Connor Brown?

Unlike many on here I will bide my time and wait and see before I cast my judgement about how good Brown is or whether he is as good as Wabara is.

I think it's an unfair comparison when Wabara has played 25 games and Brown has played 8 so we haven't really seen what he can do.

As for Wabara, he seems to have become the messiah since Sunday's goal versus Liverpool but for me it was a long awaited decent performance because Forest aside he has been shocking defensively of recent.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wabara was a cut above this division, we will miss what he had to offer going forward, that being said with a few more games under his belt brown will perfect for stopping the crosses coming in but we will have to rely on the midfielders to do the work on the planks... We need to get the goals in early as possible and defend the lead to avoid the drop to league2

Brown has taken time to warm into games and usually dropped a clanger early in the game and then gone from strength to strength. I think it was the Preston game when Wabara had to move to CB and Brown was brought on although I'm happy to be corrected but Brown had a bloody nightmare but then steadied.

Hopefully with the chance to get some games under his belt he can iron this out of his game and be 100% switched on from kick off. When we signed him it was a bit of a coup as he was highly rated by Sheff Utd but they had other RBs ahead of him and there was the unpleasantness on twitter.

He isn't going to be a world beater yet but with time and games he will be a good RB for us in our position.

Not really a ridiculous comparison. Warbara is miles better than Brown, just like Eardley is miles better than Lomax.

I'm assuming you've actually 'seen' both of them in enough games this season to make that remark Patrick? :peepwall:

Edited by danoafc

The annoying thing is in Brown I think we have a half decent little player who is young and will improve, his contract is up in the summer I believe and if he aint given a fair chance and is offered a deal elsewhere he could go which be a real shame

Really hope he gets the start he deserves tomorrow rather than playing someone out of postion there

Wabarra is bigger and quicker and no matter how many games he plays brown will not develop in those areas......Furman, wes, Murray, brown and croft....all we are short of is Snow White

It was his haircut that made him bigger.

Have you never heard the saying "its not the size its what you do with it

Brown has taken time to warm into games and usually dropped a clanger early in the game and then gone from strength to strength. I think it was the Preston game when Wabara had to move to CB and Brown was brought on although I'm happy to be corrected but Brown had a bloody nightmare but then steadied.

this is what I meant! but was very good away at Portsmouth.

cb had a nervous start against Donny and then seemed to grow in confidence. needs games. have we got time?

biggest issue - we still need defensive cover/competition. looking good everywhere else. wish we'd had this squad at the start of the season, but we still need at least one more defender. it's a squad game but we have only two full-backs, two experienced centre-backs, one kid trying to step up and one more untried centre-back.

some great signings this week, but we need more. crofty joining on a 'permanent' contract frees up space.

PD's had a great week. keep it up!

Dan, the games I've been to, Warbara has always stood out as a class act in our side (Crewe, Scunny, Forest and Liverpool spring to mind).

I'm not saying Brown is a bad player, but Warbara is head and shoulders above our level.

Funny that you pick the games that we've won or performed well in.

He's a good player when the rest of your players are performing well but when you're scrapping for a result he is a liability. So many times he's been out of position when we need him there, he's been loose on wingers when they're crossing, he's been underwhelming attackingly.

I don't want to say that he's not a good player, I'm not forgetting he's just turned 21 but he is not the class act in our side, not even our defence; Grounds is superior to him.

At least Brown does the job that his position requires. He's not spectacular but he's effective. Contrasting with Wabara, where this can be his downfall. Head and shoulders is a massive exaggeration.

Dan, the games I've been to, Warbara has always stood out as a class act in our side (Crewe, Scunny, Forest and Liverpool spring to mind).

I'm not saying Brown is a bad player, but Warbara is head and shoulders above our level.

You've not been enough games then sir.

He might make a Championship player in time if he learns the art of defending.

Was bad defensively?

That puts him on a par with Wabara then.

Nope it does not New Blue

Wabara is on the books of a premiership club and playing at a championship club, not on a par at all

Brown was give a chance today in league 1 and looks like he was :censored:, I will give him more gameslike I have said previously but you can no longer use Wabara in the argument, he doenst play for us anymore which is whay you wanted.

Judge Brown on his own now he is playing please

Edited by palmer1

Playing a loanee for 3/4 of the season hasn't helped his progression....I've no doubt he can be a good player but we are deep in the :censored: and there is too much at stake to expect a young player to come in and perform.

Because of our league position we have never been comfortable enough in matches to have given him any game time.

In hindsight I don't think we could be any worse off if we had played Smith and Brown all season instead of Derbyshire and Wabara.