What a result !

Did what we needed to do tonight

2nd half much better, Wes made a difference, 2 well taken goals, and Barnard missed a good chance right at the end

Restricted Stevenage to a couple of half chances in th second half

Good solid performance

About 150-200 latics fans at a guess

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think whilst TP gets the deserved praise; i'd also echo BP196's point - PG, Muzza and Cliff all seem to having a real positive impact behind tje scenes. Oh, and Mick Priest too.

They've been thrown a trememdous workload, a team out of form and in the bottom 4, and most are juggling 2 or 3 roles at present. To do what they all have in such a short time frame is exceptional.

Keep this run going and who knows, we could well do Everton in the reply, Wigan in the next round....climb the league table and pull clear of relegation......and all that without a perm managerial appointment. Amzazing stuff really

Top work from TP and the guys

9/4 with sky bet

Get on it

Been here before and it's always the same situation, he don't want it. Never has, unlikely if he ever will.

Need to calm down a bit. He's done a top job but he's 3 games in. We need a long term replacement at some point and his inexperience with the first team might show at any point. No point going overboard after a decent start.

That said, faultless so far and it TP wants it until the end of the season there'd be no grounds for complaint. Glad it's going well for him as he deserves the respect.

Great result. But lets get one thing straight. TP has stated in every single interview that he doesn't want the job. That he's not built to be the manager. That his true purpose in life is to bring through and develop our young players. I feel we should respect that, rather than rabbiting on about "Give him the job, Corney".

I've really love him to do a u-turn and agree to do it for the remainder of the season though. And happily see him return to what he really does best.

Great result again tonight but when I saw all the changes and went 1 0 down I feared the worst. The changes in the second half did the trick and we now need to do the same to Portsmouth on Saturday.

Philliskirk has done really well since PD resigned but I'm not getting carried away, it is usual to get a positive reaction from a new appointment ( except Hudds maybe ha! ha! ) let#'s see how we are in a couple of weeks.

Corney needs a commitment from TP until the end of the season because the longer it drags on another dip in form would be difficult to address.

So far so good and well done to everyone involved!

Love that the Tarky who got the winning goal was a nutured product of Philliskirk's own youth system.

Does the unnattractive job in the youth team and now does the business at the first team level. Absolute legend.

Now show him some respect, as a person, and lessen the burden on his shoulders by appointing some coaches or appoint an interim youth coach.

Great result. But lets get one thing straight. TP has stated in every single interview that he doesn't want the job. That he's not built to be the manager. That his true purpose in life is to bring through and develop our young players. I feel we should respect that, rather than rabbiting on about "Give him the job, Corney".

I've really love him to do a u-turn and agree to do it for the remainder of the season though. And happily see him return to what he really does best.

exactly that. TP doesn't want it and if we're chasing him to change his mind we'll be in a worse position.

what he has done is added a bit of stability from Dickov and a new manager would prefer to take over a team with WDW rather than LLLLDLLLL. Philliskirk will do alright in the short term, and set it up nicely for a new man. Corney just needs to get choosing who he wants!

If we give TP the job until the end of the season then we run the risk of leaving ourselves backed into a corner because if things start going wrong then we could have TP having less of impact on the youth team and a poor impact on the 1st team without the chance of getting another manager in who can make a difference.

Making TP manager for beyond this season wouldnt suit anyone either.

I think it still suits everyone to just take it game by game as we are doing.

Dowie shares the same ideas and gameplan as TP - as said earlier in the week, the philosophy adopted in 02/03 was to concentrate on our own game and not to concentrate too much on what the opposition are up to.

Go Hard or Go Home.

Well Done to TP, his backroom staff and the lads.

The only replacement is Dowie for me!

We are now looking at 6 wins from 14 and hopefully after Saturday 5 from 13. If you were SC would you hurry to appoint a new manager?

No. If TP has agreed to do it until the end of the season providing we get somebody in in the summer then so be it. If it aint broke, don't fix it etc etc...