New Loanee?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes close to 10 bookings and a ban (don't know if there's a cut-off date) - Johnson musn't think much of the other options on the books.

Just read that he can play anywhere across the midfield which is a good option to have. Johnson think's highly of Smith (Granted he is only here for the month). When does Obita's loan run out?

Are we that strong in midfield? We lost 2 but only signed one. This gives us more depth.

With the fixture congestion we need numbers. For that reason, i think we need another defender. We've only got two full-backs, three centre-backs+kid. Others can cover,but i'd still like to see an actual defender for the rest of the season.

A bit surprised by this move.

I'm not really sure why he's come in as we seem to have a bit of depth in the centre of midfield with Mellor, Winchester, Wes and Simpson all having more experience than this lad.

I'd be targeting a fast striker (if Dan Taylor isn't going to get a game) or a right-back.

If this is a sign of things to come in terms of prioritising an unexperienced loanee ahead of 2 of our younger 2 CM it is a little worrying. However, if Reid doesn't really get a game then not to worry. Does anybody know what the difference between normal loan and youth loan is?

I'm not really a fan of Mellor whatsoever but if Winchester is to be let go in the Summer I'd be very disappointed as he looks to be developing into a good player. Put a bit of weight on him and he'll make it.

Edited by NewBlue

Sounds like he'd be pushing for their first team if it wasn't for their league position (ala winchester).

He looked good in pre-season and in the odd cameo from the bench according to brizzles forum and will most definitely be involved in their first team next season.

Sounds promising

I'm not really sure why he's come in as we seem to have a bit of depth in the centre of midfield with Mellor, Winchester, Wes and Simpson all having more experience than this lad.

I'd be targeting a fast striker (if Dan Taylor isn't going to get a game) or a right-back.

If this is a sign of things to come in terms of prioritising an unexperienced loanee ahead of 2 of our younger 2 CM it is a little worrying. However, if Reid doesn't really get a game then not to worry. Does anybody know what the difference between normal loan and youth loan is?

I'm not really a fan of Mellor whatsoever but if Winchester is to be let go in the Summer I'd be very disappointed as he looks to be developing into a good player. Put a bit of weight on him and he'll make it.

LJ has been watching the players for the last 8 games, he knows what needs doing, maybe he looked and thought, this lot are in the bottom four cause there :censored:... I need to bring some better players.

Simple as that for me.

Bottom line is that neither Mellor or Winchester are good enough for this division.

What impact have they made since their debuts over 2 years ago , None.

Don't tell me it's because they haven't had enough games, if they were good enough they would have had all the games they needed.

Bottom line is that neither Mellor or Winchester are good enough for this division.

Don't tell me it's because they haven't had enough games, if they were good enough they would have had all the games they needed.

Mellor had a great run at left back last season for around 15 games including motm televised Mk victory . Winchester has had some impressive games non more so than Liverpool only two months ago . No impact since two years ago ? Not at all

LJ has been watching the players for the last 8 games, he knows what needs doing, maybe he looked and thought, this lot are in the bottom four cause there :censored:... I need to bring some better players.

Simple as that for me.

I agree, Mellor isn't good enough yet but Winchester looks like he's becoming a good centre-midfielder. Winchester has been good this season, especially against Liverpool and looks to have a future ahead of him.

Mellor on the other hand probably suffered from his awful stint at left-back last season. No confidence gained from an unsuccessful spell and hardly any gametime this season looks to have stinted his growth as a player. Shame as he looked to be a good player a few years ago.

Winchester looks like he's been improving and Mellor looks to have gone back a step, that is the difference between the 2.

I'd go along with this, but short of making him play in lead boots he isn't going to do in the next few games! Hope we keep him on and work on his strength over the summer