As a very occasional attendee these days I get most of my info from here and I suppose use it as a way to gauge mood/optimism/lack of it.

Can't say I ever come off the site with a feeling that I must get myself to a game pronto.

We apear to have

the worst baorad

the worst players

the worst manager

the worst fans

and the worst prospects...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't read too much into a vocal negative minority on here mate, atmosphere at games is generally positive until the traditional end of season slump ;)

Most people realise it is going to be an uphill struggle until we get some real investment and on the whole we have played some decent football under Dickov - yet dont quite have the quality to really compete.

Part of the problem? No, I'm not at all convinced.

Let's face it, there are plenty of negatives to supporting an ailing, potless, third-tier club with the accolade of being the division 's longest serving occupants and who are only likely to leave via the wrong end of the table.

The positives are few and far between but they get a mention, all right.

As a very occasional attendee these days I get most of my info from here and I suppose use it as a way to gauge mood/optimism/lack of it.

Can't say I ever come off the site with a feeling that I must get myself to a game pronto.

We apear to have

the worst baorad - YES, DREADFUL

the worst players - NO, JUST SMALL IN NUMBER WITH A NEED FOR A BIT MORE QUALITY

the worst manager - I STILL REALLY LIKE HIM

the worst fans - YES, WE ARE CRAP

and the worst prospects... NO, WE'RE NOT FACING BANCKRUPTCY BUT MIGHT EVEN HAVE A NEW STAND!!! BTW I LIKE THE NICKNAME THE GREENHOUSE.'

the worst board - not sure about how other fans view their boards, but ours isn't bad, considering how hamstrung for cash the club is.

the worst players - I very much doubt that. We've got a very decent starting XI for this league, assuming Dickov picks M'Changama and Hughes.

the worst manager - One of the best in this league.

the worst fans - The fans are weird. Some are relaxed about seeing us win occasionally, draw occasionally and lose quite a bit. I'm in this camp. It's about expectations. Some fans are needlessly down on the team. I sat in front of a complete main stand knobhead at MK on Satdi. Every time they did something, he'd be saying, "That's a great ball / cross / tackle" etc. even if this resulted in a throw-in, a goal kick or a free kick. Whatever we did, he said it was crap. He said it happened every time. He said we either weren't good enough or were conspiratorially bad - as if the player misplacing the pass was really hoping the opposition would win.

and the worst prospects - By no means.

We apear to have

the worst baorad

the worst players

the worst manager

the worst fans

and the worst prospects...

We have also:

Rallied to raise about £250 for playershare in 24 hours

Been party to one charity walk and in the process of the second being organised

Been instrumental in the 92inblue event a couple of years ago

Made a fortune for the club in our time as the official board

All about perspective, init?

We have also:

History will blame OWTB's mods for the club's eventual collapse, especially you. The blood is on your hands!

We have also:

So what you're saying is the fans moan like crazy on this board and then support the team in all practical ways? This is so bananas it could be true.

We have also:

It wasn't actually meant as a criticism of the admin - I would never do that without very good reason as I've had enough unmerited stick in my time!

It wasn't actually meant as a criticism of the admin - I would never do that without very good reason as I've had enough unmerited stick in my time!

Didn't mean to come across as defensive from a personal perspective - just showing that like most things in life it's possible to make them seem as good or as bad as your personally inclined to.

Reality is this place has a lot of idiots and a lot of intelligent interesting commentators - key is knowing what you're reading and from who, taking it with a pinch of salt and remembering that at the end of the day - it's the Internet.

Didn't mean to come across as defensive from a personal perspective - just showing that like most things in life it's possible to make them seem as good or as bad as your personally inclined to.

Reality is this place has a lot of idiots and a lot of intelligent interesting commentators - key is knowing what you're reading and from who, taking it with a pinch of salt and remembering that at the end of the day - it's the Internet.

Indeed. Just out of interest how much is this fortune the site has raised and how does that come about?

Perhaps we should have a thread about odd forms of abuse. I think my personal favourites in no particular order were getting a "formal letter of complaint" that an OASIS newsletter was a week late; being called utterly corrupt for organising a raffle and being told that I was behind the race riots....!

You can't please all the people all the time!!

But for one year when I was building my home I’ve been a season ticket holder, with my son, since I arrived in Saddleworth in 1988, the free ticket for the kid idea, which now sees us both season ticket holders in the main stand, somebody carelessly knocked down my stand.

People do moan in the Main Stand but as I hear moans from the other stands as well, it is wrong and negative to label the stand in that way. Just goes to show how the most positive people can moan as well!

We are where we are and the squad size is limited by the income generated. PD simply does not have that many options because we only really have a starting 11 with so many youngsters in our squad. PD will do very well if we finish in the top half.

Indeed. Just out of interest how much is this fortune the site has raised and how does that come about?

Perhaps we should have a thread about odd forms of abuse. I think my personal favourites in no particular order were getting a "formal letter of complaint" that an OASIS newsletter was a week late; being called utterly corrupt for organising a raffle and being told that I was behind the race riots....!

You can't please all the people all the time!!

First up - I've lived in West London for over a month and I've not had a newsletter! So you can take this as your second formal letter of complaint (!!)

The fortune came about (past tense) because we were officially the clubs forum, which meant every click on OWTB raised the club up the rankings (the higher the rank on the FLi list of clubs the more cash you get each month). We've also done many less tangible things in collaboration with the Trust, which make money for the club.

And I couldn't agree more on the last point!

First up - I've lived in West London for over a month and I've not had a newsletter! So you can take this as your second formal letter of complaint (!!)

The fortune came about (past tense) because we were officially the clubs forum, which meant every click on OWTB raised the club up the rankings (the higher the rank on the FLi list of clubs the more cash you get each month). We've also done many less tangible things in collaboration with the Trust, which make money for the club.

And I couldn't agree more on the last point!

We're not deliberately elusive on the figure; we don't know it. What I do know is that Alan Hardy was very keen that we didn't have access to that information as it was a far more significant sum of money than we could have imagined.

by worst board i thought you meant either the OS or the actual board. I like this forum.

Administrators do a great job.

by worst fans i thought you meant those who don't actually go to matches (and yet live local). i think the loyalty and patience of everyone else is to be applauded. Let's face it, last season GM had four Premier League clubs, including the biggest and the richest. Oldham fans actually deserve a huge pat on the back, some times:)