Who next then?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that Harbin wants to move back over here recently. Dowie for me until the end of the season, one thing he will kick is kick this squad of pussies arses, even if he failed at least we'd fail with half of these no marks being beasted into the ground. The squad is good enough to be nowhere near trouble. The one constant was the manager, but the players need to stand up to the plate. So called experienced pros Byrne and Wes were a :censored:ing disgrace yesterday...the players not the fans have got the manager the sack this time. Until Christmas the fans were right behind Dickov, to win at Forest and beat Liverpool yet not win in 9 league games is a :censored:ing disgrace....

Edited by oafcprozac

We need a manager that's on a contract until the end of the season with the aim of League 1 survival and if they succeed the longer term can then be looked at and which direction we want to go in.

Dowie would be a good appointment as an intrim manager, although there's also names such as Reid and Horton that could come in and whip us into shape.

In the longer term - personally, i'd like to see Mellon, Barmby, Thompson from Blackpool - again another younger manager with fresher ideas. I just feel if we're in league 1, we have got to go for it again with a younger manager, it worked for Dickov in his first 6 months, but then our usual Jan onwards blip.

Younger man with an experienced head behind him to guide him in the right direction.

Heard that Harbin wants to move back over here recently. Dowie for me until the end of the season, one thing he will kick is kick this squad of pussies arses, even if he failed at least we'd fail with half of these no marks being beasted into the ground. The squad is good enough to be nowhere near trouble. The one constant was the manager, but the players need to stand up to the plate. So called experienced pros Byrne and Wes were a :censored:ing disgrace yesterday...the players not the fans have got the manager the sack this time. Until Christmas the fans were right behind Dickov, to win at Forest and beat Liverpool yet not win in 9 league games is a :censored:ing disgrace....

What cobblers, Wes worked his bollocks until poor substitutions by our ex manager meant he was trying to cover for 2 other men. The substitutions then meant everything was coming through the middle leaving the CB's exposed, Dickov cost us yesterday and he would have done the same if he hadn't done the decent thing and walked this morning.

Agreed, think that would have been seen as very unprofessional, don't agree either that Wes and Byrne weren't/aren't up for the fight either. Nonsense, the finish for the third incidentally was superb and sometimes you just have to acknowledge that, came from a Bouzanis miskick if anyone's to blame.

Bollocks to that. What we dont need right now are needless suspensions. Thank godness he didnt do what you wanted.

Agreed. One of the biggest, most glaring faults of ours this season has been needless fouls, bookings and suspensions which have cost us crucial goals and crucial points when missing key players. At 1-2 down in the last minute of the game I can't blame anyone for not 'taking one for the team' and miss a game.

Winchester comes off ... we go a wide open 4-1-3-1 and the goal comes straight through the middle. Atrocious management at 1-1 away at an in-form side. Don't get me wrong I like the guy but this weekend he once again proved himself completely inept as a tactician. Could Wes have been more gritty for the goal? potentially yes but he'd have been tackling from behind and 80% to give away a free kick and yellow card. Irrespective of that OR the high quality finish - WTF was he doing on his own in CM - ludicrous management and on a tactical level he was incompetent and in any other occupation would have been sacked long ago. Shame we'll lose his ability to bring in top players but we need someone who can utilise the Baxters, Barnards and Montanos of this world.

Thanks PD and good luck but bye bye.

I would have taken the one match suspension for the 3rd goal though, I know he knew the game the was up but still show some fight FFS

That's about as daft as all those who thought that M'voto being sent off at Crawley was somehow a good thing as he was backing a team mate. Nonsense

I have to admit Wes backed out of few challenges sat and baxter for that matter one in particular was a header he didnt even go up for 2nd half

We are mentally weak thats the issue but needless sendings off aint the answer

Byrne as much as I like him aint good enough he is so slow its pathetic at times, play Tarks (admitedly) not biggest fan but give the lad his break he needs to learn and real games will make him learn but tell him just deal with things no pissing around at the back like Stevenage when he headed the ball home short. Everything goes row Z. Make ourselves hard to beat, show some passion and dont go down without a fight, if we can play with the tempo of 1st 30mins saturday we will be fine but players have to take responsibility not hide like seemed to happen to many times this season when things aint going well

We have 16 games left and 9 are at home.

We have to win at least 5 of those 9 thats where the key is so we have to be yeovil or mk dons.

By this time next week we will know our future in terms of 2 home games gone and the new gaffer will be in

Get you arse down BP tomorrow night not for cup vouchers but because the club and this town needs league 1 football

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Baxter's was as bad as that for which David Currie was crucified.

Poor lad, I wondered what had happened to him, I remember him on the end of many crosses, but he didn't deserve that.

Edited by BP1960

Byrne as much as I like him aint good enough he is so slow its pathetic at times, play Tarks (admitedly) not biggest fan but give the lad his break he needs to learn and real games will make him learn but tell him just deal with things no pissing around at the back like Stevenage when he headed the ball home short. Everything goes row Z.

I must say, I can't think of many in world football who Tarky will learn this from any better than Cliff Byrne