eddie nelson

wasn't it you who was saying we need an attacking midfielder?

He didn't attack Harry, I never saw him in the opposition half, Baxter didn't venture forward much either. Must be the PD syndrome.

Even Ritchie Humphries in central midfield for Hartlepool looked more attacking (and his legs aren't what they were) notching a fine goal.

Edited by BP1960

He didn't attack Harry, I never saw him in the opposition half, Baxter didn't venture forward much either. Must be the PD syndrome.

Even Ritchie Humphries in central midfield for Hartlepool looked more attacking (and his legs aren't what they were) notching a fine goal.

This is my issue with Dickov, and those that went to Chesterfield saw it in earnest. We have attacking players at the club and his crap tactics are ruining them. The players are terrified of losing the ball, rather than trying to do something with it the oppositions half we see hopeless decision making like Furman and Winchester's backpasses. all in a bid to keep posession. This is what will lose him his job. Even Messi would struggle in this team...

Anything less than one win from the next two will seal his fate imo, and before the old we're 4/5/6 games in argument gets trotted out - we've been pisspoor since the turn of the year especially at home. We need entertainment and goals, we have the attacking players to score goals if we let them express themselves correctly.

Fans who's opinions I respect are now pretty much saying the above, yes we have a small squad, yes we have a couple of injuries but still have the players to have a bloody good go at the opposition. The First half an hour v Wednesday, Very fleeting glimpses v Walsall and a post half-time purple patch at Pompey are not enough to score the goals we need to stay out of the bottom four.

Having said that one or two do need to seriously up their game...

Edited by oafcprozac