Patience the key

There's a youth match tomorrow morning and it wouldn't surprise me to see Philliskirk on the sidelines looking after his young players before heading to BP to deal with the seniors. Of everything that's gone on recently, that he will continue to head up our youth development as an integral part of the club's future has been a major positive.

There's a youth match tomorrow morning and it wouldn't surprise me to see Philliskirk on the sidelines looking after his young players before heading to BP to deal with the seniors. Of everything that's gone on recently, that he will continue to head up our youth development as an integral part of the club's future has been a major positive.

True, and Gerrard should also be kept on as he is doing a good job with coaching the 'keepers. Ultimately, as far as the first-team matches go, they are in a no-win situation...do badly and they get no kudos for it, do well and the new man still comes in, while they get an obligatory pat on the back and then "as you were" into the background again.

They are right, though, the team needs all the vocal support the fans can muster, just as when Moore *spit* shafted the club and left it with a bunch of kids.

http://www.oldhamath...nce-644463.aspx

Are they trying to tell us something?

What does this mean however?

"I will be amazed if there are spells in the game when they are not the dominant team so ask fans to be patient as we will also have to be on the pitch."

Ok, here goes.

Errrrm, get behind the players and don't slag them off!

TP: "We need the backing of fans more than ever at this time."

PG: "Get behind the players if things are not going well on the pitch and it might turn things round."

Start the match like we are the home side instead of sitting back watching what the oppo are doing.

We can't defend for toffee so let's stop trying to be Arsenal circa 1989 and actually get on the front foot and get shots and crosses fizzing at their end of the pitch.

I'm kind of pissed off with the idea that we have to say publicly how good the teams are that we are about to play. When I competed in sports I didn't go through a list of the people that were better than me. I prepared as best I could and believed I could beat them all.

What I think they mean could have been said much more directly. As you, who attend along with me tomorrow will find, it is much easier to make a noise when the team is being positive rather than hiding somewhere on the pitch. Given that we are likely to concede two or more goals is the tactic going to be to try and score three or more?

Not only is

Start the match like we are the home side instead of sitting back watching what the oppo are doing.

We can't defend for toffee so let's stop trying to be Arsenal circa 1989 and actually get on the front foot and get shots and crosses fizzing at their end of the pitch.

As you, who attend along with me tomorrow will find, it is much easier to make a noise when the team is being positive rather than hiding somewhere on the pitch. Given that we are likely to concede two or more goals is the tactic going to be to try and score three or more?

Not only is it better to watch, but we havn't done to bad in the games when we've been set up more to attack and played on the front foot. Crewe, Preston, Sheff Utd, Shrewsbury (2nd Half), Forest (2nd Half) and Liverpool we were the more attacking team in all these games and they were great to watch.

TP: "We need the backing of fans more than ever at this time."

PG: "Get behind the players if things are not going well on the pitch and it might turn things round."

We shouldn't need telling any of that. Such a shame we don't already know.

We shouldn't need telling any of that. Such a shame we don't already know.

But, it's a bit hard to be so lovely, and happy, and positive, and all nice and cheery for the full 90mins, when it's dross being served up week after week.

I'm not saying I'm one to slag off or boo - becuase I'm not - but i do actually understand if / when people do.

The management and the players have to provide a performance that warrants praise from the stands surely?

But, it's a bit hard to be so lovely, and happy, and positive, and all nice and cheery for the full 90mins, when it's dross being served up week after week.

I'm not saying I'm one to slag off or boo - becuase I'm not - but i do actually understand if / when people do.

The management and the players have to provide a performance that warrants praise from the stands surely?

Haha. How very patronising.

I agree it's easier to be positive when things are all great in terms of performance and tactics. But I see it as my role to support my team regardless. They're my team. They need the support.

Not only is it better to watch, but we havn't done to bad in the games when we've been set up more to attack and played on the front foot. Crewe, Preston, Sheff Utd, Shrewsbury (2nd Half), Forest (2nd Half) and Liverpool we were the more attacking team in all these games and they were great to watch.

It's not rocket science, but it may be in future if the favoured rumour is believed.

You're clearly not a superfan sly.

I'm kind of pissed off with the idea that we have to say publicly how good the teams are that we are about to play. When I competed in sports I didn't go through a list of the people that were better than me. I prepared as best I could and believed I could beat them all.

What I think they mean could have been said much more directly. As you, who attend along with me tomorrow will find, it is much easier to make a noise when the team is being positive rather than hiding somewhere on the pitch. Given that we are likely to concede two or more goals is the tactic going to be to try and score three or more?

I once witnessed a team talk by a famous manager before they played one of the top sides in the country, his words were (I have deleted the multitude of expletives).

"They are over rated, I would have none of them in my team, get at them and they will crumble like dust, the keeper is like a rabbit in headlights, the defence posers, the midfield boozed up from last night, and the strikers fairies"

His players went out 10 foot tall, scored in the first minute and went on to win easily.

Edited by BP1960

As we will be turning up yet again to watch this shower I think we can be described as patient.

All sounds a little negative to me , get on the front foot & attack them , we are hopeless playing any other way.

And please drum it into the players not to start playing at 3-15 pm after going 1 nil down defending the Chaddy ,for the umpteenth time this season.

Another league game of us dominating possession & creating nowt chasing a game is not what is needed.

I once witnessed a team talk by a famous manager before they played one of the top sides in the country, his words were (I have deleted the multitude of expletives).

"They are over rated, I would have none of them in my team, get at them and they will crumble like dust, the keeper is like a rabbit in headlights, the defence posers, the midfield boozed up from last night, and the strikers fairies"

His players went out 10 foot tall, scored in the first minute and went on to win easily.

And the manager was...?