Di Canio strikes again

Anybody see the footage from yesterday? Basically hauls the keeper off (foderingham?) Who then goes mental kicking water bottles all over the show. Di canio then decides to slag him off in the interview after the game with stuff that should be left in the dressing room and says if he doesn't give a heartfelt apology, he's out!

Ssn then shows the incident with Leon Clarke (didn't realise they carried on scrappin in the tunnel)

The Guys mental.

Is he really any good he was allowed to buy his way out of league 2 which im sure a lot of managers could have done, falls out with every person going and not set the world alight in league1 so far

1st Class tool no time for him at all, i may even sit as close to their bench as possible when swindon come to wind up the prick pukka style lol

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Is he really any good he was allowed to buy his way out of league 2 which im sure a lot of managers could have done, falls out with every person going and not set the world alight in league1 so far

1st Class tool no time for him at all, i may even sit as close to their bench as possible when swindon come to wind up the prick pukka style lol

From a neutral standpoint I find him very entertaining but he's the type of opposition manager I would paid good money to wind up from the stands!

As a manager I get the feeling that he must bring some strong positive aspects to the team/club regardless of the amount he's had to spend (which I'd guess is quite a lot), but with all these outbursts I think they will make the club stronger and stronger until one incident which will send the whole thing crashing down to Earth.

It'll be interesting to see exactly what incident will causes this!

the media obsess over him, when we were watching Swindon vs Brighton the other week every other sentence the manager said was along the lines of "Paulo Di Canio is a fantastic manager" but tbh Swindon serious underachived in getting relegated in 2010/11, then they got loads of investment in the club the following summer

Keeper shouldn't have reacted like that - Di Canio has a point that it is unprofesional.

But that interview is both pathetic and brilliant - he's one passionate :censored:er.

Di Canio definately has a point. What the fcuk is the keeper playing at? Granted he's annoyed at being subbed after 21 minutes and made to look like a cock but why do that in front of the whole stadium? For God's sake lad, go to the dressing room and kick a few water bottles about where nobody can see you.

I particularly liked the bit where Di Canio says that he's a 20 year old kid, very new to being a professional, playing in the 3rd division. Does he think that makes him untouchable?

We didn't see Tarky reacting like that last week did we?

Edited by Break The Silence

They've made a much better start than us. 7 points from 4 games and currently lie in 8th place, 1 point outside the play off spots and 3 points off top. 6 points out of 6 at home with 4 goals scored and 0 conceded. I'd swap our start for theirs, no bother....

Edited by Break The Silence

He's an interesting one. He's entertaining but he certainly oversteps the mark. I thought it was hilarious when he ran on to the pitch at Northampton last year but then he had a run-in with a black player on loan (I'm not sure what happened after that).

His standards are extremely high, and though I think hauling off your goalkeeper after 21 minutes is a little harsh, I don't have a problem with his managerial style. Most of his players seem to love playing for him but they know they must work very hard both in training and during the match. What is there to criticise?

Mind you, Swindon's away form under Di Canio is weak. Their home form essentially got them promoted, and the away wins they did get won them the league. It might try to be too clever with his formations and systems, I don't know.

He's an absolute head-the-ball and it's fantastic to watch/read.

1302894257-Clarke_001.jpg

Wes-Foderingham-Swindon-Town_2699442.jpg

Paolo%2BDi%2BCanio%2B2012%2B04.jpg

:detectivegm0:

Ha - was going to post similar. Hmmmmmm

Also - how fat does Leon Clarke look in that shot? Must have been on the Coke eh?*

* and of course i mean the popular brand of dark coloured fiizzy pop drink & nothing else!

My younger step-son is a regular at Swindon and his Dad is a ST holder. Says it's always worth going just to watch De Canio. Mad as a box of frogs, but you can't take your eyes off him.

We could do with a manager like that, would stop me watching what's happening on the pitch.

"But it's not acceptable to think: 'I'm the goalkeeper, I can't be subbed'. When you have a bad day like he did yesterday, then you can be subbed.

"Even if he thinks it's not fair, you have to remain professional.

"We'll move on now but it doesn't mean you don't pay the price and I will propose a fine.

"Otherwise, the next time I sub Matt Ritchie he will come with a gun and shoot at me, and just say sorry to escape from the punishment."

:lol: