PRESS CONFERENCE AND INVITATION TO THE CLUB.

Painstaking eh?

Candidate No1 - too expensive

Candidate No2 - too expensive

Candidate No3 - too expensive

Candidate No4 - too expensive

Candidate No5 - too expensive

Candidate No6 - too expensive

Candidate No7 - too expensive

Candidate No8 - too expensive

Candidate No9 - too expensive

Candidate No10 - too expensive

Candidate No11 - too expensive

Candidate No12 - too expensive

Candidate No13 - too expensive

Candidate No14 - too expensive

Candidate No15 - too expensive

Candidate No16 - too expensive

Candidate No17 - too expensive

Candidate No18 - too expensive

Candidate No19 - too expensive

Candidate No20 - too expensive

Candidate No21 - too expensive

Candidate No22 - too expensive

Candidate No23 - too expensive

Candidate No24 - too expensive

Candidate No25 - too expensive

Candidate No26 - too expensive

Candidate No27 - too expensive

Candidate No28 - too expensive

Candidate No29 - too expensive

Candidate No30 - too expensive

Candidate No31 - too expensive

Candidate No32 - too expensive

Candidate No33 - too expensive

Candidate No34 - too expensive

Candidate No35 - PEANUTS? WELCOME TO THE CLUB YOUNG LEE

So you dont want to attend and talk some sense?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact Barry has not denied it on this thread suggests it is

We wont know who it is until the press conference tomorrow, therefore it is imperative that those selected to attend to meet the new manager go in to the meeting with an open mind, and don't pre guess who the manager is going to be. Question " how do you feel on your first managerial appointment" Mr Brown why are you looking so non-plussed.

Firstly, fair play to Barry and whoever has set this up, im assuming (maybe incorrectly) that Lee Johnson is the new manager and I would like to congratulate him on the appointment and wish him luck, he will have my 100% backing no matter who it is and wether I agree with it or not

I cant go but I really hope Prozac does!

1, Will the new manager be in charge for Tuesday night?

2, Why have we taken so long to employ and are we simply only employing because we are panicing after a host of loses?

3, What is the vision going forward?

4, This is for SC..... Do you think this is the appointment the fans wanted as you told us you would listen to the fans

We wont know who it is until the press conference tomorrow, therefore it is imperative that those selected to attend to meet the new manager go in to the meeting with an open mind, and don't pre guess who the manager is going to be. Question " how do you feel on your first managerial appointment" Mr Brown why are you looking so non-plussed.

We know it's Johnson.

For the 10-12 who get the chance to meet the manager, remember it's not his fault he was appointed so don't direct your anger towards him, give him the respect he deserves because a ball hasn't been kicked under his management here yet.

If it is Lee Johnson as stated then please ask the following questions:

1. Is this the 1st managerial position you have applied for?

2. What objectives have you been given by the club?

3. Are you going to act as player/manager or just manager?

4. Have you been given any funds to strengthen the squad before the end of the season?

5. Have you been given a clear vision of the clubs next 5 year plan?

6. If the club gets relegated have you been given assurances that you'll be here next season?

And the biggest question of all:

7. How with no previous managerial experience do you think you can win over the dressing room and gain the players respect?

Like I said please give the guy the respect he deserves, to me the best managers are the ones that have the best man to man management skills to which he may have and it might work, everyone starts somewhere in their careers so let's get behind the team to stay up.

So you dont want to attend and talk some sense?

would love to, but i am at work until after 5 and no longer live in the Oldham area

my post was obviously in jest but you cant tell me this appointment is not about money, with this club its always about money.

make sense?

I think we need to remember it's an informal Q&A session with the new manager. He's not going to be able to answer questions on the selection process or wider club policy

I agree but 4,5 and 6 are crucial and if Johnson can't answer then I want commitments from Corney on these three.

For the 10-12 who get the chance to meet the manager, remember it's not his fault he was appointed so don't direct your anger towards him, give him the respect he deserves because a ball hasn't been kicked under his management here yet.

If it is Lee Johnson as stated then please ask the following questions:

4. Have you been given any funds to strengthen the squad before the end of the season?

6. If the club gets relegated have you been given assurances that you'll be here next season?

7. How with no previous managerial experience do you think you can win over the dressing room and gain the players respect?

Like I said please give the guy the respect he deserves, to me the best managers are the ones that have the best man to man management skills to which he may have and it might work, everyone starts somewhere in their careers so let's get behind the team to stay up.

I personally cannot make due to business commitments but I trust the majority on here to ask reasoned and justified questions.

I'm trusting that the full Q&A will be publicised and not edited. Those attending will provide an update Im sure but I fully agree that the Q&A should actually be with Corney and not the new manager. Johnson shouldn't have to defend himself but Corney, Owen and the rest of the selection panel.

I'm underwhelmed but will support Johnson.

Ones in bold, id like asking as well please. Question 2 is pretty straight forward what he'll say in my opinion, to keep us up etc. We'll find out soon enough whether he'll be playing as well, plus that will probably be announced in the announcement. Funds about the players will be, we'll bring the odd loanee in as we do every year, as we'd do whoever was in charge.

For those with access to the Official Site you will see that a Press Conference has been called for 2.00pm tomorrow (18.3.2013) in respect of the appointment of a new manager.

This follows a long painstaking interview process carried out by the Chairman and Board of Directors.

The new manager has intimated a desire to meet a number of fans immediately and I also envisage that on a suitable date in the future he will want to attend a Fans Forum.

I am making arrangements for approximately 10-12 fans to attend the club tomorrow at 4.00pm when they can meet the new manager and discuss with him anything they wish.

I am sure that with any new appointment fans will want to ask many questions.

The gathering will be in the Board Room and will be low key. Refreshment will be available (free of charge).

The best way forward, is if you are interested, is to append your wish to attend to this thread. Once the names are in I will draw the first 12 names out of a hat and link a post later tonight.

I think this is the fair way to do this at the last minute and no doubt those attending will report to other via this site to be more informed. Please get your names in by 10.00pm.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Barry

Right initiative but,if it is the unknown Lee Johnson, then the wrong person will be thrown into a PR exercise. SC needs to be meeting the fans and answering the questions. Questions like why the hell has it taken such a ridiculous amount of time to pick a manager, given that PDs time was up at New Year and given the fact that we're in the :censored: (and, therefore, in even more urgent need of strong leadership and quick, decisive action)? Who else applied? Why was the choice made? I mean, a 31 year old with no connection whatsoever to the club? Why not Dowie? Money - again???

Nice idea,but wrong man. Real answers needed. This is just a PR exercise.

would love to, but i am at work until after 5 and no longer live in the Oldham area

my post was obviously in jest but you cant tell me this appointment is not about money, with this club its always about money.

make sense?

Yes, but if you have no money and can only afford a fiesta, would you go out and buy a BMW?

Yes, but if you have no money and can only afford a fiesta, would you go out and buy a BMW?

you could always go and buy a 2nd hand BMW, there are always good deals out there if you negotiate the right deal :deal2:

No. Quite right, but if you've won a few bob on the lottery you might want to wisely invest. Also, if you're going to lose a :censored: load of cash because your fiesta is knackered, then it's a false economy and you're actually wiser investing in something better.

My questions.

1) Was the first question you were asked " do you have an extensive contact book?"

2) How does it feel to have beaten Mario Balotelli's translator? Being equally qualified and equally available?

3) Has your coaching team experience of anyone above St Mildreds Primary level?

4) Given your property background, is it true you have been bought in to paint the Chaddy roof?

5) Are you going to keep Tony Philliskirk on?

You know, the more I think about this the more I think this meeting is going to be a waste of time. Lee Johnson is an unfortunate pawn in all this, it's not his fault and I bear him no ill will whatsoever, I hope he succeeds but yet again it reeks of a cheap, short-term appointment.

There's zero vision in our boardroom to move the club forward and there hasn't been for a number of years. It's the short-termism that's killing the club, not the choice of manager, not the fans walking away, not the knocking down of the Lookers Stand the new guy is on a hiding to nothing. There's no vision to drive this club forward, all we get are excuses. Even :censored:ing Rochdale, Bury, Stockport County have had more success than us in the last 20 years.

Times were bad under Stott and Brierley, but the last 5 years have seen the club at it's lowest ebb ever in the time i've been a Latics fan, not only in league position but the club has become a joke again, just like it was in the mid-80s the club holds very little credibility in the town once again. You know with the cup run I thought we were on the up again, a chance to keep the momentum and good feeling going. Nope, this appointment has blown that away again. All it's done is piss the majority of the fanbase off.

As I say it's in no way Lee Johnson's fault, he just applied for another job like we all do from time to time. I hope to God he's aware of what he's letting himself in for as he's going to be held out to dry, with every excuse in the book levelled from the boardroom should this go as quickly tits up as I think it may….

Welcome to Boundary Park Lee…...

Edited by oafcprozac

Absolutely :censored: all chance of Prozac getting "drawn out of the hat" as he'll ask far too many awkward questions.

Actually good point. Why does Barry get to pick out the hat?

Why can't we fans propose our representative? He's asked for volunteers on here so why can't Prozac represent the majority? I've never seen a poll on this board before but could we create a poll specifically for this?

We want Prozac to attend.

Barry?

You know, the more I think about this the more I think this meeting is going to be a waste of time. Lee Johnson is an unfortunate pawn in all this, it's not his fault and I bear him no ill will whatsoever, I hope he succeeds but yet again it reeks of a cheap, short-term appointment.

There's zero vision in our boardroom to move the club forward and there hasn't been for a number of years. It's the short-termism that's killing the club, not the choice of manager, not the fans walking away, not the knocking down of the Lookers Stand the new guy is on a hiding to nothing. There's no vision to drive this club forward, all we get are excuses. Even :censored:ing Rochdale, Bury, Stockport County have had more success than us in the last 20 years.

Times were bad under Stott and Brierley, but the last 5 years have seen the club at it's lowest ebb ever in the time i've been a Latics fan, not only in league position but the club has become a joke again, just like it was in the mid-80s the club holds very little credibility in the town once again. You know with the cup run I thought we were on the up again, a chance to keep the momentum and good feeling going. Nope, this appointment has blown that away again. All it's done is piss the majority of the fanbase off.

As I say it's in no way Lee Johnson's fault, he just applied for another like we all do from time to time. I hope to God he's aware of what he's letting himself in for as he's going to be held out to dry, with every excuse in the book levelled from the boardroom should this go as quickly tits up as I think it may….

Welcome to Boundary Park Lee…...

That's why I propose you Prozac. Turn up and seek out Corney...ask him the questions and see the whites of his eyes

That's why I propose you Prozac. Turn up and seek out Corney...ask him the questions and see the whites of his eyes

I've had two long conversations with Simon recently i've kept quiet about what was discussed and mostly learnt nothing new really except how greedy players and agents are, nothing that isn't in the public domain somehwere.

Tbh I was caught on the hop a little, in the tranquility of a boardroom I won't be and will be prepared with suitable questions if I get the chance.

Tomorrow seems to be about the new manager, i'm interested to see how the club justifies such a left-field appointment in a time of crisis.