Is anyone concerned we won't sell out?

The cost of the tickets is an issue to some, especially the concessionary price -= note it's not just kids paying over the odds it's OAPs and Students too.

ST Holders can only get a ticket each, meaning that their mates they go with will have to queue separately which is no biggy imo but the fact that groups that go together unless they are all ST holders, voucher holders or pay on the dayers means that they will be sat away from their mates/family/kids…...

There are a few mumblings of discontent and I wonder if this could actually affect the attendance, especially given that the game is live on TV and that may well sway a lot of the day-trippers and stay aways….

For what it's worth I think we will sell out and then some, but bearing in mind we couldn't sell out a Play Off semi-final (twice in '02 and '07)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, 4.00 pm on a Sunday with a significant number of supporters living at distance, no facility to buy through the post and many others watching the pennies, woodwork supporters looking for a reason to not bother, i think it will be touch and go.

Edited by bigfatjoe1

The cost of the tickets is an issue to some, especially the concessionary price -= note it's not just kids paying over the odds it's OAPs and Students too.

ST Holders can only get a ticket each, meaning that their mates they go with will have to queue separately which is no biggy imo but the fact that groups that go together unless they are all ST holders, voucher holders or pay on the dayers means that they will be sat away from their mates/family/kids…...

There are a few mumblings of discontent and I wonder if this could actually affect the attendance, especially given that the game is live on TV and that may well sway a lot of the day-trippers and stay aways….

For what it's worth I think we will sell out and then some, but bearing in mind we couldn't sell out a Play Off semi-final (twice in '02 and '07)

Student here. Frankly I haven't though at all about the price as the game is more than worth that for me (don't forget that we've just had our Student Finance payments, we can delude ourselves that we can actually afford stuff for about a month ;-) ) - all I care about is my chances of actually getting a ticket given that I'm obviously not a ST holder and that I can't make it on Saturday...

Edited by JoeLatics

Actually, 4.00 pm on a Sunday with a significant number of supporters living at distance, no facility to buy through the post and many others watching the pennies, woodwork supporters looking for a reason to not bother, i think it will be touch and go.

Wrong reply.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

There are a few mumblings of discontent

If we've proven nothing else on this board the last few days, there always would have been! It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few left over, there always are. I think the club have made about the best they could out of a difficult hand. With TV money there it's the right call to give locals the chance to get along and support.

Student here. Frankly I haven't though at all about the price as the game is more than worth that for me (don't forget that we've just had our Student Finance payments, we can delude ourselves that we can actually afford stuff for about a month ;-) ) - all I care about is my chances of actually getting a ticket given that I'm obviously not a ST holder and that I can't make it on Saturday...

I would be amazed if there weren't still loads of tickets left when they go on general sale.

What's capacity these days ? 10,500? If scousers are getting 3k then it leaves 7,500 for us. I think it will easy sell out.

QPR 02 was a bit of a farce IIRC as QPR given whole RRE but then sent small section back pretty late on after many had given up.

Oldham City in FAC 2005 was a virtual sell out at over 13k. Granted City usually have a few in our ends.

It might have helped if the match was on ESPN rather than ITV, but we still should be able to sell out a tie against one of the biggest names in English football. I'm old enough to remember the glory years, but for a lot of younger Latics fans this is a rare opportunity to watch a Premier League club in the flesh. In many cases the players will only be a matter of a few yards away!

As for the £25 ticket price, I'm fine with that. Liverpool's concessions, apart from juniors, are 75% of the full price, so I think £20 concession ticket is a little steep. However, you could argue that juniors could have got a ST for £10. £30 for a ST and a top cup game is reasonable. A bit tough on pensioners though.

However, I don't blame the club for attempting to maximise revenue. After all, the club is skint!

I wonder if they'll hold back selling tickets for the smaller section of the RRE to see how tickets sales go in Liverpool and Oldham? Maybe the early birds tomorrow can let us know!

As always, I'll be there.

:ktf:

oafc1955 - ST holders normally buy a ticket for their usual seat.

Edited by Mark59

Have considered it myself.. Me and the lil bro are ST holders, but older bro and dad ain't. If it was 2 tickets for ST we would of obviously sorted them out. So they've decided to watch it on tv rather than queing, the lil bro wants to watch it with his dad, so I'll be on my bill...

.. But nahhh.. I'm going! Can't miss it can I!

The concession price is pretty obscene. And the one ticket per person will definitely make it more of struggle to sell out, especially given that it's on tv. But it would be desperately embarrassing for the club not to sell out three stands for a game against Liverpool.

No buying via phone or online or post.

How do fans who live far away feel about this, 1 x round trip for Brentford, 1 x round trip to queue, 1 x round trip for the match - are Latics in the 21st century yet - answers on the back of a postage stamp please.

Hope my old man's alarm clock is working... And feel for people without family or friends in the area or old mates who go regularly who might struggle to sort something out.

1.) I don't think there was a student discount at Anfield as I would have had it. So students should be getting in cheaper.

2.) A lot of kids might have had spending money over Xmas which they can use, something I don't think they could have done last year.

3.) £20 for OAPs is steep but I reckon a few OAPs regulars either didn't go to Anfield or had someone spoiling their view, so those who did might be very keen to go.

4.) £25 is a bit exploitative for adults but it's only £2 more than adults had to pay to see us in the 9 cat A games last season. Which is peanuts in comparison with the extra quality of player on show.

5.) Beating Liverpool and knocking them out will be one of our best ever games £25/£20 for that isn't a huge amount of money.

6.) Depending on how Liverpool play it for their allocation I can see a few Liverpool fans sneaking into our ends.

7.) As the club only give the players 2 seats usually I can see a few players, Jose in particular, wanting a lot more than that, plus the likes of Taylor and Lee. After all Reuben was at Anfield.

As you can see I think we will sell out but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't given the prices and all the extra palaver. It will be a lot easier to tell after the Brentford game.