BARRY/IAN/SIMON

Fair play suggests we should get a new assistant manager appointed and let that settle.

But if results improve with a new assistant, Dickov is completely undermined. It's improvement because of the new man. So the new man may as well be manager.

Dickov's position is untenable.

Paul Dickov cannot come out of this looking good. For his own sake, he has to go.

Edited by opinions4u

Interesting Stats from the past... Managers last 8 games before the sack...

Sheridans - DWDLWDLL

Penney's - WLWDWDDL

Dickovs - LLLLDLLL

Take what you want from those...

Dickov Out!

What were Talbot and Ronnie's stats ?

Sheridans - DWDLWDLL

Penney's - WLWDWDDL

Dickovs - LLLLDLLL

Dickov Out!

It's not just this run, it's that every season he's had in charge we've had a run similar to this. The difference this season being that we haven't got the points in the bag to get away with it.

Sheridans - DWDLWDLL

Penney's - WLWDWDDL

Dickovs - LLLLDLLL

Dickov Out!

Ridiculous to compare as all were in different situations... 8 straight losses at the end of the season when already mathematically safe but no chance of Play Offs wouldn't mean too much whilst the run we're on now does!

Ridiculous to compare as all were in different situations... 8 straight losses at the end of the season when already mathematically safe but no chance of Play Offs wouldn't mean too much whilst the run we're on now does!

Not exactly ridiculous to compare at all - basing it on 8 games is perfectly acceptable, especially the Penney one.

Sheridan is even better to compare to as we were safe as you say, the manager still lost his job.

So why so patience with Dickov?

Not exactly ridiculous to compare at all - basing it on 8 games is perfectly acceptable, especially the Penney one.

Sheridan is even better to compare to as we were safe as you say, the manager still lost his job.

Don't get me wrong I think it's sadly time for Paul to go - but just comparing the short term runs of form is silly - the context has to be taken into account. A team that had been flying high all season expecting promotion which suddenly hit a run with 10 points in 24 would be looking at sacking their manager whereas we'd be sitting comfortably in mid table off that run.

Edited by JoeLatics

Because back then we could afford to sack shez, but now we have no money? So we are stuck with the current situation, until money comes in from new investment or new ownership. Cost! Its the only logical explanation.

I'm by no means a proponent, however perhaps Corney won't listen to pig:censored: fans anymore.

To be fair, he listened to most about Moore, and everyone (inc SC) recognises that was hasty.

No one inc PD can accuse SC of not backing PD.

Theres no way he can sack him before Liverpool, and it would be just wrong to do so

I reckon that SC is delaying any decision to see if PD can bring in Derbyshire or somebody similar.

One thing PD is good at is being able to persuade players to come.

If SC gets rid now then we probably wouldn't have a manager in charge quick enough to bring anybody in before the deadline.

I reckon PD will bring a forward in and then SC will give him the next 2 games after Liverpool to turn things around.

IF not then it's goodbye and thanks PD.

I reckon that SC is delaying any decision to see if PD can bring in Derbyshire or somebody similar.

If SC gets rid now then we probably wouldn't have a manager in charge quick enough to bring anybody in before the deadline.

I reckon PD will bring a forward in and then SC will give him the next 2 games after Liverpool to turn things around.

Any potential new manager worth his salt will already have our squad assessed and will know what areas he wants to strengthen, up to Corney or whoever is funding the club to decide if they give him the cash to do so.

Dickov said last night that he isn't aloud to bring in any new players so it looks like the fa cup money has gone into a black hole.

Dickov said last night that he isn't aloud to bring in any new players so it looks like the fa cup money has gone into a black hole.

Then if SC knows that then PD should go now otherwise we are in league 2 next year and the decline is in full flow !!!!

Money, money, money - he ain't got no money! No money to sack him. No money for players. Or is it the sack on the 28th with a new man lined up and ready to come in and grab a couple of players before the window closes. Lets hope it is the latter or down, down, down we go!

I cant go with this "Corney isn't backing Dickov" any more.

He has brought 50 players in.................all his own choice.

If you kept giving your missus the house keeping and she fills your house with useless :censored:, there has to be a point where you tell her no more!

He built his "strongest squad ever" this season and now its all going tits up he wants more

He needs more TBH but I dont blame SC for not giving him the money, can he be trusted

He has brought in some talented lads but they are simply not performing!

regarding players, If Derbyshire does not come back what is the scope for another striker, Do we wait another 5 weeks to loan someone else or is it a hard NO? we wont make any permanent signing this window and we genearlly wait for the loan wondow to open again

5 or 6 more league games with this current line up will be the end, no way back

Edited by palmer1