I think its our hearts believing he will stay, but i cant see it.

have you ever played footie with people who are compartively :censored: to yourself?, they dont read passes, dont make runs, dont choose the right option, its so frustrating, and thats not to mention things like wages, security etc.

if we were top half its possible, but this lad should be no where near a relegation scrap to avoid league 2

Cheers Jose , all the best !

I think its our hearts believing he will stay, but i cant see it.

have you ever played footie with people who are compartively :censored: to yourself?, they dont read passes, dont make runs, dont choose the right option, its so frustrating, and thats not to mention things like wages, security etc.

if we were top half its possible, but this lad should be no where near a relegation scrap to avoid league 2

Cheers Jose , all the best !

And Byrne is giving him the 'Big Up' too:

http://www.oldhamath...ter-575611.aspx

Bottom line is that he has the potential to be a top player but... he needs to improve his speed of movement and his touch - that will come if he applies himself and that will come more quickly at a higher level than at the one we play at - I wish him all the best and would be stunned if he did stay.

Edited by TheBigDog

In October before the Orient game I was speaking to Ray Mathias on the car park and with him being an ex manager of Wigan and Tranmere I asked him what brought him to Boundary Park.He told me that he was doing some scouting for Leeds and I politely asked him to keep his eyes off Jose,to which he replied "No thanks,I`ve seen a lot of this lad at Tranmere and he`s not championship quality in my opinion".Well I think he is a tremendous prospect with some glorious,almost Sheridan like touches,and with the right people behind him who knows how far he can go.

lol he was obviously a mate of Postman Mat....re Taiwo. as he wasnt offered a deal which he thought he would be offered. BBs dad clearly teasing said fan as they do.

Although being told Mental is off to Bolton or Leeds. Not Baxter.

Who's Mental?

In October before the Orient game I was speaking to Ray Mathias on the car park and with him being an ex manager of Wigan and Tranmere I asked him what brought him to Boundary Park.He told me that he was doing some scouting for Leeds and I politely asked him to keep his eyes off Jose,to which he replied "No thanks,I`ve seen a lot of this lad at Tranmere and he`s not championship quality in my opinion".Well I think he is a tremendous prospect with some glorious,almost Sheridan like touches,and with the right people behind him who knows how far he can go.

Dickov could do worse than appoint Mathias as his assistant.

Even if he isn't always right!

I really hope Baxter signs for us as I see a great talent.

I also really see a lad who needs to track back when tackled sometimes, sorry to upset the massive but he has to learn to muck in when we are where we are (#cant just blame everyone around him).

I also really see a lad who needs to track back when tackled sometimes, sorry to upset the massive but he has to learn to muck in when we are where we are (#cant just blame everyone around him).

I agree....up to a point.

If he's not capable of getting his fitness levels up to where they need to be to go balls out for 90 minutes, I'd rather he conserved his energy for the final third.

I know expecting players to be more all-round in their abilities is fairly typical now, but I wish it wasn't that way. You end up with teams gravitating to Paul Warnes (magnificent effort and a player everyone liked for his workrate, but hardly the most exciting player to watch) rather than Matt Le Tissiers. I'd hate to lose the lazy genius characters. (Not that Baxter is quite up there, but I hope you know where I'm coming from.)

Spot on ....

Its a balance within the team every team needs a Duxbury, Warne, Milligan but without the skills/creativity player that brings a smile to your face with memories like Groves, Stainrod, Jobson, Palmer, Ritchie, Irwin who just have that football brain with skill to make a difference football is dull and crowds fizzle away..... that clip of Mathews playing at BP shows how football has changed to all high energy with less tricks. Baxter has the extra time that could one day make him a top player age on side hope he recognises that playing every week at a club like latics can only benefit him long term. Taking the money short term can backfire badly. Hope Jose has learned that bench warming is not good.

In addition .....will the real Robbie Simpson put in an appearance. please.

When I read about Robbie last year it appeared that he was suffering the effects of a family illness/ tradegy. His form maybe linked to this, If so I hope the club are ripping up trees for him.