Letter From The Council

Ive had a letter through this morning, presumably because I signed in support on their website? The Planning Comitee will be meeting on the 10th of this month and the letter invites me to speak (by prior arrangement) if I so wish. Anybody else had one?

Ive had a letter through this morning, presumably because I signed in support on their website? The Planning Comitee will be meeting on the 10th of this month and the letter invites me to speak (by prior arrangement) if I so wish. Anybody else had one?

Your comments may have aroused interest and they would like to listen to your words of wisdom even further :grin: If not and they have sent these out in number what a waste of public money. When you get there PLEASE just tell them to get on with it

If you're planning (ahem) to go along and speak, my advice is to get some quality advice before doing so. Diego Sideburns would be a good start.

If you're planning (ahem) to go along and speak, my advice is to get some quality advice before doing so. Diego Sideburns would be a good start.

Nah. I might go along again, I did find it interesting the other two times I went. Theres nothing I can think of that I need to say though. I cant even remember what I put on the website!

Standard letter when you write on a planning application. I have one but will let the professionals do the talking.

Sadly, that's why we had the mess that was 1960s urban renewal. Never let the professionals get away with doing all the talking. They might have a profession but they're not superior in any way.

I certainly wouldn't, but council officers tend to have a professional certificate and a power complex.

This is true, but they are biddable. The point is you have to express your support or objection in the terms to which they can and/or must respond. For instance, saying that your view will be spoiled is not an objection to which they can pay attention. They can and must respond to an objection on the ground that rare newts / spiders live on the site. And so on, according to the various planning policy frameworks etc.

This is true, but they are biddable. The point is you have to express your support or objection in the terms to which they can and/or must respond. For instance, saying that your view will be spoiled is not an objection to which they can pay attention. They can and must respond to an objection on the ground that rare newts / spiders live on the site. And so on, according to the various planning policy frameworks etc.

During balmier weather a wasp often attacks me in the main stand, I assume it's in hibernation at the moment ready to pounce again

once the temperature rises. Will I have a case for the new stand if I transfer there to avoid this little pest ? ;-)

Edited by BP1960

Got 3 :-) something went wrong.... and 4 council tax letters last week. 1 with an invoice, 1 with a correction, 1 with and adjustment, 1 that is correct....

Used to get quite a few council tax letters per year from Durham council, all saying I owed them £0.00. It's not just OMBC