What do we call the new stand?

Some non-league team auctioned the name of their stadium for a year. Loads of companies entered and they got a fair bit of money, and then something like 'The Devil Made Me Do It Tattoo Studios' won it.

Something along the lines of that..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18786163

A Derbyshire football club's stadium is being renamed The Devil Made Me Do It Ground after a local tattoo studio won a raffle to provide a new name.

Clay Cross Town FC organised the draw for businesses in the area as part of an exercise to rebrand the club, formerly known as Parkhouse FC.

The Central Midlands Football League side's ground will share the tattoo parlour's name for all of next season.

The club said the "wacky" name had created a lot of interest in the town.

Committee member Martin Roberts said the idea to raffle off the naming rights to the stadium, formerly known as Mill Lane, was part of a promotional push for the club.

'Wacky name'

He said: "We were trying to promote the club, and the town itself.

"We sold advertising over the summer and anyone who took sponsorship with us could purchase a further ticket which would allow them, if they were drawn out, to name the ground after their business.

"So the draw took place and the shop with the longest name in Clay Cross was pulled out. Now their name will be on the ground for the full season.

"It's a nice wacky name and it's created a lot of interest."

Tattoo studio owner Rob Clements said: "The name comes from one of my favourite songs.

"I paid £10 for the raffle ticket but I never win so I was quite shocked when our name was drawn out.

"But watch any game on TV now and all the footballers have a lot of tattoos - so it's good in that sense."

Mr Roberts said: "If Coca Cola or any other major companies are interested in having their name on the ground they should get in touch - but it's gone for this season."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royle Stand and Ritchie Suite, because his football was soooooo sweet. Or the 'Pinch me Stand.'

If there are two bars then one to be named after Gorton the other after Goram.

Toilets? Lots of possibilities. 'The David Currie :censored:house.' 'The Ronnie Jepson Pisspot.'

It will be a sponsors name stand.

I'd like the bar, the gym, and exec boxes to have "latics names" for example:

The Jimmy Frizzel suite,

Palmer's gym

The Royle bar

The Andy Ritchie Lounge

Bar 1991

Edited by pukka

The Jimmy Frizzel suite,

Palmer's gym

The Royle bar

The Andy Ritchie Lounge

Bar 1991

The Eric Sykes suite.

The Jimmy Frizzel suite,

Palmer's gym

The Royle bar

The Andy Ritchie Lounge

Bar 1991

The 'Dave Penney Out'-side Toilet Block

The Ian Thomas-Moore Family singsong Bar ............................. You're Dad is a W*****

Can we please name it after a past player, manager or success. I don't think as a club we cling onto our past enough.

We Were In The Premier League And Don't You Forget It Stand.

How about naming it just 'Bert' ?........after Bert Lister.

Edited by BP1960

imo the stand should be named after a sponsor and then a latics legend (Ritchie,Royle,Frizzell,Milligan,Redfearn,whoever)

The Supporter's Bar should be called The Owl or The Latic or simply 1895 or something along those lines

The Gym could be 'The Palmer Gym'

The function room could be 'The Barrett Bar' Each executive box could be named after a Latics Legend(Goram/Frizzell/Milligan/Redfearn/etc.)

Also, with a new stand comes oppurtunity to rename the other stands, we could have the 'The Leesfield Developments David Eyres End- known simply as Eyres End' 'The Detect All Alarms Andy Ritchie End- Ritchie End' and the 'The Joe Royle Main Stand'

Just a thought but you never know