Nice little feature and memories...

Watched this just before I headed into work. A great little clip really showing what can be acheived if you put your mind to it.

Was at the Soton game too, a great atmosphere during and after the game ... remember being in xanadu's in Rochdale that evening and bumping into PG and having a right good drink in the back of the day.

Weird to see the out n out passion in the fans faces yet wondering at the same time where they are now!

I screamed so much in those last 2 home games that I damaged my vocal chords. It took 3 months of speech therapy to get my voice back. I got married 2 weeks after the Southampton game, not many people heard my wedding speech even with a karaoke machine. Happy days.

Watched this just before I headed into work. A great little clip really showing what can be acheived if you put your mind to it.

Was at the Soton game too, a great atmosphere during and after the game ... remember being in xanadu's in Rochdale that evening and bumping into PG and having a right good drink in the back of the day.

Weird to see the out n out passion in the fans faces yet wondering at the same time where they are now!

Fantastic game. Even the Southampton fans joined in the mexican waves

Fantastic, a full BP what an atmosphere, how the hell did we win at Villa.

Hands up. I had given up hope after Palace won and didn't go to Ashton Vanilla. Watched it on Sky at a mate's house. Another lad there was a Manure fan. Giving them the title took a bit of the edge off it, the media ignored our achievement to fawn to them.

Hands up. I had given up hope after Palace won and didn't go to Ashton Vanilla. Watched it on Sky at a mate's house. Another lad there was a Manure fan. Giving them the title took a bit of the edge off it, the media ignored our achievement to fawn to them.

I had given up as well, after we beat Villa I still thought it was too much, had to give the Liverpool game a miss so let one of my mates borrow my ST, listened to that game sat in a van down south. But that Saints game crapping it when they came back.

It was a phenomenal week that fantastic result at villa was a fantastic defensive display. Royle made a big call by dropping neil adams to the bench and replacing him with steve redmond but redmond played a blinder in that game cleared one of the line if I remember. In the Liverpool game Ian Olney was fantastic got alot of stick did Olney but in the second half of that season he lead the line well and chipped in with 14 goals. The southampton game speaks for itself but it was typical of us on that season that we would end it with a 4 - 3 we were them 3rd highest goal scorers in the premier league that season. For me personally this remains my favourite season supporting latics I got my first season ticket in 91-92 and ive had one ever since. Great memories.

Awaits prozac to give an indepth analysis of that season....

I hadn't given up as what that doesn't show is what Sheff United did. Going into Saturday we were only 3 points behind them, both with 3 games to play. They beat Forest on the Saturday, sending Forest down. We were therefore 6 games behind with 3 games to play. Beating Villa meant we caught up 3 points. So going into the midweek games Palace were 2 points ahead of Sheff U and they were 3 points ahead of us (but with a vastly superior goal difference). Palace drew and both us and Sheff U won (Sheff U were playing at Goodison). Technically Sheff U were not safe going into the last game, they won so actually shot up a few places, and therefore get ignored these days. We all know what happened with us and Palace and it's why I always had a soft spot for PD.

I'm nearing 60 now and those clips really bring it home to me how good we were during that period. I have seen re-election seasons and bad times but I will take the joy of those 3 seasons in the top flight to my grave.