Blackpool nick another loanee

I'm cautiously optimistic about Brown, he's done well on the occasions I've seen him play but I'm not expecting him to be very consistent just yet. He's still only 19 and hasn't had a full professional season yet.

He's actually not long turned 21 but yes it's his first pro year. If he's given the chance to have a good run of say 10 consecutive games and not dropped if he makes couple if mistakes he will come good.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it it was Smith and (alas) Jones who won us the game - the Wabara cross for the second was so bad Jones lost concentration and spilled it to the ever mobile Croft who looked up and passed the ball to Smith for the tap in. Wabara can't cross and can't defend - more goals conceded from crosses from the right back than from the left. He did score the third goal so good on him but we will not miss him. I would rather have a more experienced loan player at right back who is interested in playing in league 1 or our own player as Wabara had no interest in this. Happy he stayed and happy he has now gone. I wish him well.

• 1 month later...

Reece WabaraVerified account@ReeceWabara2 hrs

Enough is enough

couple of hours ago, city not happy apparantly, could a return be on the cards ?

Can't drop Brown, he's been doing fine.

Edited by BP1960

Can't drop Brown, he's been doing fine.

Wabara wont be back but of course we could drop Brown

:censored:e at Walsall, :censored:e at Everton and OK in the other games, nothing special about the lad IMO

Having said that, we will not be bringing in a right back so he will be playing and has a chance to make the spot his own.

Reece WabaraVerified account@ReeceWabara2 hrs

Enough is enough

couple of hours ago, city not happy apparantly, could a return be on the cards ?

Why are our supporters so obsessed with him? He's one of many that we've had on loan yet seems to be singled out for special treatment in terms of reports on his sitting on the bench at Blackpool and people mithering on Twitter for his return despite Connor Brown being more that adequate based on his last few games. Maybe more than the poster above found him to be the 'hottest' player we had?

be fair boys brown is young and is improving.

serves wabara right. he could have had 2 games against everton but at least he has his name carved on the bench.lol

Maybe more to do with agents pushing him.

so Man City, where would you rather your young right back prospect play for the rest of the season?"

at Championship club in the north west such as Blackpool who in January still had a hope of the play offs?

or

at a League 1 club who hadnt won in 10 games until a cup shock against Liverpool who are struggleing for survival?

I dont think RW would have had too much of a say

so Man City, where would you rather your young right back prospect play for the rest of the season?"

at Championship club in the north west such as Blackpool who in January still had a hope of the play offs?

or

at a League 1 club who hadnt won in 10 games until a cup shock against Liverpool who are struggleing for survival?

This.^

Reece would almost certainly have been 'advised' to go to Blackpool.

Would have him back definitely.

or

So your telling me he had no say in what club to join, doubt that very much.

I would city aren't best pleased that he's warming bench.