Baxter hopes "fading"

Well according to the MEN , Baxter reckons that 3 championship sides are chasing him BUT also reckons as he has never done a full season playing before it would do him no harm to stay at Latics to get that under his belt.

Said he will be speaking to PD and his agent after Saturday !!!

Sounds a little bit of hope there ???

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In today's rarely-wrong Chron Jose refers to the Liverpool match:

"Being a Liverpool fan, I saw the draw and thought 'here we go'," admitted the 20-year-old.

"It has made me want to stay — which is why I am not sure what is going to happen just yet.

"I’ve never had a full year of games, so it would do me no harm staying here.

"After Saturday's game, I will speak to the gaffer and speak to my agent and see what is happening. I have had three or four offers, but if it is to move away and not play I would rather stay here, play games and get that season behind me.

http://www.oldham-ch...latics-main-man

Best case scenario we get him to stay until June,worst case scenario he leaves after Brentford = He leaves and we get jack :censored: in return....move on and get on with it!!

I'd rather he went now if his only reasons for staying were to play against the scousers and 'get a full season's fitness' under his belt.....cheers Jose and adios my son!!

You say no one knows, so how do you know? I know some full backs who don't know what it's like to score a goal? Doing well at a big meeting in work or training session will have a similar affect for some people because the body will react in a similar way. In fact some of my colleagues have done speeches in front of 1,000's and have been cheered as if they have scored a goal.

No they haven't.

IF he signs to the end of the season then our claim for compo will be far stronger.

On the scrap heap with no club, one season with us and he is probably the biggest talent in league one and would easily play in the champ if not bench for a :censored:e prem side. Not sure we'd get much if he went now but can see us getting a decent figure if he is here till summer.

IF he signs any longer than till the end of the season I still see him leaving during the summer. Seems a decent lad, I think he will help the club a little if he can.

If I was his dad, Id be teliing him to sign for the rest of the season.

Last thing he wants is more change, he's in a routine and playing some excellent stuff. He seems settled, the club's looking after him.

Give him better terms he keeps us up and he leaves for a fee at the end of the season, which helps us.

His talent will there be at the end of the season 15 weeks unitl the end of the season is a drop in the ocean in the footballing world.