OWTB.co.uk Needs You!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Donation sent. Thanks for the great site. For Latics like me living abroad, it is my main source of news and opinions on Latics.

Much appreciated, as are everyone else's donations. The appointment of LJ and the relegation dogfight have certainly kept things busy (i.e. expensive!) around here.

Is that an appeal for a little extra.?

If people want to donate, it would be very welcome and would help us manage ongoing costs, which as we've mentioned have increased very significantly in recent months. I don't want to keep waving the begging bowl though and we really need to come up with a long term plan for covering costs. Getting around to working on that, on top of everything else we have on between the lot of us, can be difficult though!

If there's anyone out there interested in additional sponsorship of the site or advertising, please get in touch with one of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm bumping this topic, as we find ourselves at something of a crossroads. Many of you will have noticed that the site went down for a while today. The situation is this: the very generous donations of our members have kept OWTB going through 2013 but, after paying this month's invoice, the well has completely run dry.

My motivation for posting this is not to appeal for donations but to provide some transparency as to the situation we find ourselves in. Clearly, something has to happen to keep OWTB going in its current form or we have to look at cost-cutting options. Sadly, none of us are flush enough to fund it our of own pocket on an ongoing basis (I have three kids, so there's no hope for me on that front).

If you would like to sponsor OWTB, or know someone who might want to, please get in touch with any of the Admin team. We would be happy to discuss what form that sponsorship might take.

In any case, we hope to maintain, or even improve, the quality of the site in the future and rest assured that OWTB won't be going anywhere if we can help it.

Can we setup a scheme where we can pay a certain amount to have a user of choice silenced for a period of time (and their IP address blocked to prevent a new account).

£10 for a day

£50 for a week

£100 a month

Something like that?

That'd be ace.

Can we setup a scheme where we can pay a certain amount to have a user of choice silenced for a period of time (and their IP address blocked to prevent a new account).

£10 for a day

£50 for a week

£100 a month

Something like that?

That'd be ace.

Oooooo that's evil....I like it.....as long as it's not me whose banned. No seriously. Admin chaps how much are we looking at money wise to keep this site going on a monthly basis.

Similar to oafcmetty suggestion, is it feasible to arrange a monthly direct debit/ standing order? I could start contributing from the end of this month onwards.

Keep up the good work too

Oooooo that's evil....I like it.....as long as it's not me whose banned. No seriously. Admin chaps how much are we looking at money wise to keep this site going on a monthly basis.

Similar to oafcmetty suggestion, is it feasible to arrange a monthly direct debit/ standing order? I could start contributing from the end of this month onwards.

Keep up the good work too

Cheers. We're looking at all sorts of options and certainly one of them is setting up a bank a/c that people can pay into by standing order.

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this topic, as we find ourselves at something of a crossroads. Many of you will have noticed that the site went down for a while today. The situation is this: the very generous donations of our members have kept OWTB going through 2013 but, after paying this month's invoice, the well has completely run dry.

My motivation for posting this is not to appeal for donations but to provide some transparency as to the situation we find ourselves in. Clearly, something has to happen to keep OWTB going in its current form or we have to look at cost-cutting options. Sadly, none of us are flush enough to fund it our of own pocket on an ongoing basis (I have three kids, so there's no hope for me on that front).

If you would like to sponsor OWTB, or know someone who might want to, please get in touch with any of the Admin team. We would be happy to discuss what form that sponsorship might take.

In any case, we hope to maintain, or even improve, the quality of the site in the future and rest assured that OWTB won't be going anywhere if we can help it.

Is there not a way of anyone contacting the club for some money. Ie becoming the fishal oafc message board?

Is there not a way of anyone contacting the club for some money. Ie becoming the fishal oafc message board?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you - and thanks for the idea by the way, it's just that - we was, but we rarely "toed the company line". There's bias, and then there's bias.