If Dickov were to go. . .

There's at least 10 from that list I would choose but it's academic as PD ain't going anywhere.

As long as club remains outside bottom 4, he'll be here come May.

At end of season does both parties have an exit clause or are we committed to a pay-off regardless of when we sack him?

There are still a lot of out of work managers but relatively few jobs to go for. That must mean we would get some interest , whether we could afford them is another matter but surely some of these managers just want to work to get back into the game and the public eye? A bit like Derbyshire in the playing sense i suppose.

Maybe I'm wrong, didn't magilton do ok at ipswich ? Can't say I'm to clued up on Ipswich but thought he had ???

Yes, got them in and around the play-offs on a small budget.

Don't know him as a player but seems like a nutter though. Headbutted Akos Buszaky in his time as manager of QPR then he went onto Melbourne Victory so he might still live there for all we know.

I see no chance of a change if we stay in the top 20. Once relegation becomes a probability we might see some action and then we will need a proven escape artist. I still think however that the best way forward is to have none of the above and try to find another Royle. Who knows Dickov might be here in another three years and we might finish above 16th.

It would be interesting to know what the contract says. It would be interesting to know if SC has set any performance related targets for this year. Surely there must be circumstances, like getting us relegated, where the contract can be ended without compensation.

I see no chance of a change if we stay in the top 20. Once relegation becomes a probability we might see some action and then we will need a proven escape artist. I still think however that the best way forward is to have none of the above and try to find another Royle. Who knows Dickov might be here in another three years and we might finish above 16th.

Love it! We're a top twenty hit.

"Non-mover at number seventeen, it's Oldham Athletic, with their cover of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction. Up two places to number seven, it's Bournemouth with Howe's About That Then. Still at number one, for a second week, it's Sheffield United and Blackman Blades."

It could catch on...

Edited by Takemeanywhere

Phil Brown

Iain Dowie

Micky Mellon

Jim Magilton

Nick Barmby

Sean O'Driscoll

Billy Davies

Steve Cotterill

Peter Reid

If that was your shortlist for a job it's a very hard choice... Managers with very different qualities and experiences as well as different approaches to the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mellon given the chance, worked wonders at Fleetwood - However, if we were going to appoint anyone younger and inexperienced at FL management, i'd rather it was done at the end of the season, with us either sticking with Dickov or appointing an intrim manager such as Reid/Horton to oversee things.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Love it! We're a top twenty hit.

"Non-mover at number seventeen, it's Oldham Athletic, with their cover of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction. Up two places to number seven, it's Bournemouth with Howe's About That Then. Still at number one, for a second week, it's Sheffield United and Blackman Blades."

It could catch on...

Don't forget ronnie and his boys with " hoof let the dogs out "..............on the slide though.

Don't forget ronnie and his boys with " hoof let the dogs out "..............on the slide though.

A non-mover at 24 for the 12th week in a row it's The Stelling Specials with their hit "Down, "Down".

At 20 we have the Steve Lemaq championed Essex Romans with their new hit "The Heat is on".

Phil Brown

Iain Dowie

Micky Mellon

Jim Magilton

Nick Barmby

Sean O'Driscoll

Billy Davies

Steve Cotterill

Peter Reid

If that was your shortlist for a job it's a very hard choice... Managers with very different qualities and experiences as well as different approaches to the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mellon given the chance, worked wonders at Fleetwood - However, if we were going to appoint anyone younger and inexperienced at FL management, i'd rather it was done at the end of the season, with us either sticking with Dickov or appointing an intrim manager such as Reid/Horton to oversee things.

Megson or Cotterill or O'Driscoll would be good appointments (now that McCleish has gone to Forest... :petesake: )

Usually I don't think it's something we should consider until the manager has been sacked but I see there being a few occasions between now and the end of the season where Dickov will be on the brink of being sacked.

Out of that list I'd be happy with

Shez - he'd be a bad choice for us and we shouldn't go back, but he was my favourite player growing up so I'd always support him!

Cotterill - possibly just out of our reach but has a good CV and is experienced at most levels.

O'Driscoll - if we could get him for the long term I'm certain he could turn the club around. Huge if though.

Megson - I'm sure it wouldn't be universally popular and the football wouldn't be great, but if we got him until the end of the season he'd keep us up and both him and the club could go our separate ways with no harm done. Our best realistic choice imo.

Mellon - don't know much about him except for multiple promotions at Fleetwood. Not sure whether he was sacked because of the club's big ambitions or because he was inefficient with the budget. Could be a shrewd choice.

Coyle and Davies I think would be looking for bigger jobs.

There are a lot of managers there that we could fall into a trap by getting, but luckily there's enough decent managers there that we should be able to avoid them.

SoD went to Crawley for a few weeks, so he might come here. He did a good job at Donny, playing some nice football. Well worth a punt. However, the need for investment will still be an issue whoever gets the job. The short-term question is, who can get the most out of this small squad?

SoD went to Crawley for a few weeks, so he might come here. He did a good job at Donny, playing some nice football. Well worth a punt. However, the need for investment will still be an issue whoever gets the job. The short-term question is, who can get the most out of this small squad?

Is our squad actually that small in terms of registered pro's or is it just that so many aren't getting a sniff? Genuine questions, looks as longer a list as the others when I have a gander at the back of a programme.

Is our squad actually that small in terms of registered pro's or is it just that so many aren't getting a sniff? Genuine question, looks as longer a list as the others when I have a gander at the back of a programme.

my choice would be O'Driscoll

he'd be expensive but if we took a massive gamble on winning the Forest game and use those winnings to fund him, it could work well. he'd know how to beat Forest and has got to be a bit bitter about being sacked for McCleish so he'd be confident of a win and quick revenge would suit him?

don't think Dickov will go anywhere though, especially if he's confident in keeping Baxter. If Jose stays then so will Dickov.

don't think Dickov will go anywhere though, especially if he's confident in keeping Baxter. If Jose stays then so will Dickov.

This won't happen. I hear Jose has options in the Championship although i'd be made up if he remained. Yet more PR from PD.

My guess is with Derbyshire and Baxter and possibly Wabara gone, then if PD survives he will have to make do with the current squad as with attendances plummeting there will be no more money for signings. Better start giving them games now Paul

This won't happen. I hear Jose has options in the Championship although i'd be made up if he remained. Yet more PR from PD.

My guess is with Derbyshire and Baxter and possibly Wabara gone, then if PD survives he will have to make do with the current squad as with attendances plummeting there will be no more money for signings. Better start giving them games now Paul

Championship clubs knew he was available in the summer and none of them snapped him up - don't think there will be quite the clamour for his services as some have suggested and I'd be pretty disappointed if he left us to go to an MK Dons or a Preston.