Enough is enough

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be said that this was a decent game with the wrong result but that statement hides a multitude of problems. The first goal was gifted by very poor static defending and the second from losing the ball when over committed in attack allied with more poor defending. Yes we looked good after going behind, partly because I think because they thought this is easy and because we played the ball on the ground, but the goal we scored was a long range shot which should have been saved. Smith was worn down by the weight of numbers and the futility of winning the ball without support. As time went on more and more stupid errors were made and eventually we paid for it.

Dickov manages as if the substitutes are not good enough. It was clear that Smith was done for and wasn't going to score. Why was Taylor named as a substitute? He is the only striker, other than Baxter, who is in the goals. What is the point of building for the future when we don't look like surviving the present. I didn't expect to win but I'm still deeply disappointed by the result and now I don't expect to win on Saturday or at Scunthorpe. I suppose when the lows are lower the highs are higher!

Didn't deserve to lose but teams that are fighting relegation rarely get what they deserve - my views on Dickov are wel documented. A proactive substitution could have made the difference today . Sadly Donny made a sub and he nicked an undeserved winner... Managers lack of nouse has cost us again

No matter what we say the same old dickov bull:censored: will be put in the press statements " we didn't deserve to lose " but we did and how long do we have to put up with pure :censored:,I was going to forest for the cup game but I'm not now because I've lost all hope and enthusiasm,it's not only me but a lot of other tics fans something needs to be drastically dine before its to late

this pretty much sums it up and lo and behold he's come out saying: "It is really disappointing after the amount of effort they put in, but there were a lot of positives to take from the game. And as we saw again there are fine margins that can win or lose you games."

The players and Management really need to stop feeling sorry for themselves

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Time to go.

Year after year, we're in the relegation battle with no real consistancy apart from the relegation fight.

I'm hearing "We played well though" "Who we going to get if Dickov goes?".. It's all about getting points and we're not getting enough. Dicky and Taggart are doing sh*t all for this club. Boundary Park used to be quite hard to get a victory but now it just seems like 'another match of dissapointment'. Something needs changing. Every game Oldham play, I expect nothing to come out of it.

There's no wonder BP attendances are on the decrease as our results and performances have been piss poor for so long now. I know quite a few people who don't come to BP anymore as they think it's a craphole and Dickov is a piss poor manager.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

How long will those saying that they can't be arsed having another manager on the Latics manager carousel bleat on about keeping him because there are worse things above him?

Growth of a club starts on the pitch.

I don't care that people are sick of changing managers. It's about keeping the right ones and sacking the ones that aren't up to the task. Making a mistake employing or sacking the past managers shouldn't affect our view of the current one.

He's either good enough or he's not good enough. He's either moving us forward or taking us backwards. No comparisons to previous managers, no excuses.

He needs to go. It's as simple as that. He hasn't got the nous, the inspiration, the tactics or the ruthlessness. Time to make a change and if the next manager isn't good enough then we'll make another until the find the suitable candidate.

There is no use in keeping a manager that has no future and offers no value.

Time to move on and find another boss. There are good one's knocking about, without a job. Let's hope the next one is a keeper.

How long will those saying that they can't be arsed having another manager on the Latics manager carousel bleat on about keeping him because there are worse things above him?

Growth of a club starts on the pitch.

I don't care that people are sick of changing managers. It's about keeping the right ones and sacking the ones that aren't up to the task. Making a mistake employing or sacking the past managers shouldn't affect our view of the current one.

He's either good enough or he's not good enough. He's either moving us forward or taking us backwards. No comparisons to previous managers, no excuses.

He needs to go. It's as simple as that. He hasn't got the nous, the inspiration, the tactics or the ruthlessness. Time to make a change and if the next manager isn't good enough then we'll make another until the find the suitable candidate.

There is no use in keeping a manager that has no future and offers no value.

Time to move on and find another boss. There are good one's knocking about, without a job. Let's hope the next one is a keeper.

+1

This post sums it up!

Agreed on all points made.

I didnt matter what what happened today 8 of our players were guaranteed not to be subbed. the only ones who could be were wes smith or changy. Everyone else is secure in their shirt for 90 minutes. smith couldn't be replaced because dickov wouldn't trust dan taylor to lead the line wes was having a good game, and changy was subbed when he ran out of steam. The subs from that point were wasting their time warming up.

I didnt matter what what happened today 8 of our players were guaranteed not to be subbed. the only ones who could be were wes smith or changy. Everyone else is secure in their shirt for 90 minutes. smith couldn't be replaced because dickov wouldn't trust dan taylor to lead the line wes was having a good game, and changy was subbed when he ran out of steam. The subs from that point were wasting their time warming up.

then why does he sing Taylor's praises,seems to me that dickov as the weeks go by his mind gets weaker and weaker,his time is up he has run out of ideas

i agree he keeps doing this but shows no faith whatsoever. how depressing must it be to know that having played 10% of the game with 10 men in the pissing rain on a bogged pitch you are still not good enough to get 10 minutes

Usual sloppy start , defenders like statues for their goal.

Heads looked to be dropping until M'Changama's terrific shot & awful keeping levelled it up.

We looked like the better team even with 10 players up till half time.

Second half lots of effort & work rate , but we did not work the keeper much at all.

Smith won stacks of headers , but following players all flat footed not anticipating and making runs .

A draw was the fair result ,but give them their due in still going for it in injury time away from home , I think we would be more likely to shut up shop and take a draw.

Two sloppy goals and a forward line that simply does not score enough goals , this is why we are so low in the table.

I think the above is more of an accurate reflection of the match compared to some of the comments on here. Apart from a poor start we had the better of the first half, and the team were applauded off the pitch at half-time by the supporters around me. In the second half it felt like the two teams had neutralised one another, and that the game was heading for a draw. According to Sky "the home side were on course for a well-deserved point". Even the Doncaster manager said the game could have gone either way. We shaded the possession and, by 11 to 4, had more attempts on goal against a team 4th in the table.

Personally, I'd have withdrawn Changy at least 10 minutes earlier as the player looked completely knackered, and I'd have given Taylor at least a 10 minute run-out in place of Smith.

However, we're in a results driven business and the spotlight will continue to shine on Dickov. A new manager would need 3 or 4 weeks to assess his new group of players before making any changes - budgets permitting. As such a new manager would ideally have been in place by the beginning of December, and it's now possibly too late to make an effective change. I wouldn't be surprised if Dickov was still in charge for the last game of the season!

Edited by Mark59

I think the above is more of an accurate reflection of the match compared to some of the comments on here. Apart from a poor start we had the better of the first half, and the team were applauded off the pitch at half-time by the supporters around me. In the second half it felt like the two teams had neutralised one another, and that the game was heading for a draw. According to Sky "the home side were on course for a well-deserved point". Even the Doncaster manager said the game could have gone either way. We shaded the possession and, by 11 to 4, had more attempts on goal against a team 4th in the table.

Personally, I'd have withdrawn Changy at least 10 minutes earlier as the player looked completely knackered, and I'd have given Taylor at least a 10 minute run-out in place of Smith.

However, we're in a results driven business and the spotlight will continue to shine on Dickov. A new manager would need 3 or 4 weeks to assess his new group of players before making any changes - budgets permitting. As such a new manager would ideally have been in place by the beginning of December, and it's now possibly too late to make an effective change. I wouldn't be surprised if Dickov was still in charge for the last game of the season!

its ok saying we had the better of the first half but what was the score 1-1 when you have the better of any game you expect to be in front,in reality we are not capable to take any team to task and that is because the management is not up to the task themselfs they are clueless

It looks as though you are backing Dickov here without actually saying it directly.

How many managers come to clubs midway through the season and invigorate the teams more than the sacked manager did. We could get this by finding a new manager and 'As such a new manager would ideally have been in place by the beginning of December', - ideally we wouldn't be in a rut at the moment without a striker, 2nd least goals scored out of any club in the league and a team void of inspiration and motivation - but we are.

And we need to react decisively to prevent this slide from prolonging. There will be a point in the season, very soon I'd imagine, where getting a good performance and 0 points will be completely useless.

The other points is that this mentality of "it's 4th in the table so a decent performance makes it more acceptable" doesn't cut it for me. I don't care where they are in the table. We should go to every game expecting to win and entertain the crowd. Our record against the top 10 is abysmal this season. Not 1 win I think. Maybe this mindset contributes to it.

I don't want to take credit from the players for the performance because as you said, they were pretty good today but we're arriving at a time when 0 points nullifies the pretty good game and to be honest, I don't think that Dickov, from what I see in his post match interviews, is implementing that to his players. It's too much 'refs fault', 'unlucky', 'tried our best', 'we've been robbed' instead of telling them how it is and punishing the multiple players (it's not just Montano) that are under-performing on a regular basis.

Edited by NewBlue

Not sure we have "massive" midfield choices, more a few untried youngsters.

Thing is the can't progress if never played, I think mellor deserves a chance, changy, but we can't just throw em in together with Winchester and hughes out wide , they all should have been getting chances all season.

Bad management.

Now Derbyshire is gone our forward options are dreadful , Baxter aside of course, no one knows what taylor can do coz he never gets a chance, and smith & Simpson ????

Thing is the can't progress if never played, I think mellor deserves a chance, changy, but we can't just throw em in together with Winchester and hughes out wide , they all should have been getting chances all season.

Bad management.

This has been the most surprising disappointment from Dickov this season, in the past 2 seasons he hasn't been afraid to play youngsters and it has often brought him results or performances. Scunthorpe away last season sticks in the mind.

I'm not saying that the XI he usually picks isn't our best side but the majority of them have underperformed at some stage this season and have not been punished by being replaced. There's likely to be a time later in the season where we need these youngsters to fill in, but there's no chance of them being ready without previous experience. Yeovil was a great opportunity to do this, Swindon and Donny less so.

I am not one for changing managers, that’s why I have not been in favour of removing PD (& friends). Another reason is I am an exile, so most of my information is 2nd/3rd hand. However, when you look at the stats, I think this is the end of my support for PD.

I wish him well in the future, but it will not be with OAFC.

Dickov is good a getting players to come to Oldham that we would not expect to consider us (e.g.. Kuqi, Derbyshire & Baxter), and much better than Windlass etc, but once they are at OAFC we don’t get the results expected with those sorts of players.

Surely this is Dickov’s last season with us. The dilemma for SC is when does he show PD the door?

If it is in January, can SC afford it? Has he time to line someone up? My feeling is SC will not pay PD out in Jan.

So SC can wait to the end of the season when I assume PDs contract is up? I think the answer is yes unless we find ourselves in serious relegation trouble.

If we are under a relegation threat, I think PD will be gone with 10-8 games left & someone else will be on a 10-8 game contract to get us out of trouble.

I have seen Sean O’Driscoll’s (a thinking man’s Uncle Ronnie) name mentioned, a good experienced manager which I think we need, but I wonder if we can afford this type of manager.

I think PD feels he is close to the sack (and I don’t mean standing next to Santa) and is beginning to manage with fear, hence his team selection and substitutes.

I can only hope our next manager can at least put us in the top half of this league, is that too much to ask for?

I am not one for changing managers, that’s why I have not been in favour of removing PD (& friends). Another reason is I am an exile, so most of my information is 2nd/3rd hand. However, when you look at the stats, I think this is the end of my support for PD.

I wish him well in the future, but it will not be with OAFC.

Dickov is good a getting players to come to Oldham that we would not expect to consider us (e.g.. Kuqi, Derbyshire & Baxter), and much better than Windlass etc, but once they are at OAFC we don’t get the results expected with those sorts of players.

Surely this is Dickov’s last season with us. The dilemma for SC is when does he show PD the door?

If it is in January, can SC afford it? Has he time to line someone up? My feeling is SC will not pay PD out in Jan.

So SC can wait to the end of the season when I assume PDs contract is up? I think the answer is yes unless we find ourselves in serious relegation trouble.

If we are under a relegation threat, I think PD will be gone with 10-8 games left & someone else will be on a 10-8 game contract to get us out of trouble.

I have seen Sean O’Driscoll’s (a thinking man’s Uncle Ronnie) name mentioned, a good experienced manager which I think we need, but I wonder if we can afford this type of manager.

I think PD feels he is close to the sack (and I don’t mean standing next to Santa) and is beginning to manage with fear, hence his team selection and substitutes.

I can only hope our next manager can at least put us in the top half of this league, is that too much to ask for?

I think he's on a one-year rolling contract, so it doesn't matter when he goes....

You're right to point out his ability to attract certain players, that's his one and increasingly only strength....

But the fact we then drift into average form, second-half syndrome, late goals conceeded, out-thought tactically, questionable substitutions, second-half-of-the-season syndrome... - it all points to the manager I'm afraid.

Some people drew positives from Sat. But for me, the players worked hard and got back into it, and, yes, deserve some credit, but the final stages of the game - when Saunders acted and Dickov didn't, summed up more problems. That's where the manager earns his dough and makes the big calls to nick points. People could see it coming. Although a last-minute goal was harsh, everyone was saying we looked tired in certain positions and it always appeared likely there'd be a moment where we'd switch off towards the end - because, sadly, we always do.

Changing managers is always a gamble, but it's getting to the point where keeping the manager could be just as big, if not a bigger gamble - especially when you take into account our second-half season syndome under PD - which occurs once teams have worked us out. The best we can hope for is a 16th/17th finish it seems. If Baxter goes, and we lose at Forest, the doom and gloom - which already seems to be at high levels - will reach fever pitch. And given the fragile confidence and consistent levels regularly show by our players, which appears to have seeped throughout the squad, we could be in big trouble.

Has anyone mentioned that a very good coach/manager has recently become available? O'Driscoll has done great things in the past. He also plays good football. I'd make my move NOW.

Sorry...slowly caching-up. Just seen other thread. Still, message is the same. ACT NOW!!!! He won't necessarily get a job in the Championship. We'd be ideal for him. Do it SC. FFS.

Edited by bigfatjoe1