Everybody except Dickov out

It does assume my interpretation is right!

I've never seen a contract structured like that. Generally a 12-month rolling contract would have a 12-month initial term and renew automatically for successive 12-month periods thereafter, unless terminated.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im happy with this!

Taggart and Butler have been doing my head in for months

Taggart has done nothing since twatting a couple of Carlisle lads ast season and just sat on his arse adding nothing until the Preston game this season, a week later he was sat again giving nothing

Butler?.......well he just gave us nothing.

If you are not going to change Dickov and it was obvious he wasnt then at least the club are trying to be pro active

I assume someone will be alson side PD for the Forest game but we need to make sure it the right menfor thethe job!

someone told me Joe was at the club a few day ago so he may well have bee ofering advice on a new guy as he woul not be back in any full time employnment due to health and age

Horton or Reid seem like good shouts to me due to the fact I think whoever comes in will have some kind of City connection

Edited by palmer1

Dowie as manager, Harbin as fitness/psychologist/sports science and TP as Assistant Manager.

Granted our success under them was at a time of a really strong squad but its more than coincidence that some of the more raw players developed stronger, fitter and more productive under this regime.

As said earlier, Dickov's position is untenable now and despite SC liking him, it's delaying the inevitable. Lets complete what we started......

To add to that David Cross was First Team Coach until he was made redundant around November time.

Dickov also seems to be the key to keeping Baxter, Wabara and possibly re-loaning Derbyshire, SC might see this as the main reason for keeping Dickov for the time being.

A pragmatic approach like that might just be the right one at this stage - but please SC pull the trigger before it is too late!

Frankie Bunn is free now isnt he?

Club legend, ex City, highly thought of and experience in lower league with Dale

not my choice but a possibility mayb?????

He's coaching at Huddersfield, so i don't know what the situation would be with conpensation etc.

As you said, it wouldn't be my choice either but a possibilty and name to throw into the picture.

I've never seen a contract structured like that. Generally a 12-month rolling contract would have a 12-month initial term and renew automatically for successive 12-month periods thereafter, unless terminated.

I've seen it. Didn't Mark Robins have similar?

I'd see a12 month renewable contract as a very different beast to a 12 month rolling contract.

Edited by opinions4u

He's coaching at Huddersfield, so i don't know what the situation would be with conpensation etc.

As you said, it wouldn't be my choice either but a possibilty and name to throw into the picture.

Eyre and Bunn are both coaching - with the youth team(s)? - at Huddersfield.

So SC steps in and sacks PDs chosen team. What does that tell PD?

'Oh, it's not your fault for picking these people and it's not your fault we're crap and going down the crapper faster than a dogdy curry, no not your fault.'

OR, 'this is crap, i can't afford to sack you so i'll put pressure on you by stepping in and sacking your mate and team and, hopefully, you'll get message and do the right thing....'

Of course, SC might be so thick that he doesn't blame PD, but i doubt it. SoD and Hilly are suddenly in the picture. Coincidence? Barnsley being linked to SoD, so that migh not be an option, unless we get there now.

PD could be really thick and not get the message, but i doubt it.

Will he do the right thing? I'd wait for the pay-off.

Either way, taxi for Dickov....

This looks like a positive move to me.

What’s going through Corney’s head regarding Dickov remains to be seen. In 9yrs of keeping us afloat Corney has never shown the slightest enthusiasm for relegation. It would also be unlikely that he has made no preliminary enquiries as to the way forward. I wouldn’t mind betting that Dickov knew what was coming before Saturday. His none contact with the substituted players was completely out of character.

Dickov’s rolling contract will, like a terminal contract, have clauses and conditions. It would be fair to say that we are all guessing at what those would be regarding settlement or cancellation.

It will also be no coincidence that this move coincides with the January window. But, will it be Dickov attempting to bring players in?

So SC steps in and sacks PDs chosen team. What does that tell PD?

'Oh, it's not your fault for picking these people and it's not your fault we're crap and going down the crapper faster than a dogdy curry, no not your fault.'

OR, 'this is crap, i can't afford to sack you so i'll put pressure on you by stepping in and sacking your mate and team and, hopefully, you'll get message and do the right thing....'

Of course, SC might be so thick that he doesn't blame PD, but i doubt it. SoD and Hilly are suddenly in the picture. Coincidence? Barnsley being linked to SoD, so that migh not be an option, unless we get there now.

PD could be really thick and not get the message, but i doubt it.

Will he do the right thing? I'd wait for the pay-off.

Either way, taxi for Dickov....

SOD would be a real catch for Barnsley, if thats right then there is no chance of him being at BP

We don't need a director of football (whatever the hell that is at league one level) i think we need a new coach with fresh ideas,a different voice not just 'one of the boys' maybe the players have just heard what dux/taggart have to say too many times and are obviously not responding.

Corney obviously thinks PD is the one and he's shown he can do it at times. His good points are probably worth sticking with, so if an experienced no.2 can cut out the things that he's not so good at then we could be onto a winner. Whoever we get in is important as a new manager would be.

Bold move, let's see if it works. Abd will PD choose the new team?

Take the football out of it and this is a boss of a privately owned business restructuring staff whilst leaving the general manager in charge of day-to-day activities. Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. Hopefully it will be a positive step and results will start to pick up.

I've seen it. Didn't Mark Robins have similar?

I'd see a12 month renewable contract as a very different beast to a 12 month rolling contract.

Aren't you then essentially saying it's an evergreen term with a 12-month notice period? I'm not saying that's not how PD's contract works, though. And if it is structured in that way, it'll cost us the same amount to get rid of him, regardless of when we do it.

Hardly ideal preparation for the Forest game - I'd have given them until after that match, because they do tend to play well when the absolutely need to.

Can't see this working - it should be the manager's choice who his backroom staff are, but it looks like this decision will be taken out of his hands. When Dickov first got the job, I remember him saying how important it is that he trusts his assistant - if someone he hardly knows come in, he's not going to be happy.

Something did have to be done, though..

Aren't you then essentially saying it's an evergreen term with a 12-month notice period? I'm not saying that's not how PD's contract works, though. And if it is structured in that way, it'll cost us the same amount to get rid of him, regardless of when we do it.

Exactly.

In the short term world of football it favours the incumbent. You could argue that such a set up encourages long termism, and at the time of appointment it probably seemed like a good idea.

The main advantage for Latics is that there is a known and fixed cost of termination.

(Again, this assumes my interpretation of "12 month rolling contract" is correct for PD - I haven't seen it and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the term has been used incorrectly)