Chron: This can’t go on any longer

Back him, sack him, none of it matters. Deckchairs on the Titanic time, if we were flying high in the league and this weekend's match was a normal league game we would still struggle to get more than 5000 through the gates.

The fans will not come flooding back to watch 3rd division football when they can see top flight football from any league in the world from the comfort of their armchair.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we keep Dickov we are going to need new players to keep us up.

If we replace Dickov we are going to need new players because the new manager won't fancy half of them anyway and secondley because any manager worth his salt will realise they need to bring in a few heads to make changes.

Never have we been fed such utter rubbish as this is the best squad weve have had in years it isn't! 2-3 new faces would be all thats required to make a big difference to this team. Its just a case of how much faith in Dickov Corney has.

Over to you Simon!

first post on here normally just read through. for me dickov has no sense of tatics at all. saturday for instance we had big matt smith up front and apart from the ball in where he scored not one other decent ball was played in all game. its ridiculas all us fans and probably stevie wonder can see the blatent errors dickov out!!! imo if we go down once we will be the next luton stockport etc

It is fair to say that a good proportion of us have thought the squad is good enough to at least stay up. The problem is the coaching and the tactics.

The real problem however is that in order to sack PD SC has to find some money. I can't see the owners taking the loss that a change of ownership would require nor are they going to give SC any more money. They might have decided that the land is worth more than the football club and that this is the only way they can get their money back which would mean goodbye to Boundary Park. I would like to think, I do think, Simon is battling to avoid this but where is the money going to come from?

The problem is not Simon it is the lack of money. They new stand might be on hold because it will make it impossible to knock down the ground.

Edited by Hands on

Anyone (and there werent many of us there) who saw the debacle at Yeovil will have known that Dickov should have resigned on the spot after that total shambles.

He should have been sacked after the Crewe game without a shadow of a doubt.

Agreed, I was foolish enough to attend and it was awful.

I have always gone to a game since i left and dispite the result said I miss that if I was back up north I would be there week in week out. after that shambles I have seen what others have preached on here I couldn't hand on heart say I would and I'm looking at moving back soon,, hope they restore my faith soon! Cos I don't want to lose what I had good or bad and another staunch fan lost.

Back him, sack him, none of it matters. Deckchairs on the Titanic time, if we were flying high in the league and this weekend's match was a normal league game we would still struggle to get more than 5000 through the gates.

The fans will not come flooding back to watch 3rd division football when they can see top flight football from any league in the world from the comfort of their armchair.

Shall we fold the club up now then?

People have been predicting the club's demise for years. Still here, though....

But if Simon has no money, he should look to get someone in who has, or put the club up for sale at a sensible price.

If he truly wanted the best for the club this is what he would do, but instead we slip further backwards. Yet to some he can do no wrong and is still beyond reproach. Any other club and they'd be burning effigies over how this club is being run into the ground.

Hmmm. Very interesting article from Matt there. Surprised he decided to go to print with it, as I cant help but think the club wont be too happy with it.

I think i've made my views clear. PD has to go. Heck; he should have gone long ago. If he doesnt; we're going down iMo.

I just cant help wonder if there is one heck of contract clause in PD's deal with us; or whether he has some sort of financial stake in the club (like is he a silent invester?)

I just feel thst the decision to keep him, when the rest of his backroom team have been sacked, has to be a financial one. If it was results based or tactics based - in that Corney thinks PD will suddenly come good on thise fronts; then quite simply Corney's lost the plot.

PD out. He has to be sacked asap; otherwise we're fecked.

Can someone tell me what a sensible price would be for the club? I think I could pay what it's worth, and I am thinking of going on the game to get me through to payday.

With £6m in debt?

My bank charges more each day for an overdraft than Latics is worth.

Edited by opinions4u

Hmmm. Very interesting article from Matt there. Surprised he decided to go to print with it, as I cant help but think the club wont be too happy with it.

I think i've made my views clear. PD has to go. Heck; he should have gone long ago. If he doesnt; we're going down iMo.

I just cant help wonder if there is one heck of contract clause in PD's deal with us; or whether he has some sort of financial stake in the club (like is he a silent invester?)

I just feel thst the decision to keep him, when the rest of his backroom team have been sacked, has to be a financial one. If it was results based or tactics based - in that Corney thinks PD will suddenly come good on thise fronts; then quite simply Corney's lost the plot.

PD out. He has to be sacked asap; otherwise we're fecked.

I suggested this, and i've heard a whisper of others thinking the same

I'm sure the club will be around in some form or another but similar size clubs to us have ended up in non league in recent years. Judging by the lack of investment, the crumbling ground and the dwindling fan base I know what I would bet on. Doesn't matter who the Manager is any more.

Maybe these clubs just held on to their failing manager longer than they should have done!

You don't have to be a genius to work out the bigger picture for clubs like Latics isn't pretty, but there's nothing the club can do about that.

All the club can do is make the right decisions that are within their control, which is why it is imperative we have a manger who can get the best out of his players.

If he truly wanted the best for the club this is what he would do, but instead we slip further backwards. Yet to some he can do no wrong and is still beyond reproach. Any other club and they'd be burning effigies over how this club is being run into the ground.

It's not his to sell though, is it? Anyone who thinks the other 'Amigos' (the ones with the money) aren't still sitting in the background is deluded. Corney's their puppet and not a lot more.

I suggested this, and i've heard a whisper of others thinking the same

I really do wonder. Is this 1 year rolling deal loaded with clauses?

If Corney still believes PD has it in him to turn this around, then worried isnt strong enough a word.

Whatever the financials are involved in sacking him - surely relegation and then subsequent stagnation in League Two would be far, far worse for the club & his pocket?

He has to go. I'm amazed he hasn't already.

I really do wonder. Is this 1 year rolling deal loaded with clauses?

If Corney still believes PD has it in him to turn this around, then worried isnt strong enough a word.

Whatever the financials are involved in sacking him - surely relegation and then subsequent stagnation in League Two would be far, far worse for the club & his pocket?

He has to go. I'm amazed he hasn't already.

Couldn't agree more.

It's not his to sell though, is it? Anyone who thinks the other 'Amigos' (the ones with the money) aren't still sitting in the background is deluded. Corney's their puppet and not a lot more.

You know that and I and others know that, yet the majority are still in denial Stevie….

I'm glad that people are finally beginning to ask questions. I wanted him and his mates out way back in the Autumn of 2009 when it was clear the direction we were heading in, poor squad with loanees to fill the gaps now we have loanees with a poor squad to fill the gaps….

Edited by oafcprozac