Matt smith left out?

3 good FA Cup games later and suddenly all the work we have put into him in the last 18 months means nothing. Cheerio Matt thanks for the FA Cup.

If he's being offered big money by Bolton or whoever he's got to take it.

Good luck to him. Good move for him and no great loss to us.

Wouldn't dispute he's shown improvement over the past few months but our results when he got a run of starts in December/January are a major reason why we are in the :censored:.

For me he's always going to be someone who picks up injuries simply due to the sheer size of him and also think he is most effective when used as an impact sub.

For me he's always going to be someone who picks up injuries simply due to the sheer size of him and also think he is most effective when used as an impact sub.

Even then we've "looked a lot better when he came on" but ultimately still lost most of the time.

Wouldn't dispute he's shown improvement over the past few months but our results when he got a run of starts in December/January are a major reason why we are in the :censored:.

to be fair hes a player who needs service and we have been woeful at creating chances all season. Unless Baxter or Croft get a cross in then nobody else does.

Smith and Barnard up front for the 2nd half of the season would have seen us do OK i think - problem is then where to fit baxter

The balance of the forward line has been wrong all season no pace to stretch teams, no strength to hold it up or play effective long ball...

Even at the mo with Jose finding the net with arent convincing going forward

Edited by bluehobbit

If a Championship or premiership club were to offer Smith a contract, it will not be on account of any consistency he has shown this season [unless you count missing 'sitters']. It will be a pure punt on a player who may or may not be successful and a player who they know that they can pick-up relatively cheap.

Yes, he scored against Premiership opposition, but that was unique circumstance. If Smith believes that he is good enough to play at a higher level, then best of luck to him, as anybody else in his position would do the same, if the right offer came along. Personally, I think he will end-up as a reserve team/possible bench warmer and will be back in lower league football as soon as his contract expires.