Our Season Starts Tommorow

According to Dickov, our season starts tommorow...

considering we've played 40% of our home games this season, does this mean we get a refund on the games that appear to have been nothing more than 'pre-season'.

Our season started in August....badly.....and a run of 4-5 games does not make up for the garbage that we have witnessed over the past 18 months or so. It's time to go i'm afraid Paul....as much as I like you, you just do not have the tactical basics to push this football team forward. Thanks for all your efforts but i believe in another 25 hours, your time will be up.

Seen this comment on this thread and others tonight. What could he have said that wouldn't have had the knives out?

The difficulty he has is substance.

He has for a long time talked the talk and carried it off quite successfully.

But there is no substance behind it.

I don't usually bother to read pre-match comment. It's banal at best. And I accept that "the season starts here" is a mere sound bite in the publicity machine that other fans enjoy and a football club needs.

But on reading the comment my instant reaction was "have I been watching an extended run of pre-season friendlies?".

Maybe that thought had a smirk with it. I do understand that any other football cliché would have got a similarly meaningless reaction from me.

But if I felt that there was substance behind the man's words that regularly manifests itself on the football pitch I doubt that anybody would have reacted.

You reap what you sew.

Edited by opinions4u

Can't believe dickov has just said this by setting sights on survival with this squad we should be higher up. We have finished 16th 17th under him and we are going to finish lower time to go dickov and get someone in who will get the team higher.

It's just a cliche!! People are jumping on anything and everything that Dickov says/does. Maybe it's you lot that are the boring ones and not Dickov...

Might be a cliche but to actually come out and say it on record, i do find staggering, smacks of someone who has given up the ghost.

Too right he's feeling the pressure, He's the manager of a :censored: going nowhere club and everytime sodding chaddy farts some armchair general calls for him to be sacked.

Please can I place on record now that Dickov's replacement has lost the plot and needs to be sacked now before he gets us relegated. He's tactically naive, we've now gone the whole of October 2014 without putting in a decent performance, I go to <insert naming rights stadium name> to be entertained and this clown isn't doing that.

Dickov is literally in a 'no-win' situation! Even if we get six points from the next two games, the underlying lack of confidence that the fans have will still be there, we will be waiting for, and dreading, the next dip of form. Of course Dickov has to say the right things but the cracks are starting to show in his optimism. The guy must be as bewildered as the rest of us as to why this squad is performing so abysmally and he doesn't have the depth of experience to put it right.

I honestly do not know where the club goes from here but to be in this position with, arguably, the strongest squad for some time...and especially in relatively poor League One...it is not acceptable for Latics, as it wouldn't be for any other club in the same situation. We have the players, we just don't have a leadership with any strength or substance, unfortunately.

Tell a team that the target is to survive is an awful mentality, even if you think it dont say it in front of the fans. That gives the players an excuse straight away that we can afford to lose games as long as we just do enough to stay up

If they beat us tonight we are only 8pts above a team who would have only won twice all season, totally unacceptable.#

It isnt just about tonight, if we win tonight and lose saturday all the hard work of tonight will have gone out of the window

Wardie is spot on no leadership, hence why we concede so bloody many from set-peices!

I hope that PD stands in that changing room tonight and tells the players that they are good players, we play good football, we score goals, we create chances, we have a good team spirit and great fans

Now get out there keep it tight and dont concede early doors, get set-up with your shape, defend properly, be decisive on the ball, dont take risks in silly areas, hassle them into mistakes and you will win this game lads, we are a better team than them and we are capable

Now get the :censored: out there and win this game and play with some passion

**FT We just lost 1-0 in 89th min reality

I hope that PD stands in that changing room tonight and tells the players that they are good players, we play good football, we score goals, we create chances, we have a good team spirit and great fans

Now get out there keep it tight and dont concede early doors, get set-up with your shape, defend properly, be decisive on the ball, dont take risks in silly areas, hassle them into mistakes and you will win this game lads, we are a better team than them and we are capable

Now get the :censored: out there and win this game and play with some passion

**FT We just lost 1-0 in 89th min reality

something like this