered either way

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's such a drag to go through. You've to go through that pain in the :censored:ing arse first page before you get to the homepage, which is a pet hate of mine, and then when you get there, well it's like a normal, decent website has exploded. Crappy font, pictures all over the place, the general layout, a complete mess. Hang your heads in shame, whoever 'designed' this godawful abortion.

It's not like there aren't any decent sites out there that can be used for inspiration.....

Kill it with fire......

Every other FLi website seems alot better quality than ours.

'What the :censored: is going on?'

I emailed the club complaining about the OS. Apparently it is wok in progress and will improve in the next 2 or 3 weeks. We were one of the last clubs to have the site updated, and the service provider is in complete control of the sites content. I presume that the club has had no control as to when the site should go public.However I'm sure that when I saw the website when it was 1st. changed I looked at Rochdales site and it was still the old version. When I looked again a few days later it had changed to the new site, but was then much better than ours.

I think 128 against, 2 for, 1 indifferent is a pretty comprehensive kicking for the new site.

The biggest problem they've faced (aside from the :censored:ing terrible implementation process) is there has been almost no communication as to what's happening!

Totally fed up with the official site now and my LW subscription is a waste of money. All I ever get is the blue background with the two Latics badges either side with nothing else. Plus it seems to take over the browser, so have to close it down and re open. :censored:e!

A preview of tomorrow's Capital One Cup, first-round tie against Sheffield Wednesday can be found by going to the fixtures section and clicking on to the Sheffield Wednesday match and selecting preview.

1-why not just include the link there? 2-the menu for the fixtures section disappears as soon as you try to click on it.

1-why not just include the link there? 2-the menu for the fixtures section disappears as soon as you try to click on it.

I just came on to say exacly that.....awful amateur stuff....it's seriously embarassing at the moment. I'd rather NOT have a website!

I've offered services a while back....either web based or even just updating the site with text - for free.....and was turned down. Seems they maybe should have taken me up on my offer...

Edited by Fruitygoo

Woah! This is the first time I have looked at the new site, cos I pretty much always only go on OWTB. I only use the fishial for Latics Player during live games.

I have been reading this thread, thinking a lot of people would be overreacting, but.......... nope. Just nope. If I had developed that website, I would be sacked.

My favourite part is the twitter feed saying that they know there is broken links on the website etc, then the link contained in the tweet goes to a broken facebook link. Just genius.

There must be some sort of comeback against Perform Group for this surely (if they are responsible for this crap). I just looked at the Rochdale website too, and it is almost as bad.

Surely if it is a template driven CMS designed to be updated by people with no coding knowledge, then the initial template and design should be done by the developers. To me it looks like Perform Group have just uploaded the CMS onto their server for all clubs and left the club staff to organise the layout. Bad bad move.

I don't know who is to blame, Perform Group for not doing their job or the Latics for not employing a professional web developer. It depends on what the agreement between the club and Perform is really.

Edit: I just looked at the Blackpool website, and it is the same as ours. Seems like it is a Perform problem.

Edited by BlueInAus